onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club committee

geosname

Advert

Nick - surely you contradict yourself by on the one hand saying the 60 plusses are aggrieved at having to pay more but then go on to say they have the largest disposable income?

For me a properly constructed fares structure is what's needed. Vale at the minute remind me of the old British Railways fare structure of either buy a season ticket or pay full wack (no advanced purchase promotion). Whereas nowadays the train is quota controlled and start with a number of seats being available long in advance at rock bottom lead in price that are not refundable, then a more expensive advanced purchase ticket available nearer departure day, then walk on off-peak and high peak etc.

This stratefy can easily be transferred to our matches. - Season ticket at a competitive price for differing age groups, then a 10 mtach ticket where you choose your games, then for individual matches an online booking facility where if you buy a month in advance its lower than if you buy a week in advance which is still lower than if you pay on the day.

Encouraging advance purchase will remove the worries of fraud and also help to avoid a drop in attendance when the weather is poor.

Correctly priced at all these levels you could eventually get at least 80% of your tickets bought in advance - as on today's railways.

Dave , if ever I have trouble getting to sleep and cant get hold of a Genesis album I'll get in touch. ANYBODY who finds one of the comodities they purchase rising in price by 30 odd percent and all their friends have no increase, is going to feel a bit miffed, arent they? It does not make business sense to alienate a section of the fanbase with the highest disposable income was what I was pointing out, what the **** has trains got to do with it.

Sensible debate going on here and I agree with bede and the tim

In a ideal world I would have liked the current committee to carry on for 12mths to smooth the way so to speak but I fully understand their reasons for wanting to stand down

I see a vibrant sc vital not just as a conduit between the owners and fans but also in a social basis to bring into use of the clubs facilities not jst every other week

Sensible debate going on here and I agree with bede and the tim

In a ideal world I would have liked the current committee to carry on for 12mths to smooth the way so to speak but I fully understand their reasons for wanting to stand down

I see a vibrant sc vital not just as a conduit between the owners and fans but also in a social basis to bring into use of the clubs facilities not jst every other week

RW suite as a likely venue? Meet the player/manager on a regular basis? Committees are always difficult, people have to be committed to give time and effort, have to accept differing opinions some of the time, let us hope enough come forward. Communication is easier with the internet, but time and effort is still needed, indeed the internet can absorb a lot more time than blotting paper ever did. I think a club initiative may be needed to set it all going. End of ramble.

It depends what you define as an affiliation.

Any loyalties, preferences, whatever you want to call them, towards a certain bidder is immaterial given that the club is not for sale, nobody is campaigning for a new owner (yet!) and none of the previous bidders are still on the scene.

Anybody who wants to stand for election will be able to do so and will get the platform to be elected (or otherwise) based on his or her merits.

The old battle lines no longer exist. Anybody who is potentially alienated by a certain candidate probably has to consider letting go of the past.

Personally I don't want Alan Baker anywhere near an important role in the SC. He backed another bidder so strongly and became so focused on that, what's to stop him getting on a personal bandwagon again? We all know Caroline will back him so that's just a pointless post.

Dave Felsted is ok - he will atleast act for the best of the club. I didn't agree with him at times, but you can't doubt the club was always the main focus for him.

These are just my personal opinions of course.

Personally I don't want Alan Baker anywhere near an important role in the SC. He backed another bidder so strongly and became so focused on that, what's to stop him getting on a personal bandwagon again? We all know Caroline will back him so that's just a pointless post.

Dave Felsted is ok - he will atleast act for the best of the club. I didn't agree with him at times, but you can't doubt the club was always the main focus for him.

Then you don't know Caroline Oakes very well at all. But hey ho! And btw who mentioned Alan?

Those who will not let go of the past are the biggest danger to a harmonious future. You are one such person.

I hope that he does go for it,if just to spite spineless ****s like you

Archived