onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

no consilidation time to push on

Dunna worry yer sen--it's all REAL--and boy, aren't we thankful that Keith Ryder didn't take us on?!! All fans I'm sure will be thanking Paul & Norman for their vitality, enthusiasm, and above all, their business nous-thanks chaps,please, please keep up the good work--we're all behind you.

You're dead right about Ryder. In fact, short of a lifelong Vale fan with a billion burning a hole in his/her pocket taking over the club, we couldn't possibly have come up with better owners than these blokes. It must be football karma - after all we've been through we're overdue some good times.

Advert

Let's not forget the players that have got us to league 1 and the team spirit we have. Yes, we will need a few more players to compete at the top of league 1, but a lot of our players are good in my eyes. Hughes, Pope, Jones, JMW, Neal, Duffy, Yates, Loft, Dodds, Griff are all capable in a league above.

I have the feeling that we wont be 40/1 again

I dunno, there's bound to be some big teams in league 1, and we as fans are still unsure as to the extent of what Paul is saying.

He has been 100% true to his word so far about backing Micky, and acknowleding that we are prepared for the wage bill to spike is a positive (as long as we do it sustainably, I wouldn't want us as a club to spend money irresponsibly)

So unless we go mad and sign some BIG players early on in the transfer window I think we'll be 33s or higher again to be honest.

40/1 last summer was lazy by the bookmakers, it was an unbelievable price for the squad that we had despite our reservations about where the goals were coming from, and that is why so many people have made so much money on it.

I dunno, there's bound to be some big teams in league 1, and we as fans are still unsure as to the extent of what Paul is saying.

He has been 100% true to his word so far about backing Micky, and acknowleding that we are prepared for the wage bill to spike is a positive (as long as we do it sustainably, I wouldn't want us as a club to spend money irresponsibly)

So unless we go mad and sign some BIG players early on in the transfer window I think we'll be 33s or higher again to be honest.

40/1 last summer was lazy by the bookmakers, it was an unbelievable price for the squad that we had despite our reservations about where the goals were coming from, and that is why so many people have made so much money on it.

Bookies can afford to be lazy,on their yachts in the South of France.If you backed Vale at 40/1 that would have been to win the League.We didn't.Congrats to those who backed them to get promotion.

Surely an ambitious club can sign better players and sell more season tickets? 2 or 3 Championship players would work a treat, but I think I am getting carried away. Repeat of the 89 season, slugging it out with Blunts and Wolves? PO against Preston, Final against Bristol, City instead of Rovers though?

Archived