onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Calvin Andrew statistics

gavcradd

Advert

Dagenham away he protected a lead, yes?

No - he started at Dagenham rather than being brought on as a sub to protect the lead and anyway, we conceded a late goal (84th minute) to make it nervous.

Get off the lads back - how often has he been p[icked as a striker rather than left midfield?

...and that's the crux of this thread really, what does Micky see in him as a midfielder/wide player? What have Sam Morsey, Chris Shuker, Chris Birchall, Louis Dodds or Rob Taylor done wrong? When he signed, I assumed that he would be a back up "big man" up front in case Pope got injured.

This subject obviously divides people, but I don't see why it should. I'll support the team 100%, whether Andrew is playing or not. However, that shouldn't stop me from saying, when there is no game on, that I think there are better choices both up front and in midfield. Taking it to extremes, if Micky decided to play Chris Shuker in goal, would we all just "support the team"?

Calvin Andrews fits in with the way Micky Adams is setting up to play. Solid midfield, get the ball wide for crosses, get the ball in to target men and hold it up. It isn't pretty, but he is finding a way out of the hole we got in during Feb when a more creative approach lost us a pile of games. He is especially suited to Darren Purse passes after they reenter the atmosphere if they don't burn up.

No - he started at Dagenham rather than being brought on as a sub to protect the lead and anyway, we conceded a late goal (84th minute) to make it nervous.

...and that's the crux of this thread really, what does Micky see in him as a midfielder/wide player? What have Sam Morsey, Chris Shuker, Chris Birchall, Louis Dodds or Rob Taylor done wrong? When he signed, I assumed that he would be a back up "big man" up front in case Pope got injured.

This subject obviously divides people, but I don't see why it should. I'll support the team 100%, whether Andrew is playing or not. However, that shouldn't stop me from saying, when there is no game on, that I think there are better choices both up front and in midfield. Taking it to extremes, if Micky decided to play Chris Shuker in goal, would we all just "support the team"?

Chris Shuker did come on in goal at Cheltenham away.

Funny how most of the boo boys seem to pick 'certain' players to have a go at.

Some idiots had a go at JMW. Some are now picking on Andrews. In the past such players as Constantine.

Connection????????????

Why are people no allowed to say, in their opinion, that a player is crap without being labelled a boo boy? This site is ridiculous these days. I don't think you'll find one Vale fan that doesn't want Andrews to do well, score some goals and generally contribute a bit more than maybe winning a few headers.

Booing, shouting abuse at him at games and cheering his substitution is not on. Criticising him, or aspects of his play, on a messaging board should be absolutely fine without being labelled this or that.

It's funny how these people that boo and slag players off online, do not mention games such as Dagenham away and Bristol Rovers away. What's up, don't they go?

He had a decent game at Dagenham, and when brought on at Bristol was far better than pope, williamson or hughes.

The only thing that Andrew brings to the party is strength, yet Micky says we weren't strong enough against Chesterfield. The fact that he is good at defending set pieces makes him more suitable for Pulis. Surely after the Cheltenham game, Pope & Williamson deserved a chance to play together.

Why are people no allowed to say, in their opinion, that a player is crap without being labelled a boo boy? This site is ridiculous these days. I don't think you'll find one Vale fan that doesn't want Andrews to do well, score some goals and generally contribute a bit more than maybe winning a few headers.

Booing, shouting abuse at him at games and cheering his substitution is not on. Criticising him, or aspects of his play, on a messaging board should be absolutely fine without being labelled this or that.

Spot on, Beechy. The vast majority would never do any of those things at a game. Yet it seems to be suggested that those of us that are willing to discuss the more negative aspects of the team must be yelling abuse at the manager and players constantly.

I'm excited as hell about where we are, a possible first promotion in nearly 20 years, and looking forward to the Burton game so much. But I'm also extremely concerned about certain things, certain decisions that could see us in L2 next season..

The Riddler,

You see your last paragraph is a contradiction. On the one hand you recognise we might get our first promotion in nearly two decades, which presumably is a recognition of the coaching staff. Then you cast doubt on the same staff and their ability to make the correct decisions. Sorry but I don't get it.

He's not much of a goalscorer - 16 goals in over 200 appearances - and his all round play isn't much either. Adams obviously sees something in him no one else does.

Tom Pope didn't have a much better record prior to this season.

I thought Andrews had a good game Monday. He wanted to score and would pass it to pope when needed. Williamson cost us a possible goal when he ran in the box with the ball simple lay off for pope and he decided to take it himself. We can pick at any player but I do not see how it helps

Have I labelled YOU a Boo Boy? ..........No.........:doh:

Have I said YOU or any other fan is not entitled to discuss a players ability (or lack of) on this fans' forum?......No .....:doh:

There is a point being made about the myopic thinking of a certain section of our bigoted fans who deem booing a 'certain' type of player on matchdays as acceptable behaviour. You missed the point Beechy. That says more about you than any further comment that I can make.

Archived