onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Woolwich stabbing/machete attack

JOHNNYAITCH

" just as the bible allows you to have slaves and stone and abuse women"

For argument let's assume that's correct..does anyone actually implement what the Bible says re the above?

Sharia law is practiced by many people and societies and there are many who would like to see it more widely implemented.

It is correct, and no I don't think it is actually implemented. Just as sharia isn't and has no chance of being implemented here either.

Advert

If you deny that Islamic scripture does not promote violence and segregation then you are in denial. It's no different than trying to say that Vale finished bottom of the league 2 this season despite it clearly saying different in black and white.

Forgetting all of the nice Muslims you know, as it's not relevant to the question, are you honestly saying that Islamic scriptures do not promote violence? Please answer!

As an aside, you are also defending a ideology with strongly contradicts you avatar by the way!

All religious scriptures justify violence (and what ever they interpret: slavery, killings, oppression, forced preachings etc) if that's what you read into. Just as the bible supposedly condemns gay folk, there are millions of religious people who accept that it is outdated and don't believe that being gay is wrong. As I said my kids go to a school where there are five Muslim governors, a gay deputy head, several gay teachers and staff from all walks of life. My wife works in a small office with two gay men and three Muslim women, get over it - they have.

You think it doesn't work well there is living proof all over the country that it does, it is you that is in denial.

An aside, the largest terrorist attack in Europe over the last few years has been a Christian attack, killing seventy seven people. Are we all condemning all Christians to go back to where they came from?

To be honest, I think all religion is outdated and has the potential for such atrocities. Sharia law is awful just as the bible allows you to have slaves and stone and abuse women. Thankfully we live in a secular society where rule of law trumps religion. One of the reasons why I appreciate where we live and can't stand people using this to bang on about broken Britain.

People bang on about 'Broken Britain' because it is.

When we've just granted asylum to a Kenyan mass murderer and one of our soldiers is beheaded on a London street in broad daylight,you are having a laugh if you think things are improving.

If you want to ignore the obvious,have a read of this and then wonder why I worry about our NHS and it will only get worse next year when we let the R&B's in.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/leo-mckinstry/401738/The-freeloaders-from-abroad-who-abuse-the-NHS

Glenn Greenwald, in The Guardian asks, "How can the killing of a soldier of a nation engaged in that war, horrific though it is, possibly be "terrorism"?"

He contends that a soldier cannot be a victim of terrorism. Is his brutal killing therefore then, by the same argument, an act of war?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-terrorism-blowback?CMP=twt_gu

People bang on about 'Broken Britain' because it is.

When we've just granted asylum to a Kenyan mass murderer and one of our soldiers is beheaded on a London street in broad daylight,you are having a laugh if you think things are improving.

If you want to ignore the obvious,have a read of this and then wonder why I worry about our NHS and it will only get worse next year when we let the R&B's in.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/leo-mckinstry/401738/The-freeloaders-from-abroad-who-abuse-the-NHS

Can you tell me when it got broken? And why life is so much worse now than then?

No country in the world fits the criteria for a country that isn't broken. You can only mention an island literally on the other side of the world (have you lived there for any space of time to gain this opinion?) that apparently meets some of them. We are privileged to live here, and count myself lucky.

Apologies for reply, im on a train.

I've read through the thread and its clear such a tragic and barbaric incident has brought so much emotion. With that emotion we desperately want to find an easy and straightforward answer to try and rationalise it. Unfortunately we can't just paint a black and white picture.

The atrocity yesterday can't mirror a typical murder with more straightforward motives. Apparently at the moment one of the accussed was brought up in a devout christian upbringing. Radicalisation happened later. This is the word that has been missing from many view points. Radicalisation. But we can bring in issues and topics such as immigration and the muslim religion in order to stop the unanswered questions.

One accussed was radicalised by an organisation that is banned and evolved into islam for uk. The rhetoric is frightening. This ideology helped to inspire even locally born in the city. Some came from good moral muslim families. Nothing like the sharia law interpretation that's been described on here - just as the same view should be taken to catholics as in child abuse cases, ira, or letting a mother die during childbirth because abortion is illegal. These could easily be attributed to the whole irish community and catholic church. Yet tommy robinson didn't organise any demo s at the local "sacred heart roman catholic church"

Ideology is complex. No one has asked any white English person to speak up against people fighting the Met police last night. Yet we ask the muslim community to speak out. By the way as in what communty they are communities which goes against our hopes that we can identify a group so that its easy to get one answer that solves suspicions.

