onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Now lets talk cost effective

Advert

5 of us there last night non of who are season ticket holders, 1 is a Man Utd fan who has been 2 games so far this season Sheff UTD away and this one. The others have been less than 10 games each. Myself I go when I can when and had to go work straight after the game last night but was well worth it. Not sure when I can get to VP again this season but already got hotel booked for York away. These kind of offers bring in Football fans and not only Vale fans again another friend has been 3 games this season he lives in West Brom and has been Wallsall JPT, Northampton Away and Dag & Red at home. Looking at those numbers 3 of the 5 games have been on offer £10 and money spent on refreshments would not have been the same if prices were £20 only. Football is about filling stadiums not charging a few loyal fans the maximum they can afford.

With regard to last night's attendance and whether the club lost money or not, here are some sums.

The club has approximately 3,500 season ticket holders.

There have been three previous Tuesday night league games this season at which the average attendance of Vale fans (not counting away supporters) has been 4,115. That means approximately 600 pay on the gate fans. I know not all season ticket holders will have turned up but that is a variable we simply cannot know.

Last night there were 5,420 Vale fans at the game. Take away the season ticket holders and we have a figure in the region of 1,900 pay on the gate fans.

So the prices were halved but the pay on the gate attendance went up three fold.

I beg to suggest that the club actually made more cash last night than they would have done without the offer. Heaven knows what they would have done if the offer had been better publicised and the weather had been better.

Thanks for the info Jean

If Smurf and his right hand man can afford it may be worth increasing the offer [ maybe £ 15 a game ] for the remaining home matches to improve the atmosphere and to try and encourage an increased fan base for the start of next season ?

Didnt Stoke do it in the championship for the last few home games ?

What they did was good business - they allows those fans that dont attend anymore due to the previous rubbish owners to see how much the team has improved and then hopefully they will come back next home game and pay their £20. Shame the weather was bad as more people may have come and watched.

People will start coming again, as the team are playing well and the football is great to watch.

Archived