onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why Andrew

jeff1966

Andrew is toss, he's a similar type of player to popey but far far worse. He is also a bit daft as he wins flick ons for pope who has no pace, why doesn't he bring it down like pope tries to and bring other players into the game . Woeful signing but can see he was probably the only option available on a short term deal , hope we get Hughes in the next day or so.

Popes ability to bring the ball down probably comes from his training at Crewe, where that's drilled into you.

Advert

Andrew just doesn't fit in. He upsets the balance and the flow of the side and isn't on the Sam wavelength as everybody else.

I'm a bit surprised at the lengths Micky has gone to to accommodate him in the side. I would much rather we play five in the middle. Today was like Micky hadn't learned the lessons of the Chesterfield defeat.

How about Vincent has just recovered from a stomach virus! We all go back into work after illness and feel a little ropey, its no different with professional footballers.

Andrew played 90 minutes in a team that won a few days ago at Dagenham so quite rightly deserved to keep the shirt, he along with the other 10 players did not perform today and it is very likely he will have to settle for a place on the bench on saturday against Plymouth but deserved to be in the starting 11 today

As I said its horses for courses, Dagenham was an away game and he did a specific job, today the ploy of playing him on the left didn't work. Cullerton made the point that Andew was comming into the centre of midfied and condensing the play, as a result Vale were losing their shape and playing too narrow. Perhaps Vincent was still feeling the effects of the virus hence he didn't start.

Vale created 2-3 good chances before Fleetwood scored but if needless fouls are given away in dangerous areas, as McDonald did, then you're gonna get punished.

Santa you're spot on.

We lose Loft with an injury and replace him with Andrew - can anyone tell me the similarity?

For me he does upset the balance in the team and I think when up front he gets in the way and restricts Popey too - and lets face it Andrew is not a goalscorer and never will be.

A bit worried Micky saying that he is going to wait to see about signings because I was expecting hughes and Birchall signed up from the beginning of January.

If Lee Hughes now goes to another side in the top seven we will live to regret it believe you me.

Agreed, we need to look at our own youth system as we havent produced any decent outfield players for years

Nothing wrong with the youth system. Its just Adams doesn`t like/trust younger players. Look at his treatmnt of Martin, Morsey, Davis, etc etc. His perogative as manager, but I wonder why we bother with youth set up sometimes.

Agreed, we need to look at our own youth system as we havent produced any decent outfield players for years

I was told that its a big emphasis if their training. Stick them in a coned off box and hit balls at them, which they need to bring under control with whatever part of the body necessary. Then look for the pass.

I agree Sage but today CM was not the worse player in our back 4. We've needed a pacey centre half all season - you only need to look a how few clean sheets we've kept to know that.

Yes clean sheets is the key, remember John Rudge used to say 20 clean sheets to get promotion. Got to start grinding out a few 1-0 wins. Seem to give away a lot of late goals for my liking.

Nothing wrong with the youth system. Its just Adams doesn`t like/trust younger players. Look at his treatmnt of Martin, Morsey, Davis, etc etc. His perogative as manager, but I wonder why we bother with youth set up sometimes.

All three of them arent good enough, Martin released, Davis is a liability and Morsy is a poor mans roberts.

Archived