onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club Meeting & Fans Forum - Monday 20th May

Memphis

Only thing I am going say Caz is if an announcement comes the day after early bird season ticket sales stop, quite a few people will be pretty annoyed!

Why?

Why should Wildes leaving affect people supporting their club?

Even though he's gone, they've still had a good deal on their season ticket, and as far as I can see we'll still be playing in League 1 next season.

Chairmen come and go, no biggy!

Advert

Only thing I am going say Caz is if an announcement comes the day after early bird season ticket sales stop, quite a few people will be pretty annoyed!

Unfortunately GG,that could be the case.Hasn't Smurf said the cutoff date is for a particular reason?Let's hope things are ok and the club can still move forward. BTW can anyone tell me when the circus moved from Tunstall to Burslem?:rolleyes:

Why?

Why should Wildes leaving affect people supporting their club?

Even though he's gone, they've still had a good deal on their season ticket, and as far as I can see we'll still be playing in League 1 next season.

Chairmen come and go, no biggy!

Agreed Lee but I wonder how many people would have bought tickets knowing that the good work from PW and NS may stop? If one or both leaves surely people are going be gutted especially how they conducted themselves?

But if they announced it before it'd put some people off buying ST's..

Maybe Smurf will extend the deadline on Monday? We'll be orate with Smurf.

Unfortunately GG,that could be the case.Hasn't Smurf said the cutoff date is for a particular reason?Let's hope things are ok and the club can still move forward. BTW can anyone tell me when the circus moved from Tunstall to Burslem?:rolleyes:

Maybe there was a cut off to allow for a more decent budget for transfers etc.

Just a note on ST,I would think the cheap deal date will be put back now SMURF is in charge,how long till is another thing,SMURF seems to me a rate proper footie fan so am not to worried, just look back at our celebrations on promotion,he was in the middle of it all,.... Now weres me stalker .... Should be ear anytime soon :)

Just a note on ST,I would think the cheap deal date will be put back now SMURF is in charge,how long till is another thing,SMURF seems to me a rate proper footie fan so am not to worried, just look back at our celebrations on promotion,he was in the middle of it all,.... Now weres me stalker .... Should be ear anytime soon :)

I hope you're realising the messes you keep getting yourself into.:D

Its where and here by the way

But isn't that just commercial reality? I can't say if there is an announcement tomorrow but if, in theory the announcement is at 6am on Saturday then it is fairly obvious to me that it has been held back until after the Early Bird season ticket sales have ended.

But in a commercial, money-making venture surely that is only to be expected?

Would any football club announce - "Hold on folks, we're going to make an announcement early and then you can decide whether you want to buy your season ticket after you read it" or are they going to think - let us get the season ticket revenue in first and then we'll release the news.

And would it be that big an infuence on people buying a season ticket? I don't think people bought a season ticket on the proviso that there would be no boardroom changes (if indeed that is what it is). I would imagine people bought season tickets in the expectation of supporting the Vale, the club bringing in new, exciting players and watching a good season in League One.

Just so long as this news doesn't adversely affect the club's ability to bring in some new players and the club continues to make the essential on-pitch and off-pitch improvements to bring it out of the V2001 doldrums then I can't see what difference this would make to people buying season tickets.

We're no longer shareholders, the people who put in the big money to run the club are the ones who make the decisions now. You don't buy a season ticket to have a say in who runs/owns the club, just to get a seat to watch the action on the pitch. I know that's harsh but that's the way of the world for commercial football clubs nowadays.

Well so far I've spent £640 on season tickets and £110 on shirts since the season ended 3 weeks ago.

To come up with a 'new development' now takes the absolute ****.

So what? As long as the club arn't getting wound up then you'll still have a club to support next season won't you? The club is bigger than any one man.

The current supporters club are a bag of ****.

Think people should wait and see...

If however the rumours turn out be true AND the supporters club knowingly withheld information from their members that may have influenced their decision making then that's a whole different ball game.

Archived