Islamism as even the prime minister has to repeat is nothing to do with the religion. Now why does he say this? because as seen on this thread at times there is a lot of misconceptions.

Sorry for the long post but i cant just dip into it. Islamism has many foundations either in history or society today . But its not islam despite an armed intruder breaking into a mosque in se england or the "islam=evil" graffiti on a mosque and imams car today.

Im not asked about being white and british and to justify myself when there are according to the security minister james brokenshire that there are approx 17 prisoners inside for far right offences linked to terrorism including the largest arms cache ever in this country because sonebody wanted to start a race war or even the prisoner who was making his own home made poison with mass murder on a grand scale his plan.

Extremism that leads to violence. That is what we concentrate on. So we find out how people can believe a false ideology that leaves such carnage. Death penalty would deny us this. We need to find out more for us, society and especially in memory of the deceased soldier so we can avert anymore such atrocities.

I have a theory why we always look back to a golden generation that actually never existed and we think when we are in our 30's 40's and beyond we are living in a broken society.

When we were young we were too busy playing football, heavy petting, building tree houses, out on our BMX's down Stationers Walk, in no particular order. We didn't observe that a man had dropped a crisp packet, if there were louts out on a Saturday night or whether someone was murdered. It wasn't on our radar, we were young, possibly inconsiderate and lived in our own bubble. When you get older events annoy you more and you become more involved in community, observant and watch the news. You cannot remember any of that stuff from when you were young, so by default it was much better then. Utter cobblers, we had the same threat from burglars, rapists, murderers, kiddly fiddlers, drunks, crisp pack droppers, men masturbating in bushes and we still feared who ever it was that was new and different to the country be it Asians, Chinese, Afro Caribbeans and soon to be the 'R&B's. It hasn't moved on since the dark ages except then the threat came from dreaded witches.

Broken Britain is as comical as the comedian who uses it as his catchphrase.

All religious scriptures justify violence (and what ever they interpret: slavery, killings, oppression, forced preachings etc) if that's what you read into. Just as the bible supposedly condemns gay folk, there are millions of religious people who accept that it is outdated and don't believe that being gay is wrong. As I said my kids go to a school where there are five Muslim governors, a gay deputy head, several gay teachers and staff from all walks of life. My wife works in a small office with two gay men and three Muslim women, get over it - they have.

You think it doesn't work well there is living proof all over the country that it does, it is you that is in denial.

An aside, the largest terrorist attack in Europe over the last few years has been a Christian attack, killing seventy seven people. Are we all condemning all Christians to go back to where they came from?

Jainism doesn't :razz: But yeah, a lot of religions do justify violence and oppression but there are also far less Christians in this country who take the bible literally than Muslims who take their scriptures literally, which is why you get more intolerance from Islam - simple as that.

Extremism, in my definition, is not limited to gutting someone to death or blowing someone up. It is also misogyny, prejudice, oppression and segregation that too many Muslims adhere to.

I have nothing to 'get over' - again you seem to be assuming that I have a problem with these individual Muslims, or that I am denying that is is not possible for the me to integrate which I am not.

All I want is integration.

Birdy a young lad lost his life yesterday in the most cowardly sickening way what was his crime .murder ,rape ,terrorism ,no for being a British soldier in his own ****ing country .this needs stamping on now they are vile vermin .

Birdy a young lad lost his life yesterday in the most cowardly sickening way what was his crime .murder ,rape ,terrorism ,no for being a British soldier in his own ****ing country .this needs stamping on now they are vile vermin .

No where on this thread has anyone said it was anything other that sickening. There have been hundreds of murders; racist, homophobic, sexual, children and vengeful acts since the last solider was killed on home soil. One too many I agree, but as I have said let's look at this in proportion to all other acts of sickening murder.

Soul Intent, the Janests inflict pain on many as they believe all living creatures should die naturally without intervention, not to mention the millions of termites they sweep to their deaths every day :)

Tone, When you were a lad the were only a couple of million in the country so that doesn't count!

Archived