onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lorne Street Stand

Agree with all of that, didn't the new owners claim it would be complete by next season though?
They did, but did not guarantee promotion this season. When taking over new businesses, unforeseen problems turn up and priorities have to change. Seems the Co-op are having similar problems. Moving the shop is the first step maybe bigger than first thought, when that is done and family ticket demand is known, plans for a family stand to open for the 14/15 season can be made if justified, and a proper marketing campaign run. The team is the priority, income from existing facilities, improved catering, training facilities etc. The list appears endless, but has to be tackled properly. Without the first step nothing goes anywhere.

Advert

They did, but did not guarantee promotion this season. When taking over new businesses, unforeseen problems turn up and priorities have to change. Seems the Co-op are having similar problems. Moving the shop is the first step maybe bigger than first thought, when that is done and family ticket demand is known, plans for a family stand to open for the 14/15 season can be made if justified, and a proper marketing campaign run. The team is the priority, income from existing facilities, improved catering, training facilities etc. The list appears endless, but has to be tackled properly. Without the first step nothing goes anywhere.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, surely promotion was expected or a distinct possibility when Mr Wildes made these comments? Being 12 points clear of fourth place at the time should have meant it wasnt an unplanned shock meaning priorities needed changing. Mr Wildes made these commitments having done his research it seemed, but now things seem different.

2000 seats at £30 each = £60000, prefer to look at a new player.

They already have the seats , mark simms offered to get them fitted for no cost to vale, but the scrotes turned down his offer.

If it is feasible, a stadium sponsor is a must. It will bring in much needed revenue. As much as I can see what wildes is doing and not to have a go, it can be a little embarrassing when you tell people it is going be finally done for the new season and then it still isn't. I have been made fun of and laughed at already. But I find it more funny than anything as I am sure these will get it done before long. Smurf said he didn't like the yellow seats probably meant tongue in cheek however.

I trust these guys will finish it. I just want see something good going on on the pitch :).

Surely we have to have a legacy for Mr William Bell ;) although those who didnt really appreciate that he was the man who started the real rise of Port Vale would think he deserves anything. Oh yes before I get lashed for saying it how it is no The Bell End would not be suffice :unsure:

The Lorn Street is Bill Bells and Considering he has passed, and his clock is there. The WT Bell Stand it should be.

2000 seats at £30 each = £60000, prefer to look at a new player.

It's not just the cost of the seats (and installing them) but there's the important aspect of creating entrances and a concourse (hopefully along the lines of Cardiff City's Family Stand). Before all that can happen the shop has to be moved.

I think it is just a bigger construction job than PW and NS realised.

It's not just the cost of the seats (and installing them) but there's the important aspect of creating entrances and a concourse (hopefully along the lines of Cardiff City's Family Stand). Before all that can happen the shop has to be moved.

I think it is just a bigger construction job than PW and NS realised.

I agree, I was only looking at the cosmetic aspect, better to see empty seats than a concrete area? Also some of the original seats in store could have been used to replace broken seats in other parts of the ground, so I do not know the exact quantity required.

Someone posted 'we need to be patient'

How long have we been waiting?

I think Tim raises a fair point - the new owners publicly stated - interest free STs, new pitch, Lorne Street family stand.

If that had been said by V2001 or MOLD and then retracted within a couple of months we would all have been up in arms.

No, I'm not having a go as I think they are a fantastic breath of fresh air I'm just saying (as I think Tim is) that unless they are 100% sure what they say can be completed then its best not to say it.

After seeing PW's quotes about the importance of getting youngsters hooked on the Vale early then I think its very important the Lorne Street family Stand is completed irrespective of whether or not there are empty seats elsewhere as the new Family Stand as PW has described it is much more than just sitting watching a football match.

I agree, I was only looking at the cosmetic aspect, better to see empty seats than a concrete area? Also some of the original seats in store could have been used to replace broken seats in other parts of the ground, so I do not know the exact quantity required.

I always thought that Fosse, it would be better put seats in and keep it closed or some form of advertising or something. They don't have let people sit there just put the seats in.

Someone posted 'we need to be patient'

How long have we been waiting?

I think Tim raises a fair point - the new owners publicly stated - interest free STs, new pitch, Lorne Street family stand.

If that had been said by V2001 or MOLD and then retracted within a couple of months we would all have been up in arms.

No, I'm not having a go as I think they are a fantastic breath of fresh air I'm just saying (as I think Tim is) that unless they are 100% sure what they say can be completed then its best not to say it.

After seeing PW's quotes about the importance of getting youngsters hooked on the Vale early then I think its very important the Lorne Street family Stand is completed irrespective of whether or not there are empty seats elsewhere as the new Family Stand as PW has described it is much more than just sitting watching a football match.

A new family stand is important, the facilities etc would attract people more willing to take kids than the current one. there is no reason why it can't be opened during the season, doesn't have to be the start. Clubs have moved stadium part way through a season before. But either way I think it will be good for PVFC as a whole to finaly see it completed and will send signals out that Vale are back in business. The Lorn Street stand is a symbol of a 13 year financial crisis that started with relegation in 2000.

Archived