onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudge out Horton in

Valiant Haze

Totally with you on this one- Micky Adams cares about Micky Adams- it's hard for fans to believe that clubs like Colchester could easily prise him away from here, but its the truth, with the right offer he'd go.

I don't think it's a matter of wanting another manager- I think it's a matter of becoming a compulsory decision the club are going to have to make.

Darren Beckford, Robbie Earle, Ainsworth etc looked for other clubs.......... and every player that pulls on a Vale shirt will actively look for other clubs at some point - It's their profession and we are hardly at the top of it.

We have until recently been in the bottom tier of our profession, that is football. PVFC is a stepping stone for many and I don't mind that. If we were ambitious, then that's a different story.

Advert

If wanting to see a change in this 'lob it and hope' rut of playing style that Adams has adopted is warrant enough to have me labbelled as 'deluded' then, im sorry, but you are obviously one of the season ticket holders who pay next to nothing to go and watch each match.

The problem with this club, is that most supporters have become more obsessed with what they pay than the quality they pay for, they are willing to watch anything. Yes, Adams picked Vale up and got them out of a hard slog of a league, however, to continue with a playing style which is limited and boring to watch and leaving us exposed in the midfield (did you watch the Wolves game) then I think a paying supporter paying 41% more than a season ticket holder, I have a right to at very least, an opinion.

It is not hard to see morale is low and obvious that certain players already feel 'left out' With such a small playing squad, do you think this is healthy? Do you think it is healthy for the manager to have a rocky relationship with the fans, chairman and players??

You get what you wish for...wanting Ainsworth at the club for me, would be a refreshing move forward, and one day I believe he deserves the chance at the club. Keep Adams for the next few seasons? Personally I think he'l do one when someone like Gillingham or Crawley come in with more money, but that's my opinion (and i'm sticking with it)

But dont call me deluded, I saw my team crawl over the line last year after being outplayed by the likes of Northampton and Rochdale- and playing the kind of football which is not good to watch for anyone who says they are a football fan.

If you are happy with what you watch week in week out.. it's you who is deluded.

Well there was the Burton match you seem to have forgot, we only just scraped through there as well. What was it 7 something ?

At the time of Rudge's sacking, there were many that wanted him to remain, but there were also a vocal element that wanted him gone.

You don't get to choose the replacement....

Horton was the man - Again, I believe support for him after a while was split, say 50/50.

He's too expensive for Bratt's liking ( I fear this may happen again after listening to Smurf on P&G )

Foyle is the next - Cheaper alternative, untried - supporters love him.... ( Ala Page in some respects )

Results, performances and signings are poor - he's a gonner

Sinnott - Cheaper Alternative, untried ...A non-league gamble, with a good track record and a fine reputation.......say no more

Glover - Cheap, untried, supporters liked him as a player ....... say no more

Micky Adams - Fantastic track record from the top division down, with promotions a plenty. A coup you might say for PVFC

He stated at his meet the manager night that if one club in particular's job was open to him, then he may just go to his boyhood club...... what were the chances

Gannon - A steady past, with a history of being different in his footballing principles/style. I need not continue on his reign

Micky Adams returns - Eventually following administration he gets us promoted - Now FIVE games into the season, some supporters are attempting to berate the bloke & gather support for their dislike of the manager's frank talking press conferences...

The Managers List -

John Rudge England 1983 1999

Brian Horton England 1999 2004

Martin Foyle England 2004 2007

Lee Sinnott England 2007 2008

Dean Glover England 2008 2009

Micky Adams England 2009 2010

Jim Gannon Republic of Ireland 2011 2011

Micky Adams England 2011

Be careful what you wish for, because if the best manager since Rudge is forced out and the gamble of the next manager doesn't pay off...... Then the split you are seeing now with supporters will be nothing in comparison to then....

Lay off I say.

Good post after reading it I think you are totally right

At the time of Rudge's sacking, there were many that wanted him to remain, but there were also a vocal element that wanted him gone.

You don't get to choose the replacement....

Horton was the man - Again, I believe support for him after a while was split, say 50/50.

He's too expensive for Bratt's liking ( I fear this may happen again after listening to Smurf on P&G )

Foyle is the next - Cheaper alternative, untried - supporters love him.... ( Ala Page in some respects )

Results, performances and signings are poor - he's a gonner

Sinnott - Cheaper Alternative, untried ...A non-league gamble, with a good track record and a fine reputation.......say no more

Glover - Cheap, untried, supporters liked him as a player ....... say no more

Micky Adams - Fantastic track record from the top division down, with promotions a plenty. A coup you might say for PVFC

He stated at his meet the manager night that if one club in particular's job was open to him, then he may just go to his boyhood club...... what were the chances

Gannon - A steady past, with a history of being different in his footballing principles/style. I need not continue on his reign

Micky Adams returns - Eventually following administration he gets us promoted - Now FIVE games into the season, some supporters are attempting to berate the bloke & gather support for their dislike of the manager's frank talking press conferences...

The Managers List -

John Rudge England 1983 1999

Brian Horton England 1999 2004

Martin Foyle England 2004 2007

Lee Sinnott England 2007 2008

Dean Glover England 2008 2009

Micky Adams England 2009 2010

Jim Gannon Republic of Ireland 2011 2011

Micky Adams England 2011

Be careful what you wish for, because if the best manager since Rudge is forced out and the gamble of the next manager doesn't pay off...... Then the split you are seeing now with supporters will be nothing in comparison to then....

Lay off I say.

Great post.....

I really don't like Adams as a person, worst interviews on radio ever, like a spoilt child! However I am very careful what I wish for when you think about some names in the recent past like Sinnott, Glover and the clown of all clowns Gannon

Adams still in for me.... just

What a great result for Ainsworth yesterday- at a club who only in midweek put five past Bradford. Last year? So what? If you look at Wycombe week in week out they get some outstanding results. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how popular Ainsworth would be after the reception he had end of last season. He has already had short term success with qpr as caretaker he is young and one for the future.

Gareth Ainsworth in? What's he done to deserve a promotion? Or is it another moronic case of a former Vale player in management as with Bogie and Aspin?

I go home happy if Vale win. I'd rather see us play badly and win 1-0 than play brilliantly and lose 3-0.

I`d rather play well and win or is that asking too much?

Archived