onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Calvin Andrew statistics

gavcradd

I thought Andrews had a good game Monday. He wanted to score and would pass it to pope when needed. Williamson cost us a possible goal when he ran in the box with the ball simple lay off for pope and he decided to take it himself. We can pick at any player but I do not see how it helps

I thought his name was Andrewt?:shifty:

Advert

Have I labelled YOU a Boo Boy? ..........No.........:doh:

Have I said YOU or any other fan is not entitled to discuss a players ability (or lack of) on this fans' forum?......No .....:doh:

There is a point being made about the myopic thinking of a certain section of our bigoted fans who deem booing a 'certain' type of player on matchdays as acceptable behaviour. You missed the point Beechy. That says more about you than any further comment that I can make.

Stupid is as stupid does.

:razz:

The Riddler,

You see your last paragraph is a contradiction. On the one hand you recognise we might get our first promotion in nearly two decades, which presumably is a recognition of the coaching staff. Then you cast doubt on the same staff and their ability to make the correct decisions. Sorry but I don't get it.

No, it isn't. Us being in with a chance of promotion does not excuse everything. It does not mean Adams doesn't make mistakes. It does not mean he hasn't made a complete mess of things since having some resources to play with, and it does not mean he definitely won't make further decisions that will conspire to **** this up with 5 games remaining. Adams has undoubtedly done some good things that have contributed to our position. But he's also got weaknesses that have been all too apparent in the last few months. Contradiction? No, just a reasoned view of things, rather than spouting 'in Micky we trust' or some other such bull****. Believe me, when we were 12 points clear and with a game in hand, I was as confident as anyone. Even though we're somewhat back on track after the last 3 games, they've hardly been convincing.

Didn't know you were looking at an angle of ethnicity, mattyboolay, that was lost on me. Joe Anyon and Tommy Fraser were two of the bigger targets for the fans' vitriol in recent times, after all. Andrew gets stick because he's awful, and the fans are extremely frustrated by his selection. Jennison because while we know what he's capable of, he's so frustratingly inconsistent and sometimes plays with no heart. Constantine was perceived as being lazy - which again, frustrates people. The booing, abuse, etcetera is their reaction to this frustration, nothing more sinister. Sodje of course, was the very opposite, he worked extremely hard and everyone loved him. Ethnicity is not a factor, except for a very small minority, thankfully.

The Riddler,

Just one further comment from me. I hope you accept that no manager is perfect, including Sir Alex. Of course Adams has made mistakes, he admits that. Look at it from this angle though. Micky Adams is with the players most days of the week. He sees them train, identifies their strengths and weaknesses, knows how fit, or not, they are, sees their qualities at times of stress, know if they follow his instructions on match days, etc, etc.

You see just the game and judge the player on that. On top of that Adams has spent nearly forty years as a player and manager, at all levels of the game.

Whereas you are perfectly entitled to express your view, don't you think the odds are with Adams when it comes to who is likely to be right.

Yeah, and if Dean Glover was the manager you'd be saying the same. And if Lee Sinnott was the manager, you'd be saying the same. And if Carlton Palmer was the manager... you get the point.

All would pick distinctly different lineups, but let's just always assume they're right and never complain. Let's assume Calvin Andrew is the right choice. Nevermind that we've lost nearly every game he's started, he can't score goals and doesn't have any apparent footballing ability, Adams is probably right. Let's assume he's more likely to be right than us, and not complain if we lose. Are you from the LMA, doing undercover duty on club forums?

First thing he did Saturday? Clear a corner.

This sort of thread is counterproductive at be moment

Couldn't agree more--it's a TEAM game--anyone can be criticised and some stats could no doubt be used to support the criticism of most individuals. However at this crucial stage of the season, I think it much more constructive to get behind the WHOLE TEAM and leave the coaching staff to make team selection decisions whether we like them or not.

Now is the time for getting over the finishing line, not holding inquisitions, Adams decisions baffle me sometimes but he is the manager we are 2nd and other teams must have the same selection queries. Now is the time for FULL AND UNRESERVED support for whoever pulls on the shirt for the remaining games not negativity

I think everyone should read this and draw a line under this strange Andrew obsession, regardless of opinion...hardly the time or place

Yeah, and if Dean Glover was the manager you'd be saying the same. And if Lee Sinnott was the manager, you'd be saying the same. And if Carlton Palmer was the manager... you get the point.

All would pick distinctly different lineups, but let's just always assume they're right and never complain. Let's assume Calvin Andrew is the right choice. Nevermind that we've lost nearly every game he's started, he can't score goals and doesn't have any apparent footballing ability, Adams is probably right. Let's assume he's more likely to be right than us, and not complain if we lose. Are you from the LMA, doing undercover duty on club forums?

Get off his back he did well yesterday, when he came on Friday his first contribution was to clear a dangerous ball from a corner away to ease the pressure off us.

Christ he wears a Vale shirt clap him encourage him on he is hardly going to get better when his own fans get on his back.

Its what he contributes to the Team that counts if he's not going to get a run of games to hone his match day prowess he's always going to struggle a bit. Some players are suited to being subs and others aren't. He tries his best and thats all you ask. He may look better in training games as he's getting a full game. There were another 10 players on the pitch when we lost-... you missed that off your stats. Hes a Vale player and he should be applauded for that.Grr

Archived