onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club committee

geosname

Advert

We need a team that will work together. All credit to the guys who have steered us through the last few months. The time has come to take the Sc onward and upward by taking a different direction which will hopefully keep the membership strong.

Ironically, I think that the SC faces more challenges now than it did last year when everyone was singing out of the same hymn book.

No-one, quite rightly, would have criticized then if things had gone ****-up.

Under new owners the SC has been promised a greater role than ever before and PW has even offered an office at VP!

It would be great if the SC could be involved in fundraising and other positive ventures but I fear that we will return to groups of 30-40 fans. Let's just hope that the Football does its bit to encourage the new-look SC.

The SC needs a representative from each of the volunteer groups that are active at the Vale plus a grants officer, a Football Trust officer (assuming the SC applies for Trust status to obtain grants that the club cannot), plus representatives from Vale in the Community, ex players association, Youth development etc as well as the obvious roles already stated.

There is a lot that can be gained for both fans and club. The direct benefits to fans are obvious in that they would have a conduit in place to ensure that their suggestions and concerns reach the relevant personnel within the club.

However there are many ways in which the club too would benefit if all worked under the umbrella of the SC - Lets say the club cannot afford under soil heating but the club themselves cannot access grant aid either as they are a plc.

However Grants officer identifies a Regional Development Community grant that could be sourced as long as there is a community benefit from the club having under soil heating - rep from Vale in the Community identifies volunteer community organisations that would benefit from the use of the pitch - grant application is produced showing that the new under soil heating will improve all year availability for local community activities - Result is that the club ends up with under soil heating at no (or little) cost to itself and its win-win whereby the club further improves its tie-in with the local community and we as fans get to watch matches whatever the weather.

All achieved by relevant representatives from each organisation at the club being sat around the same table under the auspices of the SC.

This is just one way where a positive thinking SC can work in helping the club - and to be fair don't our new owners deserve the support of an active supportive SC?

I am not surprised that Pete Williams has decided to call it a day - he and Liz were extremely pro-active in the SC when I was the Chair and subsequently as Chair himself and in all honesty they have more than done their stint.

however without doubt there is a huge amount of talent in the former B&G, NLV, SEO groups and here on OVF its just a question of whether those who worked so hard to rid the club of its problems now wish to work in an environment that is a hell of a lot more enjoyable and stress-free than what has gone before.

Strangely enough it is something that I was discussing informally with former B&G and NLV friends last Saturday and they said it would be criminal if an SC that has grown to such a commendable size of membership is allowed to wither and die because fans think that everything in the garden is now rosy when there is so much good work that could still be done to help the club.

Its your decision guys either get involved or leave it to someone else (everyone chooses the latter and the SC dies)

You basically have a blank canvas to work with, no baggage, and as Pete says money in the bank.

Over to you.

I would have loved to be involved but, as i've mentioned to someone who asked me, i'm just not reliable!! I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and fybromyalgia and the latter can strike with absolutely no warning and can mean I simply can't even get out of bed sometimes. It'd be all well and good saying that I could so something then letting folk down because I couldn't.

As has been said, it's very important that the great work done by the SC doesn't end here and now. We need to keep it going and aim for bigger and better things!

I have the utmost respect for the current committee who have lead us through the dark days, but I think with the new committee should come a fresh start, with the SC playing a different role.

It is imperative now that the fanbase unites as one. In my opinion therefore, anyone connected with the old board or the pro-change movement, should not be on the committee. There are always going to be fans who disagree with one side or the other, I think anyone on the committee with a tie to either side could potentially stop fans joining the SC and the fanbase uniting as one. Neutrals, with no previous association to any movement etc would be my choice.

I would have loved to be involved but, as i've mentioned to someone who asked me, i'm just not reliable!! I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and fybromyalgia and the latter can strike with absolutely no warning and can mean I simply can't even get out of bed sometimes. It'd be all well and good saying that I could so something then letting folk down because I couldn't.

As has been said, it's very important that the great work done by the SC doesn't end here and now. We need to keep it going and aim for bigger and better things!

Proves you can spell though!:laugh:

Sorry to say that IMO sc only have big numbers in times of trouble. When things are fine fans just want to watch the football.
I agree and we need a 'carrot' to lure them to want to attend Supporters Club meetings. We shouldn't expect fans to just roll up for nothing but equally fans need to support the Supporters Club to have some imput into the supporters voice being heard by Paul Wildes and Smurf. They seem like decent guys so lets make them aware that we have a vibrant SC

Archived