onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Substitutions

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

What a disappointment but in another day we'd have easily drawn and maybe won. They scored from one of very few attempts and it needed a mistake by Neil for that to happen.

It's not the end of the world. People on here don't have go to extremes. Sack Adams?! You're having a laugh.

The trick is dont get to down with the lows and too carried Away with the highs.

The good:

Jones..what a class signing he looks

Purse..a complete rock at the back.

Duffy...did very well at CH. very calm on the ball.

The bad:

VP pitch. Shocking. Ball wouldn't run smoothly at all.

Pope..his worst game of the season.

JMW...very poor. Nothing came off and didn't look like it would either.

I though Burge was very average. Held onto the ball way to long and didn't create anything.

Hughes worked hard but didn't offer anything. Whether he's to blame for pope going dry I don't know. Pope could still be playing now and not score on today's performance.

Vincent was ok. Not as bad as people making out at all. Got their man sent off and involved in a number of good runs, particularly one 2nd half when he flicked the ball between defenders legs, span him and raced down the wing before crossing.

Really can't understand the Shuker hatred. He is a tidy player who never give the call away. I agree it should have been Dodds who came on to play in the 'hole' instead of Shuker, but he didn't do anything wrong. THAT shot did take a massive bobble.

No need to panic. We'll be fine.

What a disappointment but in another day we'd have easily drawn and maybe won. They scored from one of very few attempts and it needed a mistake by Neil for that to happen.

It's not the end of the world. People on here don't have go to extremes. Sack Adams?! You're having a laugh.

The trick is dont get to down with the lows and too carried Away with the highs.

The good:

Jones..what a class signing he looks

Purse..a complete rock at the back.

Duffy...did very well at CH. very calm on the ball.

The bad:

VP pitch. Shocking. Ball wouldn't run smoothly at all.

Pope..his worst game of the season.

JMW...very poor. Nothing came off and didn't look like it would either.

I though Burge was very average. Held onto the ball way to long and didn't create anything.

Hughes worked hard but didn't offer anything. Whether he's to blame for pope going dry I don't know. Pope could still be playing now and not score on today's performance.

Vincent was ok. Not as bad as people making out at all. Got their man sent off and involved in a number of good runs, particularly one 2nd half when he flicked the ball between defenders legs, span him and raced down the wing before crossing.

Really can't understand the Shuker hatred. He is a tidy player who never give the call away. I agree it should have been Dodds who came on to play in the 'hole' instead of Shuker, but he didn't do anything wrong. THAT shot did take a massive bobble.

No need to panic. We'll be fine.

Great assessment.

I thought MA got the subs right. We created chance after chance following the substitutions and through a combination of good keeping, good last ditch clearances and the ball just refusing to drop to a Vale player from rebounds their goal survived. By the way Jones has got some shot in that left foot and his drive would have gone through a smaller keeper.

Shuker is terrible. It's bonkers.

Vincent is off form, bin him for a bit and stick Jones left wing - get Yates at left back.

Get Williamson/Dodds in behind Pope again and have Hughes on the bench.

Hughes is averaging a goal a game. You would put Messi on the bench at Barcelona because his 301 goals for them obviously means he won't score anymore. Shuker is a excellent player who has helped get the team to the top of the division whilst never being allowed to play in his best positions. Yet again today he came on and created chances round the edge of the box and his only error was to miscue a shot when he was about fourth in line to shoot. And he won a header in midfield against a much taller player.

Yates was a problem at right back today and we don't want him at left back. Guess what Jones is a left back. Dodds can score goals and is a reasonable league 2 player. Williamson is getting his chance. Neither have the finishing talent of Hughes and never played at the levels he has including the Premier League.

A bit tongue in cheek but at least a few can see the point made in my post. Burge is a good player but he MUST learn to release the ball - you can't expect wingers to do much when every time they receive the ball it is to feet and not something for them to run onto. Our build up was very slow and very ponderous and you have to blame the midfield for that.

It was no different against Wimbledon until Hughes sniffed one out from a great ball from Burge. But Burge never re-created that sort of pass today - everything he did and played was in front of their back 4, 5 or 6.

Most teams are going to come and defend in depth at Vale Park unless they are in amongst that pack chasing 3rd spot - I bet we wont see Exeter defend that deep as they, and others like Northampton and Burton need to come and get wins at Vale Park.

Anyroad up Owd 'un I dunna agree with you I think Alan is right.

I also believe there's some incredible over reaction on this thread.

After the first 9 games of the second half of the season we are just 2 points worse off than the first 9 games at the start of the season.

Finally, Jean (Jacko) as usual is right in that the pitch makes a huge difference. You can say its the same for both teams but cut up field bogs like Vale Park don't favour footballing sides - ask Tottenham.

I thought both were average today, for what it's worth. I'm a Burge fan (like most people) but he has been nowhere near his best in the last 2 games.

Everyone was either average or below average today, I thought Burge was one of the better of a bad lot that's all and he was certainly better than Shuker.

Archived