onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue.

Spunk Trumpet

Now been posted on facebook that the names are going on the surrounding wall... I was always happy to give money to the statue cause but feel that I've been had. The sales pitch to me always made it seem that for my £100s It would be names on the plinth. I still would have helped or donated in other ways but would not have paid that kind of money for a name on the wall. Was anyone informed of the change in plan and I've just missed it?

I'm of the same feeling and I purchased 2 in memory of my late mum & dad. I heard no alteration to the original plan and quite frankly it would have been cheaper and quicker to have the names on the brick wall. I hope these are going to be plaques and not names on bricks as I will not be happy. There was also an option to get a photograph as well I was hoping to get that and a picture of the plaque on the statue in a frame for my sister. Doesn't look like I'll be able to do that.

Have to say very very disappointed with the lack of communication.

Advert

Like Dean says, it was 100 quid to have your name on the statue itself.

No way would i have paid 100 quid to have my name on the wall. Thats not appealing. Sproson fund or not. Ive donated enough to the fund over the years without feeling guilty by not forking out another 100 quid.

Im really disappointed.

Que sera.

If the name's are too big for the plinth, why not just make the names smaller or put them closer together?

It can't be difficult to get a single engraved plaque with all the names on it, and attach that separtely to the plinth.

Problem solved.

Can't please anyone on this site.....

**** off.

Seriously.

Dont give me that crap.

Ive paid 100 quid to have a name on the statue only to be told we arent putting it on the statue anymore. Its going on the wall!

Have you ordered a 3rd kit shirt with your name on it?

Imagine the club, nearer the time, saying that we cant fit all the names on the shirt, yours will be on the socks instead!!

It wasnt a donation. I got sold something. Its not what i ordered. Im not happy. Neither are others.

After over a year of having my money and then not using it correctly, im a bit ****** off to say the least, so keep your comments to yourself next time.

My problem is that the sales pitch to get me to part with my money centred around the exclusivity of having the names on the plinth. Once this changed then, for me, a lot of the value was lost. Why was the change was only mentioned at SC meetings and were people given the option of a refund?

Correct Dean. They have Email addresses. Why wasnt there an email stating "we are sorry but the names will now not be on the statue itself. Would you like us to carry on and place your name on the wall or would you lile a refund?".... Or something along them lines.

100 pounds was alot of money to throw at this for the average fan and like ive stated i would not have done it just to have a name on a wall near the statue.

Poor form and V2001esque communication from the SC.

I do remember that was the original plan Paul but I knew it had been changed and thought most who had bought a plaque also knew, especially if you had seen the plinth and its inscriptions!

Obviously not.

Like i put in another post... Que sera. Im hardly going to ask for my money back.

I dont dispute the fact it may have been mentioned but i dont think enough was done to let everybody know. Obviously.

Obviously not.

Like i put in another post... Que sera. Im hardly going to ask for my money back.

I dont dispute the fact it may have been mentioned but i dont think enough was done to let everybody know. Obviously.

Fair enough then, some official communication should have been given to fans who paid if it was possible!

Archived