onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams New Contract

Pops

Advert

People really have got too much times on their hands. And what planet is the OP on, "if results don't improve"!!!! What the **** did you expect, 12 points with a Goal difference of 30plus. Get a grip. And it might of escaped your attention on that other planet, but no matter what you or any other supporter does, if and when Adams leaves there is **** all anyone can do about it. The fact is at least now we've got an owner with money, so we may get an even better manager.

People really have got too much times on their hands. And what planet is the OP on, "if results don't improve"!!!! What the **** did you expect, 12 points with a Goal difference of 30plus. Get a grip. And it might of escaped your attention on that other planet, but no matter what you or any other supporter does, if and when Adams leaves there is **** all anyone can do about it. The fact is at least now we've got an owner with money, so we may get an even better manager.

Exactly. We're currently mid table therefore if results stayed exactly as they are we'd finish......mid table, which would be an excellent position for us.

I'm trying to remain optimistic but I have an uneasy feeling things are not right between our manager and chairman. I was given to understand that MA was offered a new contract by Wildes before he left. Now that new contract is not forthcoming from Smurthwaite. I can see a bust up soon, especially if results don't improve.

This is what I love about us Port vale fans, always so optimistic!

I'm trying to remain optimistic but I have an uneasy feeling things are not right between our manager and chairman. I was given to understand that MA was offered a new contract by Wildes before he left. Now that new contract is not forthcoming from Smurthwaite. I can see a bust up soon, especially if results don't improve.

Can you see this weekends lottery numbers?

Nothing to sign Jean.

Exactly, either he signs or he doesn't. What's your point? Adams is a decent manager and he has done well with us but he has never been totally committed to Vale and I don't believe he is the only manager who could have a degree of success with us. I will always be grateful for what he did when the club was in admin but if someone offers him more cash he'll be off. I don't actually see the point of your original post?

Exactly, either he signs or he doesn't. What's your point? Adams is a decent manager and he has done well with us but he has never been totally committed to Vale and I don't believe he is the only manager who could have a degree of success with us. I will always be grateful for what he did when the club was in admin but if someone offers him more cash he'll be off. I don't actually see the point of your original post?

My point is Adams name is out there because there is no contract on the table - and I have an idea who put it there.

When's Adams contracted till?

I am sure other League 1 and above clubs will be desperate at the minute to sign a Manager who was a total failure in this division with Sheff Utd and hasn't yet shown he can be any different with the Vale.

I have every faith in MA making us a success in this division and if he does then he will no doubt be offered a new contract.

But just for now - lets just enjoy playing big games in League 1 with the Manager who took us from being a club in Administration to promotion in one season.

Personally, I'd prefer to let the honeymoon period run for a while longer yet without what are basically **** stirring posts like this.

I am sure other League 1 and above clubs will be desperate at the minute to sign a Manager who was a total failure in this division with Sheff Utd and hasn't yet shown he can be any different with the Vale.

He was in the Championship with Sheff, Dave, not League 1!

I have every faith in MA making us a success in this division and if he does then he will no doubt be offered a new contract.

But just for now - lets just enjoy playing big games in League 1 with the Manager who took us from being a club in Administration to promotion in one season.

Personally, I'd prefer to let the honeymoon period run for a while longer yet without what are basically **** stirring posts like this.

Championship David, championship.

He may have failed with Sheff Utd but he also got a Leicester side, in admin, promoted to the premiership.

He may or not be the man to take us forward from here, and if we stop progressing (whilt still being backed) then he should be replaced however for his achievement this far he deserves to be alowed to see out his contract with minimal negativity (unless we're relegation bound).

Doesn't Micky have a prolific record of getting clubs promoted in 'backs to the wall' circumstances then leaving/being sacked shortly after?

He got Fulham promoted when they were 91st in the FL when he took over, before being sacked the season after.

He got Brighton promoted as they were in the middle of a financial crisis, then left the season after.

He went up with Leicester in the 02-03 season when they were in debts of £30 million, was gone by October 04.

Archived