onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Substitutions

Spunk Trumpet

My problem with Micky's substitutions is simple. There's no tactics involved whatsoever. It's almost always Williamson for Hughes after about 60 minutes, Andrew for one of the wingers after 80 minutes plus one other - generally Shuker for someone in recent weeks. There seems to be very little adjustment depending on the match situation.

I agree it's very predictable, same subs every game in different circumstances.

Advert

Mike (owd sage) et al - Alan Baker is spot on Burge tried the 'Look at me I'm a great player on the ball crap' particularly in the second half - just when we need to move the ball quickly Mr 'give me half an hour on the ball' decides to hang onto it that long that Morecambe get everyone in place to defend whilst he's bug gering about.

Then when he does decide to pass he gives it to JMW in front of their backline who turns to find what? two at least three men in front of him. Burge is a class player but how many 'telling' defence splitting forward passes did he play today? - None.

When our midfield move the ball quickly we tear defences apart - but today we were so slow getting it forward neither winger had a hope in hell of reaching the byline and Pope and Hughes spent the afternoon receiving balls coming straight down the middle with their backs to goal.

Mike (owd sage) et al - Alan Baker is spot on Burge tried the 'Look at me I'm a great player on the ball crap' particularly in the second half - just when we need to move the ball quickly Mr 'give me half an hour on the ball' decides to hang onto it that long that Morecambe get everyone in place to defend whilst he's bug gering about.

Then when he does decide to pass he gives it to JMW in front of their backline who turns to find what? two at least three men in front of him. Burge is a class player but how many 'telling' defence splitting forward passes did he play today? - None.

When our midfield move the ball quickly we tear defences apart - but today we were so slow getting it forward neither winger had a hope in hell of reaching the byline and Pope and Hughes spent the afternoon receiving balls coming straight down the middle with their backs to goal.

Dave I can't believe you are prepared to criticise Burge and defend our two wingers who were absolutely woeful today.

Burger ran his socks off today it wasn't his best display on the ball but still got forward and wanted the ball.

Loft was awful again for me. It needs shaking up in the centre.

14 massive games left now and we've got some tough fixtures coming up.

It's going to be a battle I'm telling you!!

And I thought the wingers were very poor. What did myrie Williams and Vincent do all game? Did they beat there man and cross the ball?

No

A good clear analysis of the game. Burge lost it for us clearly. Ship him out. You **** head.

People keep raving about Burge but how many goals does he score? He is no Nick Powell. The trouble is and I have been saying it all season, when the wingers have an off day or are getting marked out of games there is no creativity in central midfield. This has been an issue not just for this season but has been an issue for many seasons. Yes Loft, Morsy, and Burge always but in a shift for the cause and look good players at times against average league 2 teams, but if we are going to kick on and dominate teams we need more in central midfield. Today has shown that if the wingers have an off day and the strikers get no service, where are the goals going to come from?

Highlight of the game for me was Burge's tackle from behind on the edge of our area in the first half, if he got that wrong he'd have been off but he got it spot on, best tackle I've seen for awhile and when a tackle is the highlight it shows we had an off day today!:D

I'm afraid i have to agree there, there were a number is occasions in the 2nd half when Burge held on to the ball for far too long, I'm not sure if he can't quite see out of his left eye or had a crook in his neck preventing him from looking left side...

I say the above to make a point that we weren't at the races, Burge had a good game generally, I do feel up against a good midfield 2 we need 3 in there to boss the play more... Micky's subs; Andrew & Shuker were not very wrong... Didn't Chang a thing... The sending off made us attack more... Sadly not them!

Bad day at the office

Archived