onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue.

Spunk Trumpet

Dean perhaps reading you describing my attempts to get rid of V2001 as 'waffle' is similarly disappointing.

But that's your opinion so be it. Its a shame as you were always very supportive of the project with your donations. So I find it hard to believe that you consider the possibility of the statue never being completed as being preferential to making a judgment that saw the scheme come to fruition and still gives a direct link between plaque names and the statue.

Advert

Dean perhaps reading you describing my attempts to get rid of V2001 as 'waffle' is similarly disappointing.

But that's your opinion so be it. Its a shame as you were always very supportive of the project with your donations. So I find it hard to believe that you consider the possibility of the statue never being completed as being preferential to making a judgment that saw the scheme come to fruition and still gives a direct link between plaque names and the statue.

I described your post as waffel but of course you know that and again you suggest what I should think!

So I find it hard to believe that you consider the possibility of the statue never being completed as being preferential to making a judgment that saw the scheme come to fruition and still gives a direct link between plaque names and the statue.

Dave, the point is that you got 100 pounds off over 100 people for a name on the statue.

The possibility of the statue being completed was very dependant on this money.

You then got the money and didnt give a second thought for the people.

The statue being erected was more important than peoples hard earned cash which you finally had.

Dont bull**** around the point.

Dean, the difference between Bratt and the SC is that one was paid £50,000+ a year for moving the goalposts and the other did it in their (limited) spare time as volunteers with many other issues to deal with at the time. I think your criticism is a little harsh in this instance.

I was asked by some people to stand for the SC Committee. Seeing the posts on this thread should be ample confirmation of the reason I told them I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Maybe it is Jean... I've become more and more frustrated as the thread had developed.

All three I think Tosh.

Jean, thanks for the supportive comments and TBH its only the fact that inwardly I know my personal commitment has been a contributing factor to seeing the back of BB and Co plus seeing a fantastic tribute to a wonderful hero that ensures that I will always believe the incredible time commitment, stress, and upset to my personal life was worthwhile.

And before I get jumped on for self-congratulation - there's a good few more on here who also suffered from the same stress and personal issues because of their love for their football club whilst others stood idly by.

Dean, Spunkers, do you want your money back?

Ive already stated i wouldnt.

A bit of acknowledgement that the SC acted wrong would be good though.

The SC was always seen as a bit dirty with what was going on at the club. Revelations that certain people were in it for themselves.

Whilst i never shared them concerns i had good friends who ridiculed them.

I know Pete Wlliams fought long and hard for the statue, as did others. To them i say thankyou. It truly is a wonderful statue. However, just like V2001 there had been mistrust and dishonesty in the old SC. I know this for a fact. Another huge mistake was made here. "We've got the money, we cant put the names on the statue itself, makedo elsewhere. Theyll have to like it or lump it"...... Thats how it comes across.

Supporters were duped without being told because they feared the backlash. Of that im certain.

Perhaps the thread should be closed.

Why?

What of other people want to comment, or ask for their money back?

Youre not queen admin.

Or then again Jean, lets brush it under the carpet just like good old v2001 did.

I think its a valid thread for people to realise they havent got what it says on the tin.

Archived