onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope League 1 top scorer

How anyone can describe Dodds as dog**** is beyond me!?

I agree with cheeky he put in a great shift against Cheltenham at home(a key win and probably a massive turning point in terms of us going up as Popey and the team were out of form before that!) and secondly which 2 players were on song when we did the double over Rotherham?(again 2 big wins when you add it all up!) Pope and Dodds!

He also won goal of the season did he not?

Yes he can be frustrating and go missing in some games but technique, finishing and passing wise he is probably one of our best players(throughout our stay in League Two imo).

Get back on topic, I'd be surprised if Pope did so well again but I ate humble pie last season and I'll be glad to eat it again! As I've said before with Popey last season was the single biggest transformation in one player I've seen in 20 years of watching and following the game of football and long may it continue for the lad!

Advert

Dodds is a gifted player but he does not have a permanent position which doesn't help him at all because there's always players ahead of him in the pecking order. I just see him as a player we can use to fill the gaps when there is injuries and if he plays well he keeps his place, he wouldn't get in my starting 11 at all.

Please cut out personal abuse, argue your points, but do not attack other users, as with the rules. We are not interested in Facebook antics. This is a warning. Action on all next.

I have not started this arguing, or trying to start any sort of arguments, ' Dynamo ' started it if you check on the other Forum, it is silly and pathetic to be fair.

I have not started this arguing, or trying to start any sort of arguments, ' Dynamo ' started it if you check on the other Forum, it is silly and pathetic to be fair.

It doesnt matter who started what... you dont have to participate... the posts have been removed [off topic] lets stay on topic

Maybe because he actually is! Not good enough to play in any position. Backup player at the very best. Really don't no what some people see in him. There's 1 idiot in the paddock who actually believes dodds is better than JMW! Unbelievable!

Maybe because he actually is! Not good enough to play in any position. Backup player at the very best. Really don't no what some people see in him. There's 1 idiot in the paddock who actually believes dodds is better than JMW! Unbelievable!

I think you'll find that a large number of vale fans have believed bigger loads of tosh than that in the last few years.

Lines delivers a great ball into the box so Popey should thrive off that, add to that balls from JMW/Tomlin/Jones/Yates/Mohammed/Dodds I think he has a good chance at getting top scorer! He has already scored 2 against championship this season. He also bagged in 2/3 games last season against 2 top half league 1 sides Walsall & Sheffield United.

Then in terms of the loft or Dodds argument you can't really compare the 2 they are both different types of player, loft is an engine and battler and Dodds is more cultured and a better finisher, I suppose it's down to who we are up against as to who gets selected, but it's a good problem to have and that's why Micky gets the managers wage to make them decisions.

Likewise Yates and Duffy, IMO Duffy is the better defender but Yates is better going forward and his delivery is better, again I suppose it depends who we are facing.

Why are Vale fans slagging off players that got us promotion before a League 1 ball has been kicked,have we forgotten the meaning of support ? I am fed up of moving seats because of people moaning ! Perhaps there should be a Kick out Moaning campaign.If you have nothing constructive to say,Say Nowt !

Tom has a good reputation now as a goal scorer given last seasons exploits. You can take that two ways.....firstly defenders will be wary of him and **** themselves or secondly they will see him as our main goal threat and pay him "extra" attention, if its the second option then that should help our other attacking players.

I'm sure Tom will have an excellent season.........Feed the Pope and he WILL score

Why are Vale fans slagging off players that got us promotion before a League 1 ball has been kicked,have we forgotten the meaning of support ? I am fed up of moving seats because of people moaning ! Perhaps there should be a Kick out Moaning campaign.If you have nothing constructive to say,Say Nowt !

I found it funny how people slated Clayton McDonald yet we were top of the league with him? nice logic vale fans. totally agree it's a joke

Tom has a good reputation now as a goal scorer given last seasons exploits. You can take that two ways.....firstly defenders will be wary of him and **** themselves or secondly they will see him as our main goal threat and pay him "extra" attention, if its the second option then that should help our other attacking players.

I'm sure Tom will have an excellent season.........Feed the Pope and he WILL score

if we give him the chances, he will score. He will however be better marked by the defenders of league 1

Archived