onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average home gates

Coskickabo

Bored of this debate now. Keeps on popping up

You may be bored, but nevertheless an absolutely vital issue for all fans and especially the new owners who will need every penny to ensure that the club moves forward both on & off the pitch. Does anyone know--is it still around the 5,000 mark just to break-even?

Advert

How shameful that some former Vale fans are now in Lard Land. That's made me feel really sad!

Sad glory hunters I'm afraid.

A lot of them are getting really ****** off with TP's brand of football and it will be very interesting to see how many they get in the week against Wigan.Many are not satisfied with finishing mid-table every year?:rolleyes:

A lot of them are getting really ****** off with TP's brand of football and it will be very interesting to see how many they get in the week against Wigan.Many are not satisfied with finishing mid-table every year?:rolleyes:

Man.utd,Man.City,Spurs,Arsenal,Chelsea,Everton and Liverpool means Stoke fans will never get anything else unless Coatesy digs deep and sacks Tiny.

I also think a lot has to do with people working nowadays. Don't forget years ago, most people worked Mon - Friday, whereas now Saturday and Sunday are classed as normal working days. In the case of myself, if I want to attend a Saturday game and have a few beers, it costs my in the region of £400 in lost earnings (I also loose Sunday off work, if I've had a drink on Sat), and the cost of the day itself. Unfortunately I just cannot justify that at the moment, when I've got to find £450 a week just in overheads for my job. Hence why night games are better for me.

Many living in a dream world then. When you get 40k gates, and/or charge more, then you have a chance, but look at the Geordies. Prefer a relegation battle?

Hello!! The 'Thought Police' have arrived on the scene!!

Yes mate, as usual. I think we're within our rights to criticise the low attendences. Some fans seem to want to keep the negativity around the place and keep referring to the previous board as an excuse. Some also seem to love to make out that not paying £20 every other week is what keeps them above the poverty line. Twitters for example, got all irate on a similar thread and suggested going to watch the Vale would be the difference in his kid having to wear nappies made of newspaper. It's a tiresome idea.

On the plus side, I have noticed a few posters, such as Bede, who had 'fallen out of the habbit' of going to Vale, creep back in and start posting on match threads having attended. I think they were a little embarassed of their actions and didn't expect such a fantastic season.

Hopefully, with a promotion push this season, and with attendences nearing 10,000 come the time when those 3 points might just clinch it, we can get the average attendence right up there for the league and then the stayaways will drop all of their inhibitions by next season. Then, with a well structured season ticket campaign we can get the fans back and keep them.

When I had a go at him the ex fan tried to turn the argument against me by accusing me of being bigotted and narrow minded and argued that he felt that it was his duty to take his grandson to see the best local football available. I got a bit annoyed about the 'narrow minded' jibe and suggested that he should teach his grandson proper values like loyalty to your team. I think if we'd carried on we'd have ended up having a dust up in Aldi so I left it at that.

When I had a go at him the ex fan tried to turn the argument against me by accusing me of being bigotted and narrow minded and argued that he felt that it was his duty to take his grandson to see the best local football available. I got a bit annoyed about the 'narrow minded' jibe and suggested that he should teach his grandson proper values like loyalty to your team. I think if we'd carried on we'd have ended up having a dust up in Aldi so I left it at that.

A lot of schoolkids are under a lot of peer pressure to follow Premier league teams,pretty sad really when they prefer to do that rather than their local teams.

This old debate again.

Go look at our average attendances historically and then come back in this debate to justify if our attendances are poor.

You wont be able to.

Too many of you have short memories. Especially under Martin Foyle in a league above averaging around 4500.

Correct.

No more needs to be said.

A lot of schoolkids are under a lot of peer pressure to follow Premier league teams,pretty sad really when they prefer to do that rather than their local teams.

Very true my lad goes to a primary in Stockton Brook and must be one of the very few kids who goes vale but I say to him ask your mates who actually goes stoke rather than parents simply buying tops because their mates have them. I say be proud of who you are if all else fails I show him the fa cup replay against stoke that we won 3-1 on you tube ..gets him buzzing does that !!

Personally I would prefer 5,000 attendees who have made a conscious decision to attend rather than 8,000 knuckle draggers who go because their brain does not function above amoeba level and cant think of anything else to do.

You get a far better picture of attendances if you compare ours over the last [say] 5-6 years

This old debate again.

Go look at our average attendances historically and then come back in this debate to justify if our attendances are poor.

You wont be able to.

Too many of you have short memories. Especially under Martin Foyle in a league above averaging around 4500.

The thing is though, we are top of the league, and therefore we shouldn't be happy with 4500/5000 home fans. I worry how many fans we would be getting if we were mid table or lower. We won't always be top of the league and playing well, there's going to be periods, especially if we go up, where we don't win for a while. It is then that it conerns me what sort of attendences we will be getting.

Archived