onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coventry away (at Northampton) moved.

ollyandpatch

A lot don't go, not through choice but through ridiculous away ticketing ballots geared towards corporate "friends of the club", stupid kick off times set by the TV companies (speak to Newcastle U home and awayers about travel options until Christmas) and many other factors. Some go because as a supporter of YOUR team you are not a consumer who can chop and change, you have no choice in the matter.

We are lucky to support a less successful club in English football. I'd hate to be punished financially just because my team progressed through the leagues. I do vote with my feet. I won't be going to Northampton so on that occasion I "won't be going". I don't have Sky TV anymore because I don't want to feed that cancer that is destroying football in this country. I am not a hypocrite when it comes to my Against Modern Football stance, although I do take your point about those who moan, yet jizz over the prospect of watching Super Sunday and pay £60 a month for the privilege.

Ooooooooo didums

Advert

Going through hell? How exactly did we go through hell compared to this? A meaningless 10 point deduction then a promotion season based on a lie? No wonder we don't get sympathy off other supporters.

I'm not watching a club called Coventry playing in Northampton. This isn't the next suburb away, it's a 90 mile round trip when there is a perfectly good stadium available in the clubs town. The new owners have little intention of keeping the current Coventry City in Coventry after the 3 year exodus. The only sensible route I can see is to start up a phoenix club. This is bad for football and I refuse to put cash in the pockets of an organisation who've moved a club with tens of thousands of fans away from their town.

So you don't agree Vale fans went through hell recently? You are living on a different planet mate.

Your choice is to not attend a game in the very faint hope that that will help the Home Football Club? Again you are on planet Zog if you believe that your stance will assist Coventry in any way.

I do respect your view that you don't want to watch Vale at Coventry/Northampton but I, along with others want to support my Team and will attend, wherever they play.

Compared to one's club relocating 30 odd miles away for 3 years and the uncertainty of what may happen after that, what we went through was not as bad IMO

Asto those going on about 'modern football'..there are plenty who would argue that it was better in t'old days when we were herded around liike sheep, stood on freezing rain soaked terraces, unplayable pitches, violence, dangerous crowd surges, "hard men" kicking quality players off the pitch, baggy shorts, nrick like leather footballs, cr@p facilities for fans and so on

In many ways we are in a golden age on and off the pitch and whilst some will suffer and fall by the way side, was always the way...it's nothing new

Ricoh owners have warned Northampton that Sky Blues would be in breach of contract if they do not use the Ricoh. Would the Cobblers be aiding and abetting? This will run for a while, but I am biassed, as Ricoh is my closest L1 ground and I was really looking forward to going there.

This is not about Vale, this is about football. The longer we feed these corrupt bàstards who are ruinning football the worse it will get. If Someone bought Vale and moved us to Wigan, while ignoring the perfectly good ground we have, would you just go along with it or fight and want other fans to help? Things need to be done in this country to stop football becoming something of the past.

And to Jean... Starving the owners seemed to work pretty well here didn't it?

You're totally missing the point there, Mellor.

That situation is not comparable to what I commented on. I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a Port Vale supporter visiting another ground to watch Port Vale, whether it be in the wrong city or not. The scenario you have suggested would mean that I'd be viewing it from a Port Vale-supporting viewpoint so obviously I wouldn't be likely to travel to Wigan to watch us play 'home' games, but I AM a Port Vale supporter, so you can't compare the two situations at all. It'd make sense if I supported Coventry City, or had some sort of connection to them, but I don't. If Vale were to move to Wigan, for example, then you'd seriously expect fellow football supporters to refuse to attend their game with Vale purely because we've been forced to play in a totally different city? It doesn't work like that. I totally understand and appreciate the Coventry fans for refusing to accept the move and boycott 'home' games, but I don't see why Vale fans should choose not to attend our game with them when their situation has no bearing on us as a club, or me or anyone else as a supporter.

You're totally missing the point there, Mellor.

That situation is not comparable to what I commented on. I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a Port Vale supporter visiting another ground to watch Port Vale, whether it be in the wrong city or not. The scenario you have suggested would mean that I'd be viewing it from a Port Vale-supporting viewpoint so obviously I wouldn't be likely to travel to Wigan to watch us play 'home' games, but I AM a Port Vale supporter, so you can't compare the two situations at all. It'd make sense if I supported Coventry City, or had some sort of connection to them, but I don't. If Vale were to move to Wigan, for example, then you'd seriously expect fellow football supporters to refuse to attend their game with Vale purely because we've been forced to play in a totally different city? It doesn't work like that. I totally understand and appreciate the Coventry fans for refusing to accept the move and boycott 'home' games, but I don't see why Vale fans should choose not to attend our game with them when their situation has no bearing on us as a club, or me or anyone else as a supporter.

Hypothetical at present, but if Cov supporters decide to boycott games at Sixfields and ask visiting supporters to do the same, then that raises the question of solidarity with fellow fans. There will be various views on that, but since we do not visit until next March, and I have not given up all hope yet of going to the Ricoh, I shall leave it at that.

I too was really looking forward to going the ricoh to cheer on the lads, its a sorry state of affairs having to go to a ***** ground in a ***** area, its my birthday weekend that weekend and I shall 100% not be travelling to crappy Northampton, not a chance in hell

I feel so sorry for Coventry fans right now, theyre in a right mess.

• 3 weeks later...

There was talk the other day of them building another stadium in Coventry!! Jeez they are in a mess. I'm just glad we haven't got them til later on the season, so maybe it can be sorted out. Like RWs40yarder I was looking forward to going Coventry, a new ground potentially a couple of thousand of us to cheer the lads on but I won't be going to Northampton!

If coventry play at Sixfieldsfor 3 years it means that the corporate entity who have succeeded in killing the goose that laid the golden eggs will have to get off their idle corporate harse and start filling the Ricoh with shows groups and bookings to compensate for the loss of revenue. How they expected the club to survive on ticket sales alone whilst the Ricoh raked in all the catering and parking fees and charged them an extortionate rent is beyond comprehension. Pure unadulerated greed,there are other adjectives which could be used but which wouldn't pass the naughty test.

Archived