onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Interesting article re Oxlade Chamberlain

JOHNNYAITCH

Article in the Daily Mail/Rag today re Wenger and his transfer policy...

At one point they discuss some clauses re the transfer of Chamberlain from Saints as follows (I paraphrase a little):

"Written into the England wingers deal (between Saints and the Ar$e) is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

This led to a trend with Wnger bringing him off the bench after 72 mins v Stoke, 73 mins v Liverpool, 72 minutes v Coventry and so on.

Saints claimed payment for all of these matches as they included stoppage time at the end of the match. Arsenal agreed to pay"

I am almost speechless..almost

Advert

That is mind boggling! So the lad loses game time because of payments to his former club!?! No wonder our national team is going to the dogs if youngsters lose out because of greed.

What pillock agreed a clause that ridiculous anyway- he needs a better agent!

I think thats nonsense to be honest. Do you think during a game, Wenger was thinking, right dont put ox on before 70 mins as it will cost us £10k, he wouldnt have given a rats ass what it cost.

There is that too I guess. Presuming Arsenal play 45- 50 games a season, it's still not a huge amount to a club that size

I seem to remember when Mark Bright went to Leicester, that there was an appearance clause in the transfer, once he reached that he didn't play again, but went to Palace. Money is tight sometimes, but I am surprised at Arsenal, a made up story?

There is that too I guess. Presuming Arsenal play 45- 50 games a season, it's still not a huge amount to a club that size
Suppose there are several players with similar clauses, will we not need an accountant at Wenger`s side calling the changes?

I think thats nonsense to be honest. Do you think during a game, Wenger was thinking, right dont put ox on before 70 mins as it will cost us £10k, he wouldnt have given a rats ass what it cost.

Having seen Arsenals reluctance to spend in transfer windows and there constant protection over their money, yes, thats exactly what i would think Wenger was thinking.

There could well be other players with similar clauses, so will we end up with an accountant at the side of Wenger, calling the changes?

Article in the Daily Mail/Rag today re Wenger and his transfer policy...

At one point they discuss some clauses re the transfer of Chamberlain from Saints as follows (I paraphrase a little):

"Written into the England wingers deal (between Saints and the Ar$e) is a clause stating that Arsenal must pay Saints £10,000 every time Oxlade-Chamberlain appears for more than 20 minutes.

This led to a trend with Wnger bringing him off the bench after 72 mins v Stoke, 73 mins v Liverpool, 72 minutes v Coventry and so on.

Saints claimed payment for all of these matches as they included stoppage time at the end of the match. Arsenal agreed to pay"

I am almost speechless..almost

Isn't the stoppage time is part of the 90 mins?A game of football can only be 90 mins long unless its a cup match etc.Where an extra 15 mins(x2) can be played etc.Arsenal agreed to pay :doh::laugh::laugh:

Archived