onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue.

Spunk Trumpet

I'd be properly annoyed if I'd forked out good money to have my name on the statue and (i) had not been given the courtesy to be informed of the changes in the 'deal', and (ii) had not been given the option of a refund at that point.

The fact that they've moved the goalposts and ploughed on regardless, effectively making a decision on behalf of people who haven't been asked, is quite staggering.

Advert

Well I went to look at them last week but said nothing as I hoped they were not finished. You can't read them but I'd hoped someone was going to fill them in. However they are being screwed to a wall that has not even been cleaned and looks tatty. TBH I was shocked by the look hopefully they will look ok in the end. If they look as they do now I will be extremely disappointed.

Who is actually responsible ?

I did take some photos with a decent camera so I'll try to post them on here.

Am I the only one who thinks the plaques look cheap, easily damaged or removed, difficult to read and a complete cop out from the original idea of a name on the plinth? I've been to see them and quite simply I feel conned. One of the people I paid for is adamant that they do not want their name on the wall. I too may have my name removed and will be looking for a refund.

If V2001 had pulled this stunt there would be hell up!

I've been down today and seen the plaques & I must admit I'm very disappointed with what I saw. The plaques do indeed look cheap and they look shoddy as though they have been there for a number of years! The screws have not even been sunk as you would expect, they look like they've been fitted by an "odd-job man."

I paid for one expecting the end result to be as impressive as the statue itself, however the damp that is showing on the wall along with the poor appearance of the plaques, I'm afraid the whole area now looks cheap & nasty!

Sorry if that upsets people after all the hard work that has been put in, but those were my feelings as I stood there today. I'm very disappointed, almost embarrassed by what I saw.

• 2 weeks later...

I understood that the £100 was a donation to the Sproson statue and not the purchase price of a name on a plinth or wall. I specifically requested that my name was not attached as I wished the whole of the donation to go to the statue. Real supporters do not need to advertise their support either by names on a wall or by standing up in seated areas.

I understood that the £100 was a donation to the Sproson statue and not the purchase price of a name on a plinth or wall. I specifically requested that my name was not attached as I wished the whole of the donation to go to the statue. Real supporters do not need to advertise their support either by names on a wall or by standing up in seated areas.

Thats a fair point however people had the right to chose whether they did or they didn't and if they did want their name on there then they are entitled to receive the end product of the standard advertised. You don't go into a supermarket, buy a loaf of bread and accept it if it has mold on every single slice for instance.

Real supporters do not need to advertise their support either by names on a wall or by standing up in seated areas.

Probably the most pathetic statement ive ever read on here.

I would try and explain that a lot of people have names of deceased relatives on the wall but then it seems ******************** engage.

And what standing up in seated areas has to do with anything i do not know.

No they were not.... I donated plenty and then was asked to purchase names on the plinth...

Archived