onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fundraising Thought

andy jones

Having read of Grebo's offer to donate £1,000 to the club it reminded me of 'why did I part with a similar amount to buy shares in the club'?

Like everyone else I expect but it wasnt to make any money, it was just a desire to 'own' a bit of my beloved club.

About twenty or thirty years ago an enterprising person bought a field in Stratford on Avon. Divided it up on a map into designated 'square yards' and advertised it in America as 'own a piece of Stratford on Avon' - it was brilliantly successful and I believe purchasers got a scroll designating which portion of the field was theres.

Could we do the same with Vale Park pitch? - I dont know how many square yards there are but if its sold at say £50 or £100 a square yard and each purchaser got a scroll etc showing where their square yard was it might just work.

Additionally should the pitch ever be dug up then the purchaser could have his square yard to take home.

Thoughts?

Advert

Just some more idea to go in the pot

I would pay £100 to have a name flashed on the score board for 5 seconds every home game.... that would equate to £100x12x60 [if all the spots were filled].... £72,000 per season.... its a start. [60 is allowing 30 minutes to flash up the 7 goals vale will score]

They could do tours around the ground, photos with players/staff, sponsoring the pitch [in 1ft squares], auction the penalty spots or center spot to keep after the season, buy the shirt off his back, sponsor a player collection/s, find someone to sponsor a player, pay for a training session, travel with the team,

Great idea, Dave, and one I much prefer to the names on seats personally. Vale Park is listed as being 114 x 77 yards so that's 8778 square yards. If you start measuring each square yard from the edge of the pitch though, you would slice through the middle of the penalty spot and the centre spot so it would make sense to add half a yard at each end and each side if you see what I mean. That would make it 115 x 78 = 8,970. At a tenner a go and extra for the pen spots and centre sport you would rake in £90,000 - pretty close to the sum Norman was looking for. You could charge more but that may not be attractive - most folk would cough up a tenner I think?

Could this be done on line - a diagram of the pitch divided into sections - you click on your square and buy it - bit like choosing a seat on a stadium plan?

Certainly worth investigating.

Have already tweeted this to Smurf but how about talking to Mr Taylor of darts fame and getting some form of tournament at VP. Sure it would work in this area given how many of the top darts players originate from around here!

You are spot on, I notice Adrian Lewis, andy Hamilton etc are doing something again at the Brittania this year.

We've got a nice big function room and I'm sure we could fill it I we had a tournament up the vale.

We would pack that room out at say £10 - £15 a ticket and have Taylor Lewis Hamilton Ian white and a few others playing.

It's all money coming into the club with beer and may throw some food in.

Certainly worth looking into.

Great idea, Dave, and one I much prefer to the names on seats personally. Vale Park is listed as being 114 x 77 yards so that's 8778 square yards. If you start measuring each square yard from the edge of the pitch though, you would slice through the middle of the penalty spot and the centre spot so it would make sense to add half a yard at each end and each side if you see what I mean. That would make it 115 x 78 = 8,970. At a tenner a go and extra for the pen spots and centre sport you would rake in £90,000 - pretty close to the sum Norman was looking for. You could charge more but that may not be attractive - most folk would cough up a tenner I think?

Could this be done on line - a diagram of the pitch divided into sections - you click on your square and buy it - bit like choosing a seat on a stadium plan?

Certainly worth investigating.

Also Jacko, the touch lines would be nicely in the centre of the outer squares, maybe fetch a higher price, as would the corners.

Years ago when the Cup Final was first broadcast on the radio, the Radio Times used to print a plan of the pitch divided into sections. As the commentator was speaking, a bloke in the background would be saying "1 ...... 3 .......4" etc so you could visualise where the ball was.

If we implemented Dave's plan at Vale, Radio Stoke could use this in their commentaries "Dave's bit .... Jean's bit ...... Rob's bit ...." !

Archived