onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fundraising Thought

andy jones

Years ago when the Cup Final was first broadcast on the radio, the Radio Times used to print a plan of the pitch divided into sections. As the commentator was speaking, a bloke in the background would be saying "1 ...... 3 .......4" etc so you could visualise where the ball was.

If we implemented Dave's plan at Vale, Radio Stoke could use this in their commentaries "Dave's bit .... Jean's bit ...... Rob's bit ...." !

That would be good unless, for instance, Jean bought more than one bit.:D

Advert

Great idea.......................But doesnt Smurf own the freehold and wouldnt that hinder him in the future if he wished to sell the club on having 200 odd sitting tennants I guess a legal bod could draw up a covenant to cover any such eventuality, if it was feasible I would certainly go for it

Great idea.......................But doesnt Smurf own the freehold and wouldnt that hinder him in the future if he wished to sell the club on having 200 odd sitting tennants I guess a legal bod could draw up a covenant to cover any such eventuality, if it was feasible I would certainly go for it
Is not the pitch to be replaced next year?

I think folk would treat it as a donation blackdog.Don't suppose we'd be buying the same bit every year.We could call it a pitch sponsor for one season?

Great idea but in addition to Jacko's logic it may be better to round it up to 100 x 70 yards so that fans ownership will remain even if the pitch dimensions are altered... Keep the centre/penalty spots etc as luck of the draw and so sell each square yard as just that a lucky draw.

Great idea but in addition to Jacko's logic it may be better to round it up to 100 x 70 yards so that fans ownership will remain even if the pitch dimensions are altered... Keep the centre/penalty spots etc as luck of the draw and so sell each square yard as just that a lucky draw.

In addition... 7,000 square yards my not be a realistic sales target unless very cheap, say £5... Divide the pitch into 1,000 equal numbered squares fix a higher price and run it like a lottery the attractions being the chance to own a patch of the pitch and the chance of it being the centre spot etc....

Since the main idea is to raise money, I think an auction of the prime squares would be best, IMO.

Disagree... Three prime squares? what would folk pay £1,000? The rest would then seem less attractive... Far better if you fix a price with the attraction of the chance to win one of the prime squares.

In addition... 7,000 square yards my not be a realistic sales target unless very cheap, say £5... Divide the pitch into 1,000 equal numbered squares fix a higher price and run it like a lottery the attractions being the chance to own a patch of the pitch and the chance of it being the centre spot etc....

I was coming from a similar angle..... £1/£2 per sq ft... £20 buys 10/20 tickets... spots go for auction... draw the numbers.

Archived