onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Substitutions

Spunk Trumpet

You tell me Vincent was woeful. Fair doos but hes a winger. Remember when we used to stick Doddsy on the right and Lofty out wide. It never worked. Makes us unbalanced.

As for Williamson, he was on fire before Hughes came and got undeservedly dropped in my opinion.

Now, ive seen Hughes 3 times. Wimbledon away, he was ordinary. Barnet away, he was absolute toss. Wimbledon at home, scored but hardly pulled up any trees.

Im a massive Lee Hughes fan. Hes class. But hes woefully short of full match fitness and because hes Lee Hughes i think he gets exempt from criticism.

If you want to get back to the start of the season, where yes Dodds played in the hole and we did well but also Willo came in and linked up with Popey superbly, especially against Plymouth, then Lee Hughes MUST be dropped.

I really like Hughes myself, I think he's quality, but at the moment I would drop him for Dodds and see if we can start feeding The Pope again. Loft played in that sort of position against Sheff Utd and was fine there and also helped James and Burge. I think it's crucial, especially away from home, that we stop getting overun in centre midfield. If that means sacrificing one of the wingers, then so be it. It could be either of them at the moment to be fair, as they are both looking jaded and actually seem to break our attacks up, by consistently making the wrong decision, particularly in JMW's case.

Advert

Neal

Duffy Purse Chilvers Yates

JMW Loft Burge Jones

Dodds

Pope

That's what I'd do for the next game.

COME ON VALE!

I'd agree with that team, except play Shuker instead of Loft.

In all the time Loft has been a Vale player has he ever actually done anything in centre midfield? Burge does Lofts traditional job better than him, and Loft offers nothing on the creative side whatsoever so why does he warrant a place in the team ahead of Morsy and/or Shuker?

SAT - you must be kidding when you say Hughes is exempt from criticism because he's Hughes!

He gets unfair criticism BECAUSE he is Lee Hughes.

I think its great to debate things but at the end of the day we had enough shots on target that rebounded in the last 10 minutes that if the Gods had been with us as they have most of the season then we would have scored at least one if not more and we would all have been saying what great substitutes.

Personally although I like Williamson I would have still left Hughes on as we were a goal down and we needed scorers on the pitch (you only have to see how woeful Williamson's finishing is in the last two matched he has come on as sub)

So on that basis it would have been leave Hughes and Pope on and bring Dodds (another finisher) on to play just behind Pope and Hughes down the middle with three at the back i.e. Yates off.

I thought JMW was worse than Vincent on Saturday. Slowed the game down every time he got the ball, only had one tactic and scuffed all his crosses. Though he has been better over the last few months. Having said said, Vincent seems more likely to score. I'd be tempted to play jones on the left, though playing at left back and over lapping give him a chance to build up a run better. So in a nutshell, I don't know!

Definitely wouldn't play Williamson over hughes or dodds. He is ok, but some over rate him.

I would leave Vincent out there. Wingers NEED to be wingers. Loft on the left is a square peg in a round hole and was part of the problem why we couldnt score goals in the last few years.

For me, its all very simple. Get Wlliamson in for Hughes with Hughesy coming off the bench for the last 20.

Vincent has had too many bad games now, hasnt played well since being player of the month, needs dropping was woeful yet again yesterday.

I'd agree with that team, except play Shuker instead of Loft.

In all the time Loft has been a Vale player has he ever actually done anything in centre midfield? Burge does Lofts traditional job better than him, and Loft offers nothing on the creative side whatsoever so why does he warrant a place in the team ahead of Morsy and/or Shuker?

I do see what your saying about loft, he dosent seem to attack like he used to, he seems very defensive minded, but starting Shuker in the middle would be suicidal, I wouldnt mind morsy and burge together but not shuker. Id still personally stick with Loft and Burge though

If we start games at a pedestrian speed then the anxiety will cause the players to hang on to the ball longer .

2 defeats in 16 away would suggest it works away a 4-2-4 system ,against the more robust and better sides at home it doesn't work .

So I suggest in home games a 4-4-1-1 formation

Neal

Duffy Mccombe Purse Jones

M Williams Morsy Shuker Loft

Dodds

Pope

Burge is more suited to away games ,I'd play Shuker in home games as he moves the ball quicker .

Loft will help out in midfield and Morsy will win the ball and play in Myrie Williams ,this team will win every home game !

would play burge one of our best performers week in week out think it suits shuker to come on as a sub

I do see what your saying about loft, he dosent seem to attack like he used to, he seems very defensive minded, but starting Shuker in the middle would be suicidal, I wouldnt mind morsy and burge together but not shuker. Id still personally stick with Loft and Burge though

I don't know. It seems to be a long time ago now but Shuker and Morsy played together in centre mid an awful lot at the start of the season. We didn't seem to have any problems winning then. People seem to be getting on Sukes back alot in recent months, yet if you checked the win percentage when he starts it would probably be the best in our squad. He can do a job, and I'd prefer him or Morsy in the centre ahead of Loft.

Micky needs to drop a few of em, period! If they can't show it from the off he should be hauling off the pitch...

Shuker and Andrew are not subsituations that have the ability to change he game... He's probably looking back on the game thinking they did.. But hello!!! They had a man sent off, that changed the game.

I do wonder if Mickey is smart enough during the game when the tide is against us???

Andrew reminds me of Kyle Perry, runs around enough but simply does not have a clue of where the goal is. Although I hate to say it but if he was deployed as a holding forward he could help Pope better than Hughes can. Sad fact is Pope has been head and shoulders above any other striker we have had and without him we could really have struggled.

Archived