onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Woolwich stabbing/machete attack

JOHNNYAITCH

Cos some of them claim to be doing it in the name of a group..in this case Muslims

Moat, Bird and Cregan made no such claims

Not that it's right to tarnish all Muslims because of this but neither is it right to compare this with the actions of the three you name in an atempt to prove some racist motive in the condemnation

what they claim is irrelevant. they've done it cos they're obviously mental.

if i hacked ryan shawcross to death and claimed it was in the name of port vale fans what would you think if ALL port vale fans were vilified

Advert

There were less than half the murders in Britain when I was a kid, compared with current levels.

And the answer was to move to the USA? Brilliant! However it's also lower than when I was born and I'm 35. So maybe this is the 'golden age'!

what they claim is irrelevant. they've done it cos they're obviously mental.

if i hacked ryan shawcross to death and claimed it was in the name of port vale fans what would you think if ALL port vale fans were vilified

What those killers claim is very relevant, the victim was a soldier, the act was carried out in the name of Allah and carried out as a protest at British troops in Afghanistan and other muslim countries, exactly the same reasoning as used by the Boston bombers.

To mention football players/supporters in the same breath as this atrocity is wrong and clearly indicates a lack of understanding of the issues involved.

And the answer was to move to the USA? Brilliant! However it's also lower than when I was born and I'm 35. So maybe this is the 'golden age'!

Your logic, sir, is perverted.

This is not about the USA but you fall into the inevitable trap of making what I can only describe as a juvenile comment, for a man of 35 years of age.

I moved to the USA because I married an American. I am fully aware of the problems here. There was a drive-by shooting in a busy upmarket shopping street only last night, just 5 miles from my home. But it wasn't a guy with a cleaver screaming "Allahu Akbar" with a motive that is one that is designed to terrorise the whole world.

Get a grip, man.

Your logic, sir, is perverted.

This is not about the USA but you fall into the inevitable trap of making what I can only describe as a juvenile comment, for a man of 35 years of age.

I moved to the USA because I married an American. I am fully aware of the problems here. There was a drive-by shooting in a busy upmarket shopping street only last night, just 5 miles from my home. But it wasn't a guy with a cleaver screaming "Allahu Akbar" with a motive that is one that is designed to terrorise the whole world.

Get a grip, man.

My logic was a joke. I honestly have no idea what point you were trying to make though. And I'm not even sure what you last point is trying to prove either?

Let me try and make it simple for you.

Originally, I was stating the fact that, in the last 50 years, the number of murders in Britain has doubled. That casts doubt on Birdy's view (albeit he's a tad younger than me) that things were just the same when we were young.

My last post was to correct your mistaken assertation that I had moved to the USA for some reason to do with the murder rate.

I hope we are clear now and we can get back to the main topic?

Let me try and make it simple for you.

Originally, I was stating the fact that, in the last 50 years, the number of murders in Britain has doubled. That casts doubt on Birdy's view (albeit he's a tad younger than me) that things were just the same when we were young.

My last post was to correct your mistaken assertation that I had moved to the USA for some reason to do with the murder rate.

I hope we are clear now and we can get back to the main topic?

Well,if that fact is correct and the murder rate has indeed doubled over the last 50 years,I would suggest that if Britain is not broken,it must at least be cracked.

Well,if that fact is correct and the murder rate has indeed doubled over the last 50 years,I would suggest that if Britain is not broken,it must at least be cracked.

I got the figures from here:

http://www.murderuk.com/misc_crime_stats.html

Not necessarily authenticated, I admit, but I have no reason to doubt them.

You will see, the rate has, in fact, gone down since the peak of 2001 but is still double that of the 1950s and 60s.

. That casts doubt on Birdy's view (albeit he's a tad younger than me) that things were just the same when we were young.

Last thirty years (when I was 12), population has increased by 8 million (approx 12%) in that time:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9411649/Graphic-how-the-murder-rate-has-fallen.html

Last fifty years, population has increased by 20 million (approx 33%) in that time:

http://www.murderuk.com/misc_crime_stats.html

Things were the same when we were young except many things got hidden. We have also become more advanced at solving and categorising murder. Old people always harp on about the good old days, it's a generational, nostalgic notion not an accurate assessment.

Old people always harp on about the good old days, it's a generational, nostalgic notion not an accurate assessment.

I don't mind being called old (I celebrated 64 years during my recent trip to the Potteries) but you can't say it's not an accurate assessment.

You weren't there....

:razz:

The article on Britain's Muslim students was featured on the BBC webpage a few years ago, I can't find the BBC article but below is a link reporting essentially the same information. It illustrates/challenges the often called "extremely small minority" isn't so extremely small.

Paragraph 3 is what I referred to above but is 60% not 70% "of Muslim university students active in Islamic organizations on campus support jihad, meaning that killing in the name of Islam can be justified".

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2008/July/13-of-UKs-Muslim-Students-Support-Jihad-/

The link posted #67 is a hit from a google search.

Don't bull**** me by giving links to extracts to the Jerusalem post - please give me something which at least has some background info as to who sourced the info, where it was from, how many were conversed with.

I take it you live in the US...

Don't bull**** me by giving links to extracts to the Jerusalem post - please give me something which at least has some background info as to who sourced the info, where it was from, how many were conversed with.

I take it you live in the US...

Do a keyword search on Google and you will see many hits referring to the same poll, the BBC website also reported the it. If you bother to read the article you will answer some of the questions you pose including the people/company who conducted the poll. It may not be possible to source the raw data you request as many scientific, medical and sociologic article/reports available on the internet are abstracts and a payment/membership is usually required to see the full paper and data.

Why don't you read the article and comment, it challenges the assertion of the "extremely small minority".

Archived