Sign in to follow this  
Tommy McLarens Boots

R.I.P Barry Hancock

Great bloke had many a chat to him about vale, very knowledgeable. saw him at the weekend working in his garden[i live next door but one to him]

My Aunt used to live in the same street as Barry in Burslem.I used to have a Sunday pint with him years ago in the Park Inn when Malcolm was the publican.Very sad ,lovely bloke.

So sad to hear about Baz.Vale through and through!!Last time I spoke to him was down at Dales diesel place in Newcastle street and we enjoyed a bit of banter with the lads there.Again I first met him when he worked for Pearl Assurance .RIP Barry and our thoughts are with your famiily at this sad time.

My Aunt used to live in the same street as Barry in Burslem.I used to have a Sunday pint with him years ago in the Park Inn when Malcolm was the publican.Very sad ,lovely bloke.

He lived in sneyd green, he'd only been here 3 or 4 years, think he moved to this house so his daughter and grandson could move back in with him. Ithink it was just this Monday just gone, he was up a ladder replacing his guttering.

Sorry to hear of Barry's passing. I remember him as a player in the early 60s when I started to go to the Vale on a regular basis. But like others, it was when he would knock on our door for the "club money" for Pearl Assurance that I really got to know what a nice bloke he was. Prayers for his family.

I can remember Barry playing in the early 60s, I never missed a home first team game, or a reserve team game in those days, Barry played most of his games for the reserves, I always rated him, he always gave 100 per cent both for the first team and reserve team, R.I.P Barry.

I'm in complete and utter shock! :( Barry was not one of, but THE nicest person you could ever meet. I had his name put in the vale hall of fame when I purchased my brick and have done the collection with him at St Joseph's church in Burslem since I was 10. R.I.P Bazza, you were a legend and you will be gravely missed but never forgotten.

Always remember Barry being in or around vale park, always helping out the club, collecting with a bucket, even helping out on the railway turnstiles if they were short staffed, selling programmes.. sometimes the words genuine/nice guy are said after someone passes away but Barry was a true gentleman and a Port Vale legend.

Sincere Condolences to his Family from the Casey Family

What very appropriate words have been posted on this thread. I too have known Barry for many years. I remember watching him play for us in the Black and Amber, Norman Low was the manager at the time. Barry was a referee like myself for many years, and a good one as well. Remember running the line for him in a Midland Sunday cup in Birmingham, en route we were discussing players wages etc, and he told me under Norman Low all the players left it to Norman to sort the best deal out for them for the following season, Happy days. Goodbye Baz it was apleasure to know you.