onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How do they manage?

werstayinup

Nowhere near enough..we want to attract the best don't we?

Can we afford those salaries..I've no idea..again a ROI analysis and/or feasibility study should be a prerequisite to putting any figures together

Feasibility study. Sometimes it's about chance taking studies take time gives smurf another excuse to "fiddle while Rome burns".

Advert

And again, youre missing the point.

I couldnt care less whether or not he pumps more money in. Could. Not. Care. Less.

However, he stated he would gladly put in an extra 10k a month. FACT.

My point being, if he wanted to, he could. Someway. Anyway. Find a loophole.

It wouldnt hinder the club as its not a loan.

In no way whatsoever am i suggesting he throw millions at it and then we are in **** street.

I will not lose sleep over it either way but the opening poster is asking how other clubs manage. Im just stating that if he wants to, Norman could find a way of putting more money in. Money he said, at a supporters club meeting he would be willing to put in.

Do you understand my point now?

ST, I think the reason the football league won't allow chairmen to pump in extra funds to bring in players is because if that chairmen leaves ( remember Wyldes left suddenly ) then the club will be left to pay those players wages that are above the financial fair play limit. So yes it sounds great when Smurf says he will fund an extra 10 grand a week but if he leaves the club has to find the money from somewhere.

Drop 8 k per month ticketmaster easily gives you the salaries

Presumably Smurf has his reasons for engaging TM and has determined that they outweigh the benefits of using the money elsewhere..I've seen no info to the contrary. Save 8K per month may increase other costs, increase reputational risk, cause PR damage..the less tangible costs must also be taken into account.

Plus as anyone who has ever employed anyone will know the cost of an employee on such a salary or in such a position is far greater than the salaries themselves..pension payments, NI, car, bonuses and so on. You can easily add 50%+ on top for someone in such a position, putting the cost up significantly to a point where the TM money might not cover it.

Feasibility study. Sometimes it's about chance taking studies take time gives smurf another excuse to "fiddle while Rome burns".

A feasibility study is obvioulsy not 'fiddling..' it's part of finding out what is the right thing to do and what can be done. Imagine the damage done on so many levels if he pursues a venture and it turns out not to be feasible...financial cost, reputational cost, possibly regulatory cost and so on.

If he wants to take chances with his money then that's up to him but I don't him taking such chances with our football club

I've heard enough people around the Vale community state as much. Its mainly amongst the 90% of Vale fans who don't post on this website and therefore don't have their heads stuck up their own backside, or of the backside of the Smurf.

I am amazed that you have actually managed to hear off 90% of the Vale community tbh.

Do not see how we can loose. Smurf needs to advertise and interview for a candidate with sound retail and customer service skills together with the ability to think totally outside of the box. I would have the candidates come to me with a portfolio of ideas.

Things like themed kids parties in tommy s.kids parties with stadium tour just as one tiny idea. There are no legal complications a three month probationary with a can extend to six clause. The salary would be massively linked to performance. And the same again for our corporate side how many ex hotel managers are there out there with experience in bar management. Wedding venue management etc etc you pass most hotels these days and they are advertising live entertainment again work on a bonus for return on investment. I ask again how many christmas parties are booked in at the vale this year smurf. Is it a disco and a Vegas theme black tie or are we having the best beatles tribute ever ?

If you need help smurf and you have a few hours spare at your convenience please private message me.

And just to re iterate I want to help the club with my skills like offering to build a wall in the railway if I were a builder I do not need or want to be smurfs chief exec or whatever.

Do not see how we can loose. Smurf needs to advertise and interview for a candidate with sound retail and customer service skills together with the ability to think totally outside of the box. I would have the candidates come to me with a portfolio of ideas.

Things like themed kids parties in tommy s.kids parties with stadium tour just as one tiny idea. There are no legal complications a three month probationary with a can extend to six clause. The salary would be massively linked to performance. And the same again for our corporate side how many ex hotel managers are there out there with experience in bar management. Wedding venue management etc etc you pass most hotels these days and they are advertising live entertainment again work on a bonus for return on investment. I ask again how many christmas parties are booked in at the vale this year smurf. Is it a disco and a Vegas theme black tie or are we having the best beatles tribute ever ?

If you need help smurf and you have a few hours spare at your convenience please private message me.

And just to re iterate I want to help the club with my skills like offering to build a wall in the railway if I were a builder I do not need or want to be smurfs chief exec or whatever.

The usual place for Xmas events at VP is on the Official Web site. If I was interested in work with a business I would send a CV and a portfolio of ideas, or is it more difficult than that?

And I thought I was a bit of a fantasist

Archived