onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lorne Street Stand

Give them a chance Tim, you can't do everything overnight, off the pitch there are big projects to do and if you rush things they don't get done properly, my only gripe so far was the interest charged on st's but other than that I'm happy to sit back for now and see what pans out..

I agree with giving them a chance but these plans has anything been set in stone? So far all I have seem is a big price increase and gone back on the word of interest free season tickets !

Advert

Paul Wildes confidently said it would be on his Radio Stoke phone in along with the relaid pitch and new shop. Not moaning just saying before anyone starts.

OK, thanks, I didn't realise he'd said that, but I still stand by my comment that I would prefer the team + general finances to be on a firm footing before money is spent on Lorne Street. Just a matter of priorities I guess?

I think regarding the new pitch the company involved said they couldn't fit us in at such short notice so it will be next season instead! As for the increase charges in st's and boxes, if you want a better club you have to pay for it like anything else in life I'm afraid!

Statements from a combined Chairman/CEO who had been in the job for years and conversant with the running of the club were expected to be genuine. However Newcomers to the running of a football club need some time, early outlines of obvious improvements don't always work out. I think a statement of Lorne St plans, now the logistics are clearer, ans when ST sales are known at the end of May would be welcome.

I think regarding the new pitch the company involved said they couldn't fit us in at such short notice so it will be next season instead! As for the increase charges in st's and boxes, if you want a better club you have to pay for it like anything else in life I'm afraid!

I had a mate who had not had a season ticket for years, he and his mrs were going to get 1 on the interest free option but when they worked it out with the interest they could not justify or afford it.

I had a mate who had not had a season ticket for years, he and his mrs were going to get 1 on the interest free option but when they worked it out with the interest they could not justify or afford it.

I think it was an extra £60 for me which I agree was too much, I think they've got that bit wrong IMO.

Sorry I think it was £89 more..

I do not remember the interest free quote, were they talking about the 13/14 season or the 14/15 season, the latter brings money in earlier, whereas the former defeats the object of Early Bird. Other ways of borrowing money have been discussed on here, surely if a ST was worthwhile you go for it.

Give them a chance Tim, you can't do everything overnight, off the pitch there are big projects to do and if you rush things they don't get done properly, my only gripe so far was the interest charged on st's but other than that I'm happy to sit back for now and see what pans out..

I think if you read my post again, especially the last sentence, you will see I am giving them time. Can't disagree on the size of the tasks in hand but i'm also not the person who made bullish claims of what was being done and timescales. What if the above plans above turn out like the ticketing promises? Lets not forget not only were STs to be offered interest free but also matchday pricing was to he looked at as Mr Wildes felt that they were too high and deterred casual support, the eventual solution to that problem was to put the orices up 10%!

I do not remember the interest free quote, were they talking about the 13/14 season or the 14/15 season, the latter brings money in earlier, whereas the former defeats the object of Early Bird. Other ways of borrowing money have been discussed on here, surely if a ST was worthwhile you go for it.

Agreed,the ways to pay for it have been well documented on here.While I think the instalment plan is slightly expensive it still represents an excellent saving on pay on the day.£5+ saving per game.

He did say upcoming STs would be available on an interest free scheme to get as many sold as possible. It is irrelevant to quote the pros and cons of such a scheme, which do make sense by the way, when the chairman has said they would be doing it. Like matchday prices, where no doubt someone will say "if we want a better team etc we have to pay for it" again probably true, but again the exact opposite of what has happened. I think the lsat two home gates swayed decisions in they thought they could milk that for all its worth. If we are strugglng I can't see many people paying £22 on the gate on a cold Tuesday night in January.

I think if you read my post again, especially the last sentence, you will see I am giving them time. Can't disagree on the size of the tasks in hand but i'm also not the person who made bullish claims of what was being done and timescales. What if the above plans above turn out like the ticketing promises? Lets not forget not only were STs to be offered interest free but also matchday pricing was to he looked at as Mr Wildes felt that they were too high and deterred casual support, the eventual solution to that problem was to put the orices up 10%!

I've also said that the interest option was too high and the potd increase was disappointing but a better club is always going to cost us more. As for everything else I'm happy for now to sit back and see what happens before I start criticising... And to be honest I'm more interested in seeing OMD on Tuesday:D

He did say upcoming STs would be available on an interest free scheme to get as many sold as possible. It is irrelevant to quote the pros and cons of such a scheme, which do make sense by the way, when the chairman has said they would be doing it. Like matchday prices, where no doubt someone will say "if we want a better team etc we have to pay for it" again probably true, but again the exact opposite of what has happened. I think the lsat two home gates swayed decisions in they thought they could milk that for all its worth. If we are strugglng I can't see many people paying £22 on the gate on a cold Tuesday night in January.

I wonder if the increase in matchday admission will give them the flexibility to have more special offers - two games for thirty quid type stuff?

I wonder if the increase in matchday admission will give them the flexibility to have more special offers - two games for thirty quid type stuff?
I think that is the case, and it means we can charge away fans full price especially the larger crowds with higher police costs.

Archived