onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Promotion.

thevalewarrior

Right, if we win against Rochdale, what other results, if any, determine whether or not we will go up. E.g. Rotherham lose, burton draw, Cheltenham lose etc etc etc. Or would it be official against Northampton?

I can't go the Rochdale game, and is old be gutted if I missed out on promotion. Please can someone help me, I am terrible at maths, and I need someone to help me work out when we will be officially promoted, and results to go our way.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Cheers guys..

Advert

If we win against Rochdale, at least two of the following have to happen to seal automatic promotion on Saturday:

Burton fail to win at home to Plymouth

Rotherham fail to win at home to Fleetwood

Northampton lose at home to York.

A draw for Northampton along with one of either Burton or Rotherham dropping points would mean that we're as good as up if not mathematically.

This hasn't been posted anywhere else, so it's a great question!

I think that we just need Biddulph Vics and Newcastle Town to achieve a 12 all score draw and we'll be almost there.....

:-) good one! :L I knew the deal if we won last night, but with all them teams around us winning, and us only drawing, it has confused me a tad! :)

If we win against Rochdale, at least two of the following have to happen to seal automatic promotion on Saturday:

Burton fail to win at home to Plymouth

Rotherham fail to win at home to Fleetwood

Northampton lose at home to York.

A draw for Northampton along with one of either Burton or Rotherham dropping points would mean that we're as good as up if not mathematically.

thank you!! I hope we draw!! I love the vale, and would feel quite sick if I missed a promotion!!

To add to the confusion-

We currently have 75points.

Burton have 70 and can make maximum 79. They play Plymouth(H), Bradford(A), Gillingham(H).

Northampton have 68 and can make maximum 80. They play York(H), Wycombe(A), Vale(A), Barnet(H).

Cheltenham have 68. They can make maximum 77. They play Gillingham(H), Exeter(A), Bradford(H).

Rotherham have 67. they can make maximum 79. They play Fleetwood(H), Bradford(A), Plymouth(A), Aldershot(H).

Bradford have 64. They can make maximum 76. They play Chesterfield(A), Rotherham(H), Burton(H), Cheltenham(A).

Confused???

Bradford are the main catalyst here, as they play 3 of their last 4 games against top teams going for promotion. Are Bradford capable of winning all their games, particularly after a gruelling season for them?

Northampton clearly are the main worry, especially as they visit Vale Park and on paper they have the "easiest" run in, if there is ever such a thing!

Think our nerves and calculators will be working overtime for a while yet. Each game will carry lots of ups and downs and as seasoned Vale fans know only too well it ain't over until that final whistle blows against Wycombe.

Getting my prescription for pills updated so my old ticker can last this fantastic season out.

Bubbly on ice................

If there was one team I'd want playing 3 of our rivals it would be Bradford.

Fantastic form, big club and they are obviously hungry for success.

There's no way Bradford will lose all 3 games. There is more chance of them winning all 3 in my opinion.

I think we'll win and gurantee promotion on saturday.

I was hoping it would be Saturday but it looks a tall order to be confirmed even IF we do win! I can't see Burton and Northampton not winning

I suppose if anything last night we ruled Exeter out of it as far as we're concerned(with their run of fun they have thrown it big style), we basically need a point to rule Bradford out of catching us(goal difference being worth a point) and a win(or 2 points) would mean Cheltenham can't catch us. That leaves Burton, Northampton and Rotherham.

I agree with onestep above, Northampton on paper(fixtures wise) would appear the biggest worry, although just watch fatty's team hit form at the right time, Burton's home record too gives them a chance even with Gills and Bradford to play.

Bradford are going to be a big player here, even if they can't catch us necessarily, as could Gills to an extent.

Still we can only worry about ourselves whilst the 90 minutes is going on! Win our own games and things will take care of themselves!:yes:

Jeez it's squeeky bum time!

Agree cant see Northampton Burton or Rotherham losing Saturday

Rotherham are my biggest fear with Fatty Evans -didnt expect them to roll Exeter over so easily -they seem to be on a bit of a run and if they dont go up automatically must be favorites for playoffs

Exeter are awful and had a lot of players missing last night...

Reading that the plus side for us is nearly all the games our rivals play are against sides with something to play for, be it top or bottom end and as we saw last night it doesnt mean its a given that Cobblers have York for instance.

We have two sides already safe but no hope of promotion/play offs.

I think we will be promoted Tuesday night, felt it all along which in one respect will be a bit rubbish as we aren't playing at the time.

To add to the confusion-

We currently have 75points.

Burton have 70 and can make maximum 79. They play Plymouth(H), Bradford(A), Gillingham(H).

Northampton have 68 and can make maximum 80. They play York(H), Wycombe(A), Vale(A), Barnet(H).

Cheltenham have 68. They can make maximum 77. They play Gillingham(H), Exeter(A), Bradford(H).

Rotherham have 67. they can make maximum 79. They play Fleetwood(H), Bradford(A), Plymouth(A), Aldershot(H).

Bradford have 64. They can make maximum 76. They play Chesterfield(A), Rotherham(H), Burton(H), Cheltenham(A).

Confused???

Bradford are the main catalyst here, as they play 3 of their last 4 games against top teams going for promotion. Are Bradford capable of winning all their games, particularly after a gruelling season for them?

Northampton clearly are the main worry, especially as they visit Vale Park and on paper they have the "easiest" run in, if there is ever such a thing!

Think our nerves and calculators will be working overtime for a while yet. Each game will carry lots of ups and downs and as seasoned Vale fans know only too well it ain't over until that final whistle blows against Wycombe.

Getting my prescription for pills updated so my old ticker can last this fantastic season out.

Bubbly on ice................

Good summary. 4pts will be enough providing we take something off Northampton (H) as I cannot see Rotherham winning all their remaining games.

Archived