onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Well yeh but there are people ike Geosname who from what i can gather really wanted this as a tribute (my word) to someone who matters to them, and they are disappointed with the result and getting their money back isn't what they want either..they want a decent name plaque and, I guess, an explanation.

Well yeh but there are people ike Geosname who from what i can gather really wanted this as a tribute (my word) to someone who matters to them, and they are disappointed with the result and getting their money back isn't what they want either..they want a decent name plaque and, I guess, an explanation.

Bang on the money..... and said with eloquence and simplicity.... tribute is a great word

People paid their £100 for whatever their individual reason. The deal was the statue, name on the plinth and if you wanted it a commemorative picture of the 1952 team. Would I have paid £200 to get my parents name put on a wall ? No Would I have donated £200 to pay towards the statue? No. The picture, I requested but to me is not that important.

It's done now, apart from Andy Jones the silence to all the complaints on here is deafening. TBH even though I'm not happy I would be willing to pay another 20/30 quid to get this mess sorted as those marble off cuts just devalue the whole statue and the memory of my mother and father.

Please do not preach to me about it being for the statue. For me it was the whole package about the era Roy played in and an era when my parents supported the Vale. If I had the money to put it right I'd do that out of my own pocket but I don't. What we need is someone, from the organisers, to see what alternatives there are and the cost. At least we can then try to raise the money to fund it. IMO it can't be left as it is.

It appears a number of posters on this topic are in the same boat as me but you don't appear to be having a go at them, strange.

The reason I am directing my posts at you is because we have had direct dialogue on this subject. Nobody has directly commented to me other than you.

I fail to see how that is strange!

It appears a number of posters on this topic are in the same boat as me but you don't appear to be having a go at them, strange.

I have just re-read my posts and I didn't/don't think I was "having a go" at you.

If you think I was then I apologise.

Master

we had a choice of getting the statue cast and having the names put on plaques instead of a plinth.

Or no statue.

I suggest anyone who paid for 'names' who isn't happy contacts the shop they bought them from i.e. the Supporters Club who can then discuss the situation with their predecessors including previous SC committee members to see if the issue can be resolved to the satisfaction of the majority.

So you missold information to the general public to part with 100 pounds.

Thats all i needed to know.

you seemed to have singled me out and appeared to be telling me I shouldnt post on this topic. I aren't bothered to be honest as I will comment on what I want! :yes:

I apologised, if you can't accept it, well............................ get real, grow up & stop being so paranoid:yes:

Archived