onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudge out Horton in

Valiant Haze

I like Ainsworth and think he will be decent in the future after all he did ok when in charge at QPR BUT for me IF Adams were to go(as I said on another thread,could be interesting if the Gillingham job comes up again) I would sooner have someone of the ilk of Danny Wilson,his teams play good attacking football and I think at every club he has managed he has more wins than losses.

Advert

If wanting to see a change in this 'lob it and hope' rut of playing style that Adams has adopted is warrant enough to have me labbelled as 'deluded' then, im sorry, but you are obviously one of the season ticket holders who pay next to nothing to go and watch each match.

The problem with this club, is that most supporters have become more obsessed with what they pay than the quality they pay for, they are willing to watch anything. Yes, Adams picked Vale up and got them out of a hard slog of a league, however, to continue with a playing style which is limited and boring to watch and leaving us exposed in the midfield (did you watch the Wolves game) then I think a paying supporter paying 41% more than a season ticket holder, I have a right to at very least, an opinion.

It is not hard to see morale is low and obvious that certain players already feel 'left out' With such a small playing squad, do you think this is healthy? Do you think it is healthy for the manager to have a rocky relationship with the fans, chairman and players??

You get what you wish for...wanting Ainsworth at the club for me, would be a refreshing move forward, and one day I believe he deserves the chance at the club. Keep Adams for the next few seasons? Personally I think he'l do one when someone like Gillingham or Crawley come in with more money, but that's my opinion (and i'm sticking with it)

But dont call me deluded, I saw my team crawl over the line last year after being outplayed by the likes of Northampton and Rochdale- and playing the kind of football which is not good to watch for anyone who says they are a football fan.

If you are happy with what you watch week in week out.. it's you who is deluded.

I am happy with the football we are playing. We just got promotion by being one of the highest scorers in the football league. Now we're 6 games in to the League 1 season and despite confidence clearly being a bit low, players searching for form and Adams searching for a settled first XI, we are 13th. I disagreed with the starting line up against Carlisle, but another poster made a good point about Oldham, we went there to attack and gave three awful goals away on the break. As for the Wolves game, it was actually pretty gripping stuff and an even contest until their 2nd goal which ended the contest. It was great to see 14,000 and to play a team like Wolves and compete with them. Like anyone I have the highest expectations for Vale but I know where we have come from in the last year and I know what a tough league this is. I also do not want us to over spend to bring in the quality you crave. I want a stable club, with a decent side who do us proud every week and wear their Vale shirt with pride. If I get that, I can put up with not being League 1 world beaters, and for now a mid table side. Rome wasn't built in a day, a bit of prolonged stability and under Adams we might just go even further eventually.

Justifying his tenure with comparison against our previous **** managers?

We are a club that for once is looking to the future and having this rigid, old school manager will not help. We need to be developing and producing players to sell off so we can grow as a club otherwise we are looking at hopefully getting a cup run to bring in revenue..

Will be sure there are better managers out there.

The point he's making, John, is that if you get rid of MA the odds are we'll end up with a worse manager, simple as that really

I like Ainsworth and think he will be decent in the future after all he did ok when in charge at QPR BUT for me IF Adams were to go(as I said on another thread,could be interesting if the Gillingham job comes up again) I would sooner have someone of the ilk of Danny Wilson,his teams play good attacking football and I think at every club he has managed he has more wins than losses.
Wilson would be a good option.

If wanting to see a change in this 'lob it and hope' rut of playing style that Adams has adopted is warrant enough to have me labbelled as 'deluded' then, im sorry, but you are obviously one of the season ticket holders who pay next to nothing to go and watch each match.

The problem with this club, is that most supporters have become more obsessed with what they pay than the quality they pay for, they are willing to watch anything. Yes, Adams picked Vale up and got them out of a hard slog of a league, however, to continue with a playing style which is limited and boring to watch and leaving us exposed in the midfield (did you watch the Wolves game) then I think a paying supporter paying 41% more than a season ticket holder, I have a right to at very least, an opinion.

It is not hard to see morale is low and obvious that certain players already feel 'left out' With such a small playing squad, do you think this is healthy? Do you think it is healthy for the manager to have a rocky relationship with the fans, chairman and players??

You get what you wish for...wanting Ainsworth at the club for me, would be a refreshing move forward, and one day I believe he deserves the chance at the club. Keep Adams for the next few seasons? Personally I think he'l do one when someone like Gillingham or Crawley come in with more money, but that's my opinion (and i'm sticking with it)

But dont call me deluded, I saw my team crawl over the line last year after being outplayed by the likes of Northampton and Rochdale- and playing the kind of football which is not good to watch for anyone who says they are a football fan.

If you are happy with what you watch week in week out.. it's you who is deluded.

completely agree.

The one or two times we have had a quick passing move through the midfield to the wingers we have torn the opposition to pieces, seems odd to have skilful wingers who can beat player, or even just pacy players like jones who can get pst full backs when all we do is lump it up to pope and hope he will do something with it.

Sit in vale park and listen when a few passes are put together and then compare that noise to a humped ball from defence to pope. Even if the passing move fails the appreciation is there.

I too am not a season ticket holder and if I can go to the park and see the hit and hope style of play.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying I am going to stop going, but I would love to see the players we have utilised for what they do best. I am yet to see this amazing distribution that Lines is supposed to have......................

Wilson would be a good option.

Has anyone stopped to consider that Wilson may not want to come, Smurf may not want Wilson.......... You don't get to pick the manager i'm afraid.

Likely scenario should the moaners get their way......You dislike MA, you get your wish that he's replaced and his replacement is someone you don't rate - What then? demonstrations, starve em out, black and grey until you get your way?

All the supporters will never be in agreement and I can live with that, but to be repeatedly going on about this same old crap, day in day out, when we are 6 games into the season is bullsh7t in all honesty.

You lot on here don't half talk some ********. Planning who's going be the next boss. Last time I checked Mickey is the boss and Will remain so untill smurf says so or he does not renew is contract. If we do get a new boss one thing I can guarantee smurf won't be listening to you lot

Remember last season.....6-2 5-2 4-0 4-0 7-1 few 3-1s Highest scorers Lg2 Pope top scorer football lge, and promotion..... and you say "played the kind of football which is not good to watch for anyone who says they are a football fan " WHAT ABSOLUTE B*****T you are deluded

So old sage feels that Wilson would be a good option as a replacement for Adams if he left, you seem to assume that Adams would be dismissed how will you feel if Adams wants to go,wants to leave?

Who could blame him if he wanted to, its a bliddy good job he confessed he doesn't read websites, if he read some of the negative posts on here he would run for the hills! :)

Wouldn't touch Wilson with a barge pole personally, his record isn't up to Adams and he hardly made a success of his most recent job after getting much longer in it than Adams did.

I wouldn't want a manager like Danny Wilson either when Adams eventually leaves. He's an old duffer on the managerial merry go round.

When the time comes, any new manager / management structure would have to take a holistic view. A lot of that will depend on Smurf's long term vision - will he continue with the Development Squad long term or is it one of Wildes' ideas that will quietly be forgotten about? If he decides the Dev Squad is worth persevering with then we would need a first team manager who will properly buy into it.

Archived