onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club committee

geosname

Rampant - I'm saying there are 1,500 fans not coming who came when we were near the top just before Micky left - what possible other reason could there be for that number of fans to still be staying away?

Quality of the league, the "we've been top before and failed", lack of cash, general disillusionment, Sky tv, football on in most pubs every saturday afternoon, lack of local derbies, lack of bigger teams visiting, growth of poorly followed away teams. I dotn know one person who's stopped going because of Bratt and co going, but many who stopped because they were in place and its these who we need to attract back. Your view Dave is one which I would call wrong in the strongest terms.

Advert

Cavalier - I hope as much as you that what I'm saying is wrong. It just seems to be blinkin hard getting them back as the reasons you have stated were all in place when Micky was here first time round.

We have not made quality signings like these last 4 for a decade or so - lets hope they get not only the disillusiond back but also a fair increase in new fans.

Cavalier - I hope as much as you that what I'm saying is wrong. It just seems to be blinkin hard getting them back as the reasons you have stated were all in place when Micky was here first time round.

We have not made quality signings like these last 4 for a decade or so - lets hope they get not only the disillusiond back but also a fair increase in new fans.

There will a high proportion who are staying away because of the price. Those aged 60 and 61 have actually had a 30 % increase.!!

There will a high proportion who are staying away because of the price. Those aged 60 and 61 have actually had a 30 % increase.!!

I'm sure Nick, that's one of the first things the newly appointed SC Committee will be looking to address. I would add in a 'smiley' here but for some reason my neanderthal PC wunner let me!

However, back on topic - LOOK AT YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!

****** hell, we haven't even got to voting people in and you're all at each others throats!

What chance does a supporters club have ?

Jesus wept, forget the bliddy past, don't block it out completely but for heavens sake let's ALL move forward.

I'm sure Nick, that's one of the first things the newly appointed SC Committee will be looking to address. I would add in a 'smiley' here but for some reason my neanderthal PC wunner let me!

However, back on topic - LOOK AT YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!

****** hell, we haven't even got to voting people in and you're all at each others throats!

What chance does a supporters club have ?

Jesus wept, forget the bliddy past, don't block it out completely but for heavens sake let's ALL move forward.

Trying to fathom reasons for low attendances and for lack of committee applicants isnt being at each others throats .

The club shouldnt need the sc to tell them that Bob Youngs pricing structure has dropped them well and truly in it. A lot of fans in their early 60's are very very aggrieved and these are mainly fans with a higher disposal income who could afford to go and much more.

Short term pain for long term gain.

I am proud to have been one of those who caused such an unpleasant atmosphere to get my football club back on track.

Dont ever knock what people did.

The amount of blinkered idiots at the time was scary to witness.

:clap::clap::clap:

Short term pain for long term gain.

I am proud to have been one of those who caused such an unpleasant atmosphere to get my football club back on track.

Dont ever knock what people did.

The amount of blinkered idiots at the time was scary to witness.

Great post !

Absolutely spot on .

Scary that some of the 'mar mates' even now still think Billy boy and his cronies were the best possible option - how blinkered can people get !!

Nick - surely you contradict yourself by on the one hand saying the 60 plusses are aggrieved at having to pay more but then go on to say they have the largest disposable income?

For me a properly constructed fares structure is what's needed. Vale at the minute remind me of the old British Railways fare structure of either buy a season ticket or pay full wack (no advanced purchase promotion). Whereas nowadays the train is quota controlled and start with a number of seats being available long in advance at rock bottom lead in price that are not refundable, then a more expensive advanced purchase ticket available nearer departure day, then walk on off-peak and high peak etc.

This stratefy can easily be transferred to our matches. - Season ticket at a competitive price for differing age groups, then a 10 mtach ticket where you choose your games, then for individual matches an online booking facility where if you buy a month in advance its lower than if you buy a week in advance which is still lower than if you pay on the day.

Encouraging advance purchase will remove the worries of fraud and also help to avoid a drop in attendance when the weather is poor.

Correctly priced at all these levels you could eventually get at least 80% of your tickets bought in advance - as on today's railways.

It seems that quite a few fans including Martin T feel that the new committee should be made-up of new faces with no baggage from protest groups or previous bidders, which rules me and many others out straightaway.

Whilst I can understand the need for a new look SC, do you really think that there are fans lurking in the background to now suddenly step forward?

Dave,

Further to your earlier post about the need for all of the various groups to come together under the SC; I think that that has been tried (and failed) before.

The SC should have 3 remits: fundraising, away travel and communication with Club. Working with other groups would be a bonus but not a neccessity.

Al

Nick - surely you contradict yourself by on the one hand saying the 60 plusses are aggrieved at having to pay more but then go on to say they have the largest disposable income?

For me a properly constructed fares structure is what's needed. Vale at the minute remind me of the old British Railways fare structure of either buy a season ticket or pay full wack (no advanced purchase promotion). Whereas nowadays the train is quota controlled and start with a number of seats being available long in advance at rock bottom lead in price that are not refundable, then a more expensive advanced purchase ticket available nearer departure day, then walk on off-peak and high peak etc.

This stratefy can easily be transferred to our matches. - Season ticket at a competitive price for differing age groups, then a 10 mtach ticket where you choose your games, then for individual matches an online booking facility where if you buy a month in advance its lower than if you buy a week in advance which is still lower than if you pay on the day.

Encouraging advance purchase will remove the worries of fraud and also help to avoid a drop in attendance when the weather is poor.

Correctly priced at all these levels you could eventually get at least 80% of your tickets bought in advance - as on today's railways.

I dont see the contradiction re the over 60s.

The strategy you suggest sounds ok..... provided you start by setting the highest price [pay on the day] then working backwards.... 20 quid, no matter whether you can afford it or not, is to high, it doesnt represent value for money in my opinion. A fair percentage who cant afford a ST will pay on the day [twice the price of a ST] but skip games because of cost.... increase the ST price.... lower the pay on the day price.... and fit the rest inbetween

Dave,

Further to your earlier post about the need for all of the various groups to come together under the SC; I think that that has been tried (and failed) before.

The SC should have 3 remits: fundraising, away travel and communication with Club. Working with other groups would be a bonus but not a neccessity.

Al

I think the Volunteers group have the away travel covered actually.

RZ - the vols group should be members of the SC and have a representative on the SC committee instead of working independently.

As I said previously its crazy that they fund raise for good causes and pay 100% of the cost of whatever they are buying when if they were part of a quality SC that was registered for grant aid and had a 'grants officer' on the committee than a substantial part of the funding for what they are buying would be grant aided.

Archived