onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club committee

geosname

If you exclude all the people who were for or against the old board of directors there wont be anyone to choose from..... The only people left are the ones who didnt care enough to get involved.

I think the SC should remain independent of the club whilst working closely together.... as for representatives of various groups being involved..... I have been on committees where the committee as a whole was split into various waring factions.... each one preoccupied with its own interests and wasting 75% of the time with political jostling...... although they can work.

Im not surprised the committee is standing down after some of the abuse they received.

Advert

I agree and we need a 'carrot' to lure them to want to attend Supporters Club meetings. We shouldn't expect fans to just roll up for nothing but equally fans need to support the Supporters Club to have some imput into the supporters voice being heard by Paul Wildes and Smurf. They seem like decent guys so lets make them aware that we have a vibrant SC

What about a evening on the lifestyle of the pidgeon,with a pie and pint included

for a fiver.:thumbs:

The problem with that Cheeky is that if there are people out there who could not be bothered to get involved when our club needed them, do you really think that they would have any "go" in them to keep the SC strong?

It's Catch 22 then. The problem I forsee if say someone who was a visible campaigner for change was appointed, it might not help unify the fans as there are still plent of the "mar mate Bill" brigade out there too. And vice-versa of course, if a staunch Bratt et al supporter was appointed, what would those who were pro-change think. On both sides, I think these wounds will take a long time to heal, and that's why I think people with no previous affinity to either side, would be preferable.

The problem with that Cheeky is that if there are people out there who could not be bothered to get involved when our club needed them, do you really think that they would have any "go" in them to keep the SC strong?

For 'who could not be bothered' read 'having too many other home, family and work commitments'.

You really are a prize tool. Do you honestly think that those who put their families and jobs first didn't care? Grow up.

It's Catch 22 then. The problem I forsee if say someone who was a visible campaigner for change was appointed, it might not help unify the fans as there are still plent of the "mar mate Bill" brigade out there too. And vice-versa of course, if a staunch Bratt et al supporter was appointed, what would those who were pro-change think. On both sides, I think these wounds will take a long time to heal, and that's why I think people with no previous affinity to either side, would be preferable.

The outgoing commitee was very much in one camp and we had a reasonably unified fanbase.

Cheeky,

I tend to agree with your concerns but in all honesty I think the 'Mar mate Bill' are so entrenched nothing will bring them back to Vale Park. The club being totally transformed will still not convince them

We need to start now attracting fans who have never been to the Vale but recognise that the club is now moving forward and is worth supporting and we need the very best quality in the SC and that quality was in the protest movement - its why the war was won.

I, personally, would love to see people from the former B&G, NLV, and SEO come forward now to pick up the SC and take it onto a new era just as the club has moved on.

I wonder if the 'mar mate Bill' lot will have moved on to supporting the new owners now and forgotten about V2001.

The mindset is very much one of backing the incumbent board and not approving of people who in their eyes are rocking the boat.

Rampant - I'm saying there are 1,500 fans not coming who came when we were near the top just before Micky left - what possible other reason could there be for that number of fans to still be staying away?

I suspect they have just found other things to do with their money and time. Some people are more sensitive than others to the unpleasant atmosphere that was created around that time.

I suspect they have just found other things to do with their money and time. Some people are more sensitive than others to the unpleasant atmosphere that was created around that time.

Is that a sideways swipe at all those who worked so hard to achieve change ?

Short term pain for long term gain.

I am proud to have been one of those who caused such an unpleasant atmosphere to get my football club back on track.

Dont ever knock what people did.

The amount of blinkered idiots at the time was scary to witness.

I am proud to have been one of those who caused such an unpleasant atmosphere to get my football club back on track.

Agreed and seconded!

Well said

To put any of my mate Bills supporters on the committee would have been like Cameron making Gordon Brown Chancellor (mind you he's daft enough).!

Archived