onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coventry it gets worse

ginginator

It is not impossible to eradicate dodgy people from football but it does need an end to the defeatist attitude of "we can do nothing about it". It probably requires a change in the law, but that is what parliament is for. So get in touch with your MP for a start. If all football supporters got together, they would have sufficient weight to scare any political party into taking action. Perhaps this is what supporters clubs should be for. You could also press the FA into taking control of football - particularly the Premier League. to ensure that only licensed people were involved in the running of football clubs at any level. Just a few ideas for starters. But please don't say "we can do nothing about it", because that simply lets the rogues have their own way and ruin our beautiful game.

Ok. So tonight I win the Euromillions, and buy a club. They would not have a reason to tell me I couldn't buy a football club and run it how I wish, but if I began running the club like a tuck shop. What would happen? Would I have the club taken off me, which is my asset? Who would run the club?

Advert

Just heard on radio that they are facing minumum 15 points deduction

Plus their move to Northampton may be declared illegal :(

They need to sort things out with the Ricoh Arena. Its main use is a football stadium in Coventry. Surely a deal can be done.

The owners of the Ricoh must be desperate

Just heard on radio that they are facing minumum 15 points deduction

Plus their move to Northampton may be declared illegal :(

It won't be illegal, there's nothing in law that says they can't play at Northampton. However, Arena Coventry Ltd (the company that owns the Ricoh stadium) may well try and sue Northampton for some form of breach of contract. I don't see how though, the contract is between Coventry and ACL, nothing to do with Northampton unless they're going for inducement to break a contract which is a bit of a tenuous link.

There's certainly something rayt dodgy going on though, looking at the Coventry forums it appears that ACL have offered to reduce the rent at the Ricoh down from £1m a year down to £150k a year, a much more manageable level, but it's been rejected. It looks like some form of cat-and-mouse game between ACL (who own the stadium) and SISU (who own/owned) Coventry, with both trying to get the other out of business to buy up the remnants. Not nice for fans!

It won't be illegal, there's nothing in law that says they can't play at Northampton. However, Arena Coventry Ltd (the company that owns the Ricoh stadium) may well try and sue Northampton for some form of breach of contract. I don't see how though, the contract is between Coventry and ACL, nothing to do with Northampton unless they're going for inducement to break a contract which is a bit of a tenuous link.

There's certainly something rayt dodgy going on though, looking at the Coventry forums it appears that ACL have offered to reduce the rent at the Ricoh down from £1m a year down to £150k a year, a much more manageable level, but it's been rejected. It looks like some form of cat-and-mouse game between ACL (who own the stadium) and SISU (who own/owned) Coventry, with both trying to get the other out of business to buy up the remnants. Not nice for fans!

I was at a loss to understand how Northampton can be in breach of a contract they are not party to and they become more distant if they are in contract with a new corporate entity and the old one is in liquidation. I guess there might have been some triangular clause put in by the liquidated Coventry company, but since they are now liquidated and no games occurred beforehand this seems superfluous as well.

Coventry - old liquidated Coventry I presume - have sold 210 season tickets.

They need to sort things out with the Ricoh Arena. Its main use is a football stadium in Coventry. Surely a deal can be done.

The owners of the Ricoh must be desperate

desperate enough to risk closing the club down,putting it right into the deep s**t,into liquidation. god save us from crooked so called business men.

The argument is that those that signed the agreement did not have the legal right to do so..that Otium Entertainment Group had not completed their takeover at the time

Well JH the football league okayed it and ACL are taking the matter to the FA, they are making a meal of it and the footy is being ignored, the only loser is the club the only winners will be the lawyers.

Archived