onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Food at Vale

Markie G

What tickles me is the sight of queues, yes queues of people waiting to hand over £3+ for a plastic bottle of weak-as-**** lager!

Carlsberg is worse then Carling (if that's possible) and at 3.8% it's debatable what the point of drinking it is.

Personally, I never ever spend any money on food in football grounds.

As for stopping people taking flasks in... . I often take one and ain't been stopped yet .

I have! It was a couple of years ago though. I was stopped and told that I couldn't take a flask into the ground. They wanted to take it and said I could have it back at the end of the game. I said I'd gladly give them the flask if everyone else who taken one into the ground handed theirs in. They didn't take it. Still no idea what the point of that exercise was :unsure:

Advert

I have! It was a couple of years ago though. I was stopped and told that I couldn't take a flask into the ground. They wanted to take it and said I could have it back at the end of the game. I said I'd gladly give them the flask if everyone else who taken one into the ground handed theirs in. They didn't take it. Still no idea what the point of that exercise was :unsure:

Maybe the reason they asked for yours was that yours was a hip flask Caz?;):D

I spend money at the food kiosk at each home game - as much to put something in to the club as to feed my appetite..

It would be a nice addition to the match day experience that the food and drink bought was of a better quality and the choice improved. Something I hope Smurf and the Club will take seriously and progress for next season..

After all, for many, Saturday is 'the' event of the week and should be an all round experience..

Come on Vale "Feed the Fans" :D

I spend money at the food kiosk at each home game - as much to put something in to the club as to feed my appetite..

It would be a nice addition to the match day experience that the food and drink bought was of a better quality and the choice improved. Something I hope Smurf and the Club will take seriously and progress for next season..

After all, for many, Saturday is 'the' event of the week and should be an all round experience..

Come on Vale "Feed the Fans" :D

Spot on. There are many fans attending matches that would pay for good food and drink, which could only be for the good of Vale's coffers. At present due to the dire offerings most tend to leave their dosh in their pocket.

With winter fast approaching it's about time we had some improvements made so at least we can enjoy edible/drinkable goodies, even if the game is stale!!:laugh:

went to tranmere the other week had a cup of coffee £1.50 and a pie £2.50 in the ground lad totalled it up £5 gave him a tenner came and gave me my change £5 ask him for another pound as the price only £4 this was a quite time before the match got my £1 back but bid he do it at busy time as well.

went to tranmere the other week had a cup of coffee £1.50 and a pie £2.50 in the ground lad totalled it up £5 gave him a tenner came and gave me my change £5 ask him for another pound as the price only £4 this was a quite time before the match got my £1 back but bid he do it at busy time as well.

£1.50 for a coffee:whiteflag: only 20p here at work.

Same thing happened to me at Tranmere with a girl behind the beer counter. Either they only employ morons, or they are playing up to the Scouse reputation...

What tickles me is the sight of queues, yes queues of people waiting to hand over £3+ for a plastic bottle of weak-as-**** lager!

Carlsberg is worse then Carling (if that's possible) and at 3.8% it's debatable what the point of drinking it is.

Personally, I never ever spend any money on food in football grounds.

As for stopping people taking flasks in....I often take one and ain't been stopped yet.

They pay that for a beer and then loads of them only have a few swigs then leave it,the amount of bottles around the bins that are still half full is unbelievable.

I didn't realise that they refuse you entry if you have a flask?? I always take my own bottle of pepsi in,people might say I should give the money to the club but to charge £2 for something I can get up the road for 99p is ott in my opinion.

Like it or not, that bottle should be confiscated due to the lid. Not saying I agree with it, mind

scouse mathematics.:D

I went to get a drink last night and in my short expierence I noticed for things.

1) No Diet Coke

2) The fridge for the beer was not switched on

3) The fridge for the soft drinks was switched on, however this was too high and I had an icy coke.

4) The guy in front of me ordered a coffee and was told there was no milk.

I work in a very similar trade, and drinks are just such easy money. Order them in put them in the fridge, sell them with for around treble what you paid.

More so with hot drinks, you just add hot water to a 10ps worth of coffee. You even get the customer to add the milk and sugar their selves! Genius.

It saddens me that we are losing money like this

Or you could get someone like Jamie Oliver in to do it like at Manchester City where a pie costs £6.50, or at Lord's where the same pie with mash is £9. :ninja:

To be fair, I got asked to trade there. And if you think you have to travel with all your equipment, pay rent to be there, pay for all raw materials, plus you only have a short time to sell food.....it has to be that price im afraid.

Archived