onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lorne Street Stand

A new family stand is important, the facilities etc would attract people more willing to take kids than the current one. there is no reason why it can't be opened during the season, doesn't have to be the start. Clubs have moved stadium part way through a season before. But either way I think it will be good for PVFC as a whole to finaly see it completed and will send signals out that Vale are back in business. The Lorn Street stand is a symbol of a 13 year financial crisis that started with relegation in 2000.
Would think a December opening for the cold weather could pay dividends?

Advert

I think we'd find that PW and NS would agree that the family stand is a priority. But sometimes things take longer than anticipated, even with the best will in the world. I am personally very confident that the new owners "get it" when it comes to the importance of young fans. I am sure they are working hard to get the family stand up and running as soon as is practically possible.

I think once the new family stand in the lorne st. is opened up, the old family stand would only need a bit of a tart up, and be opened as an extension of the paddock or bycars, if we are doing well in div.1 we may need the extra seats.

Would think a December opening for the cold weather could pay dividends?

A few clubs have opened stadia after Christmas or around rather than for the opening at the first game of the season. So can't see why not. I know under 12s are free but think of the amount of half season tickets for adults wanting to accompany a child that may be sold around Christmas time. Could be heavily publicised on the build up for Christmas. Plus with a nice indoor concourse it will be good for the kids.

Someone posted 'we need to be patient'

How long have we been waiting?

I think Tim raises a fair point - the new owners publicly stated - interest free STs, new pitch, Lorne Street family stand.

If that had been said by V2001 or MOLD and then retracted within a couple of months we would all have been up in arms.

No, I'm not having a go as I think they are a fantastic breath of fresh air I'm just saying (as I think Tim is) that unless they are 100% sure what they say can be completed then its best not to say it.

After seeing PW's quotes about the importance of getting youngsters hooked on the Vale early then I think its very important the Lorne Street family Stand is completed irrespective of whether or not there are empty seats elsewhere as the new Family Stand as PW has described it is much more than just sitting watching a football match.

That is exactly what i'm thinking Dave. I think the new owners are doing a good job overall but the promises made that are now not happening raise a few concerns for me. Everyone was creaming their pants on here after PW's announcements on the RS phone in but now things have altered many are offering excuses why things aren't happening, if you raise concerns about it you get tagged as a moaner! We had 10 years of hot air promises, anyone can make them, actions and not words are needed now or, as Dave said, say nowt at all.

To encourage new families the family stand needs to move ASAP. Pw & ns have their heads screwed on and when they they are ready they will relocate the FS. Perhaps a large screen will replace the existing FS to raise more cash.

Actually that had crossed my mind with the old family stand. If we could have a TV screen its ideal in that corner, could be good for sponsors and advertisements. The location would attract sponsors as you always see the family stand on TV full view with goals etc. the lower part with the yellow seating could be cover with advertising boards of some kind.

What would raise more money for the club? the seats covered in advertising boards, which would look naff, or fans sitting in the seats.We came close to selling out home seats v Northampton in league 2, think what gates we could get v some teams in league 1.

Someone posted 'we need to be patient'

How long have we been waiting?

I think Tim raises a fair point - the new owners publicly stated - interest free STs, new pitch, Lorne Street family stand.

If that had been said by V2001 or MOLD and then retracted within a couple of months we would all have been up in arms.

No, I'm not having a go as I think they are a fantastic breath of fresh air I'm just saying (as I think Tim is) that unless they are 100% sure what they say can be completed then its best not to say it.

After seeing PW's quotes about the importance of getting youngsters hooked on the Vale early then I think its very important the Lorne Street family Stand is completed irrespective of whether or not there are empty seats elsewhere as the new Family Stand as PW has described it is much more than just sitting watching a football match.

Excellent Summary!!!

Im happy to be patient for now, these guys have only been here six months and took over a club in crisis, chill out!!

im well chilled Tosh ta, crisis or not if they say something is going to happen then it doesn't, with no real explanation as to why, then surely it can be commented on? People were quick enough to heap praise on the two when the verbal commitments were given so its only fair for people tohave a say when it doesn't. As for a club in crisis, I think they got lucky in buying a club who, on the pitch, were hardly in crisis. The honeymoon period is over and now the hard work begins. For the record I think the improvements will take place in time and i'm happy enough with that.

Give them a chance Tim, you can't do everything overnight, off the pitch there are big projects to do and if you rush things they don't get done properly, my only gripe so far was the interest charged on st's but other than that I'm happy to sit back for now and see what pans out..

Archived