onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chilvers And Andrew's Contracts

inner sanctum

With Andyregs on this one. If we are keeping Hughes next season, and Williamson continues to develop as he has done, Andrews will struggle to get in to the side. At present showing, and I know we haven't seen much of him, he is a squad player at best. If we have the money to keep him, better spending that on someone with a better goals record. Micky obviously likes him, but he liked Tommy Fraser as well.....

Dont think Andrews offers much at all.

Williamson or Dodds much better options going forward

Defensively then maybe his height gives him the nod over Morsey for the last 10 mins of a match ?

More concerned with Hughes performance. Know its the first match i have seen him but he was poor

Small tight pitch aswell and lets hope we see more from him. As for next season ? theres a lot to be seen from him

before we get carried away.

Purse will also come into that. We need to see much more before we commit to next season

Advert

I got to disagree but I do think he is short of match fitness. Our wingers are totallly inaffective at the moment and offers something completely different when he comes on, he's powerful and has a good touch for a big lad. Shooting and decision making leave something to be desired though.

Rubbish! Myrie Williams certainly isn't ineffective!!!!!

Must be honest, thought Hughes looked very 'pedestrian' against the Dons. I would have bought on Williamson and Andrew earlier tbh

Hughes was supposed to be a major signing , he looks as slow as a carthorse and missed an absolute sitter, so much for his natural striking instinct. Looks like Micky has paid a lot of money for a player well past his sell by date!

Harsh to write Hughes off after one weaker performance. His pressing of the ball out wide forced the backpass which led to Pope's goal. I would keep Andrew til end of season, if we can afford what do we have to lose - we only need a few injuries so why not have the cover. I think he offers an alternative to Vincent particularly away from home. The one I really don't get is Chilvers - I don't see him as better than McDonald or Davis. I assume when McCombe is fit he will come back in. I'd probably prefer Duffy with Purse and Yates in until that happens if he won't give Davis a go.

As usual many on here are making decisions on one viewing but I will agree that Andrew appears to offer next to nothing. The bigger worry for me is that my favourite Louis Dodds appears to be the one that gets pushed down the pecking order and perhaps out of the door.

I will say this Doddsie could hold his own in L1 but could Andrew?.

Hughes will come good and I would be very happy if other teams thought he was past it. Make that mistake and they will be punished.

Chilvers imo is a short term signing to help get us promoted this season. I don't think he'll be first choice in League 1 (if he gets offered an extension) and I would also think the same about Purse, as age is against him.

Andrew seems to be a piece in the jigsaw that fits nowhere. I would prefer that Vale bring in someone else while the transfer window is open. He had one opportunity last night and made a hurried decision to shoot rather than wait for the onrushing support which would have opened up Wimbledon.

I agree Old Sage Louis Dodds is one of the few Vale players who could hold there own in League 1, heard he will be back in training next week. He should be the managers first name on the team sheet in front of Hughes, Andrew and Williamson.

Archived