onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10/1 - MA to Wolves

j_grainger10

Uncharted waters, not happened since Swindon when the money was different. But where are Pompey know? I would stick with the Vale, steady job, and the chance of a 5th promotion.

Exactly - Bradford, Portsmouth, Swindon all dropped from the Prem to League 2 and show no signs of recovery. Fairly big Championship/division 1 teams like Cambridge, Luton, Wrexham, Grimsby now in the conference showing no signs of escape.

Wolves are a big bloated team in freefall, leaking money from every orifice, with a big overpaid, disinterested squad, (rightly) impatient fans and a seemingly clueless owner.

I wouldn't touch that job on Football Manager, never mind leave a perfectly good managerial job to do it.

Advert

Exactly - Bradford, Portsmouth, Swindon all dropped from the Prem to League 2 and show no signs of recovery. Fairly big Championship/division 1 teams like Cambridge, Luton, Wrexham, Grimsby now in the conference showing no signs of escape.

Wolves are a big bloated team in freefall, leaking money from every orifice, with a big overpaid, disinterested squad, (rightly) impatient fans and a seemingly clueless owner.

I wouldn't touch that job on Football Manager, never mind leave a perfectly good managerial job to do it.

fair comment dv.

It also took us years to recover and still are after our relegation in 2000. It was costly.

Screw that I'd be there in a flash on football manager.

My neighbours lad is best mates with our reserve goalie and he jus told me that adams is on his way.

This was before i saw this thread.

Im not one for spreading bad rumours and hope it's not true.

My neighbours lad is best mates with our reserve goalie and he jus told me that adams is on his way.

This was before i saw this thread.

Im not one for spreading bad rumours and hope it's not true.

Brilliant.

Someone order a ****?

How will the budget be spent? Players with 4 year contracts, there may have been a clause about prem relegation, but surely not to L1? Player unrest? TV match income a 10th of the Championship? Moxey on £1M? Uncharted waters, not happened since Swindon when the money was different. But where are Pompey know? I would stick with the Vale, steady job, and the chance of a 5th promotion.

Are you seriously suggesting that Adams would turn Wolves down to stay with us?

Wolves have a Premier league setup, undertaking ground redevlopment, have an excellent academy, don't have financial problems, will have 20k home fans a game...

Wolves will receive 16million in a one off payment, most wage bills in League one total 3-4million so they will conceivably have a wage budget 4 times higher than everyone elses - they should hose the league.

Their current wage bill is £25 million and that was the 2nd highest in The Championship, what do we have? £2million?

Who has a better chance of promotion and subsequent success? Wolves or Vale?

Are you seriously suggesting that Adams would turn Wolves down to stay with us?

Wolves have a Premier league setup, undertaking ground redevlopment, have an excellent academy, don't have financial problems, will have 20k home fans a game...

Wolves will receive 16million in a one off payment, most wage bills in League one total 3-4million so they will conceivably have a wage budget 4 times higher than everyone elses - they should hose the league.

Their current wage bill is £25 million and that was the 2nd highest in The Championship, what do we have? £2million?

Who has a better chance of promotion and subsequent success? Wolves or Vale?

With the 2nd biggest budget why did they not finish 2nd? So after the handout they have £9M in wages to find. 25 games at £20 av, with 20K gates gives £10M, would cover that. I wonder how Yeovil`s budget compared to the Blades this season? Motivation and teamwork wins promotion, not fancy budgets on their own. Vale for promotion would be fantastic, but I am sure others will give Wolves a good run, after all it will be their biggest game of the season. I remember Villa in the 3rd Div with 37k gates, but it took 2 seasons to get promoted, Vale Park was their first away defeat, the next season 4-4. Teams raise their game against the big time charlies, remember Leeds at the Vale? Don't put too much on suspended developments at Wolves, the John Ireland stand dropped them into the 4th Div.

Archived