onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thanks

Hagrid

Advert

Agree with Alan 100%. Bede was the real force of nature behind the protest movement.

Thanks to everyone who kicked this off and then carried the campaigning on.

Personally, Bede's passionate yet reasoned posts were so convincing that they persuaded this previous board apologist to reverse his opinions on the board, so I'd agree with Jacko.

I just hope none of you have to go through it all again.

The people mentioned, along with others, effectively saved our club.

Under Bill Bratt we were going one way... Out of the league. I truly believe that if he was still in charge we may now be facing relegation.

He and others were a cancer at our club.

The brave stood up to be counted. It was a gamble yet a calculated one to get rid of the board. Slowly we were dying, the supporters took a gamble to speed that process up in the hope we could come back to life and boy have we!

It was a horrible time. The first home game against Crawley last season was my lowest point as a vale fan. Supporters fighting with each other. It was truly shocking.

I protested. I starved the club. I fought for what i thought was right.

I have no problems with anyone who thought otherwise. Ultimately we all wanted the best.

Im under no doubt whatsoever that had supporters not acted, we would not have had a day like Saturday.

Thankyou to those who were brave and fought for our club.

Christ Alan, you got nowt better to do?!

I have every email exchange from the B&G campaign, it's inception and probably more too. Maybe it'll prove to be a great read in years to come. For now though, let's enjoy the ride. The campaign from start to finish was so fluid and, looking back, it was brilliant how each faction carried the baton forward from differing points. I'm really proud of what we achieved as a collective but let's make no mistake; we got incredibly lucky with the end result.

Never in my life have I felt as lucky as I do with how this has panned out. It could have been so different.

Saying that though, what choice did we have? We would have probably gone out of existance.

Let's just hope that justice prevails. But that's no longer Port Vale's problem.

Thank you to all of you that believed in me and joined my gang of troublemakers. It was a priviledge that you took me seriously and put your heads on the line. Dychey and Mellor need a special mention alongside so many others for holding my hand. We all showed balls in adversity but once momentum was gained the fight was carried forward by so many good, honest, intelligent people. I'm humbled by that.

I dunno what I'm gonna do with my one remaining stun grenade though.

I have no idea what you are on about. But with out the help of SOT city council and Mohammed Pervez then this club might not exist.

You say with out the help of SOT city council and Mohammed Pervez then this club might not exist ,without the Protest movements this club most DEFINITELY would NOT exist

All the people involved in the movement for change, I hope, know how grateful I am to them. If not, I sincerely thank you for starting something that culimilated in one of the best days of my life on Saturday.

To be fair, you and your clan have been some of the most vociferous supporters of change right from the very early days of the movement, your lot could always be seen stood outside the main entrance in the cold when not very many other people did.

Respect to Nick as well for being prepared to go on the interim board on behalf of the SC, even if it didn't have to happen in the end.

Agree with Alan 100%. Bede was the real force of nature behind the protest movement.

During the protest movement I'm sure an earlier post from Bede was reposted. In it he laid down at some length his opinion/recollection of Valiant 2001 from the beginning in a time line as he remembered it. It was a brilliant post and I would love to read that agian - anyone any idea how to find it? help appreciated.

Older posts go into the Archive so you can't find them by searching the regular forum - the Archive automatically puts older posts in it and therefore saves space on the regular forum server (and makes it run faster). I will try and find it in the Archive later today.

There is a text link to the Archive at the bottom RH corner of this page.

to me the last few years was almost life changing(ALMOST) life had been tough for a few years for varying reasons and my last escape the vale seemed to be going down the pan, thanks to bratt and his merry men, it was heartbreaking to see,

i could have just walked away but after reading some of bede's inspirational posts and those of others something clicked vale were part of my make up, in my blood, it was a call to arms, the fight was just

i became one of the many foot soldiers we even tried to buy the club with monoperry in the guise of the burslem popular front(what a ****er)

administration was a bitter pill to swallow but it was a lesser evil than keeping v2001 and mold in place

we sang "we want our club back" i think we can truely say now "we have our club back"

and i thank all those who worked so hard listed above and the many supporters who stood up in whatever way they could

UP THE VALE!!!!!!!

Archived