onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Jones

j_grainger10

''If Loft starts for us next season, I give up.

He's been woeful for the past 6 games. He just isn't good enough to start for us if we want to challenge, imo.''

??!! I've heard it all now! You must have been hallucinating then!

Advert

He's been woeful for the past 6 games. He just isn't good enough to start for us if we want to challenge, imo.''

Not at all, I fully agree with him that although his work rate is high he has offered very little, needs to up his game next season.

Not at all, I fully agree with him that although his work rate is high he has offered very little, needs to up his game next season.

How can he be described as woeful in the last 6 games!?

I've played football at a decent enough level and I'd prefer to have him on our side than against us. When we've been struggling Loft has usually been at the forefront of dragging us back into games.

If Loft starts for us next season, I give up.

He's been woeful for the past 6 games. He just isn't good enough to start for us if we want to challenge, imo.

...I fully agree with him that although his work rate is high he has offered very little, needs to up his game next season.

Fully agree. In the centre he's far from the midfield general that we need to get hold of games as his control and first touch are just not good enough (as shown by the frequency that he gave the ball away and lost possession towards the end of the season) plus he doesn't score or create much. However, he looks much better out on left-midfield or at left-back, so is definitely worth keeping as a squad option rather than being an automatic regular starter.

Fully agree. In the centre he's far from the midfield general that we need to get hold of games as his control and first touch are just not good enough plus he doesn't score or create much. However, he looks much better out on left-midfield or at left-back, so is definitely worth keeping as a squad option rather than being an automatic regular starter.

He's certainly a better replacement left back than Rob Taylor.

Don't forget he's playing in a side which usually operates with two wingers. He doesn't have license to get forward or influence as much he'd probably like because we'd get completely over-run if he did.

To say that he's been woeful is a pretty poor post to be honest!

It's amazing how some people view players!

How the hell can you knock Captain Marvel? He will play anywhere for the Vale. Admittedly he does not shine as much when in central midfield but anywhere else and he gets stuck in with his infectious enthusiasm. He makes opponents know he is there and covers fantastically when others around him leave gaps. If he had (and I've repeated this time after time) a midfield general alongside him you would see the very best out of him. A MUST in my eyes to retain and be part of our continuing success.

I'm no Griffith fan, though he does do the job he's asked to, but I think it's inevitable that he'll be offered something by Micky over the summer. In fairness we do lack genuine ball winners.

But Colin, isnt Griff contracted to Orient still? I dont think Micky can offer him anything. I dont think we should waste transfer funds on him.

Don't forget he's playing in a side which usually operates with two wingers. He doesn't have license to get forward or influence as much he'd probably like because we'd get completely over-run if he did.

To say that he's been woeful is a pretty poor post to be honest!

Why is that a poor post? The game at Rochdale and the game against Northampton both loft and Dodds may as well not been there they did nothing at all, not saying that they have been like that all season but the last few games I can't honestly remember noticing either of them

To be perfectly honest I'm struggling to think of anyone who has really shone in either of those games as they were both nervous battles!

I have issues with him being called woeful, that's why I believe it's a poor post. Ronaldo was disappointing last night but I wouldn't describe him as woeful!

Archived