onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams post match interview

MattW

Average manager and he's getting found out at the most vital part of the season. Sure, he did a very good job getting Vale around the top places in the first place and did a cracking job while we were in administration, but if we don't go up this season after being in such a strong position it has to be seen as a failure. Personally, I think we'll only make the play-offs and unless something chances dramatically and soon I think we'll get beat whoever we come up against over two legs.

Advert

Another season after this one Melv;

That's what I was thinking.So a 12 month contract would need to be paid up.At least a 12 month contract being paid up is better than 2 years.Assuming that is the route that is taken and he is off loaded.

Average manager and he's getting found out at the most vital part of the season. Sure, he did a very good job getting Vale around the top places in the first place and did a cracking job while we were in administration, but if we don't go up this season after being in such a strong position it has to be seen as a failure. Personally, I think we'll only make the play-offs and unless something chances dramatically and soon I think we'll get beat whoever we come up against over two legs.

I to think we will fail in the play offs playing as we are.

Beechy/ melv,

Your comments about the current form of the Vale are accurate. Why though are you pointing the finger at Micky Adams?

My own view is that blaming anyone is pointless, but if you want to attach blame, then it should be directed at the players.

Where do you think the seasons went t**s up ?

Beechy/ melv,

Your comments about the current form of the Vale are accurate. Why though are you pointing the finger at Micky Adams?

My own view is that blaming anyone is pointless, but if you want to attach blame, then it should be directed at the players.

Micky can not be absolved of blame.He is the manager.He picks the squad and the tactics.Its his responsibility.Yes the players also have to shoulder some of the responsibility.But it's ultimately the managers job to manage the team.If players are not performing then he should find out why.

Mr Carter,

I think Vale played above themselves for most of this season, up to a few weeks ago. Ask yourself how many of Vale players would get into a combined League 2 side. When John Rudge took us up from the then Division 4, I think from memory 4 players made the Division 4 team of the year.

Yes, I know they are players signed by Micky Adams, many of them this season. We were never favourites to go up and under the circumstances I think Adams has done a very good job.

Mr Carter,

I think Vale played above themselves for most of this season, up to a few weeks ago. Ask yourself how many of Vale players would get into a combined League 2 side. When John Rudge took us up from the then Division 4, I think from memory 4 players made the Division 4 team of the year.

Yes, I know they are players signed by Micky Adams, many of them this season. We were never favourites to go up and under the circumstances I think Adams has done a very good job.

Adams has done a good job of dismantling a team full of confidence and building a side that looks like relegation material

Good interview. Very candid, hope he turns it round having got us so far under difficult circumstances. Good luck to the guy and a few players he's put a lot of faith in need to start showing up.

" Difficult circumstances"? It could be argued MA has spent a small fortune since January, Griff has not come cheap or Hughes.

People are thinking sackings etc, but seriously he sounds fed up enough walk out Monday never mind getting sacked.

I thought that he looks very fed up, especially today on the touch line, one more defeat and I think he will walk, which is a shame as he's brought us far this season would be nice to see him succeed with us.

Also I don't think it's nice to here him talk like that, seems as though there is an added pressure on him to succeed since the new owners took over, rightly so to a degree. I always thought Adams sides were fighters well that's what we need now Micky. He shouldn't be think if we don't go up ill get sacked he should be telling himself that we will go up.

Archived