onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page: Is he leaving? will he stay?

Mellor!

Advert

Chris Morgan still in the frame, captain fantastic in the eyes of the blade fans, would hope they go with him as would be popular. Sheff Utd are struggling for money two season of not getting promoted have hurt and now a third season means they will have to ditch some high earners.

Still cant blame Rob if he goes, he played for the club got a good record and is well liked at the Lane, lets keep fingers crossed Morgan gets the job.

I must admit that the prospect of losing Page does worry me. Last season it was often Rob barking out the instructions so he obviously is a major influence on the field of play.

The thought of just MA and Grewy certainly underwhelms me no end.

Even going back to the Rudge era we were always better and most successful when he had a good No2

Please don't go mate, you are becoming a bit of a legend at vale and sheff united aren't exactly loyal with their managers.

I could understand if it was another side, wanting your first managerial job, but please don't throw away the good work you have done at vale for a team like sheff united. Please.

Please don't go mate, you are becoming a bit of a legend at vale and sheff united aren't exactly loyal with their managers.

I could understand if it was another side, wanting your first managerial job, but please don't throw away the good work you have done at vale for a team like sheff united. Please.

Do you think that there's any chance that we could send MA instead of Page? :laugh:

The word "Legend" is so misused nowadays.

True. A legend is someone who delivers time and time and time again over a long period. Sproson, Rudge, Aspo, etc are legends. Popey is on the way to becoming one. Page is a cracking coach and I'd be sad to see him go, but legend? Come on.

The word "Legend" is so misused nowadays.

Page has played a big part in vale's promotion last season. just because he is 'behind the scenes' doesn't mean he should any less applause. To me, for what they achieved last season amongst all the admin problems, even the tea lady is a legend.

Page's worth is gone noticed by sheff united, a big side for league one. Says how much he is thought of, and shows even more how stupid vale would be to just let him go.

True. A legend is someone who delivers time and time and time again over a long period. Sproson, Rudge, Aspo, etc are legends. Popey is on the way to becoming one. Page is a cracking coach and I'd be sad to see him go, but legend? Come on.

Hmmm, just contradicted yourself there I think...popey is on the way to becoming a legend, but a legend is someone who delivers time and time again...so how many goals did popey, a striker, score in the 2011-12 season again? what about the 2010-11 season?

Page has played a big part in vale's promotion last season. just because he is 'behind the scenes' doesn't mean he should any less applause. To me, for what they achieved last season amongst all the admin problems, even the tea lady is a legend.

Page's worth is gone noticed by sheff united, a big side for league one. Says how much he is thought of, and shows even more how stupid vale would be to just let him go.

Firstly lets get one thing straight.... If Robert Page wants to go he will and there is nothing we could do to stop him. It would be a huge chance for him. Being his own man instead of a number 2 so whatever happens Vale are not "Stupid" to let him go at all. Its not Vales decision.

Everybody from the tea lady to the manager did a tremendous job last season. No doubt. They are not "Legends" though. Not yet. To try and even justify that you think Robert Page is a legend at the club or even a potential one, is daft.

And thats no disrespect to Robert who has been part of a great setup last season that got us promoted but im sure if you mentioned to Robert Page himself that hes a legend at Vale, he will think you have been on the funny fags.

Archived