onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top Man MA

sapperclarke

-Not being able to name a full squad.

-Not being able to sign any players until recently.

-Suspensions and injuries.

-He had a squad that whatever vision he sold to them in the summer was quashed and they were very quickly asked to sign amended contracts without knowing for sure if the original ones would be honoured.

so why does Micky himself say that he doesn't need to sign anymore players???

Advert

And so do you!! You hang off his every word to try and pull him apart

He really grates on you doesn't he? One of the many reasons I love Micky Adams, because you grate on me like finger nails to a blackboard.

Why do you seem to dislike Alan Baker so much Darren?. Is he not allowed an opinion?.. I don't agree with your choice of Williamson to partner the Pope but I acknowledge your right of opinion. Only when someone is abusive do I bear a grudge.

Any manager is as good as his last game and adams is not the exception to the rule.

With the "constraints?" of administration the team played well and achieved, now the "constraints?" have been lifted they produced rubbish.

I dont care who he picks or who he signs, its not my problem, he will stand or fall on his decisions which is how it should be. I doesnt exclude me from having an opinion or posting it on here. Some times its a good one.... some times not so good.

I still think he is a one trick pony, some think his trick is motivation if thats the case he criticises the teams motivation himself so it leaves him with no tricks at all.... if his ability is to motivate then get on with it.

It would be nice if he showed some interest in the team he manages... the only thing Ive noticed recently is how much he thinks of the opposition and how little he thinks of his own players.... not much motivation in that.... its not about you adams.... its about Vale.

My biggest bug bear with Adams is this (and I am perfectly aware the usual suspects will shoot me down for saying it), but to Micky Adams, what's best for Port Vale comes second to what's best for Micky Adams. As an example, if he doesn't like a player, he wont play him, regardless of how it weakens the team. If he does like someone, he will play him, whether it's the right option or not.

My biggest bug bear with Adams is this (and I am perfectly aware the usual suspects will shoot me down for saying it), but to Micky Adams, what's best for Port Vale comes second to what's best for Micky Adams. As an example, if he doesn't like a player, he wont play him, regardless of how it weakens the team. If he does like someone, he will play him, whether it's the right option or not.

Agree with that, that's Adams all over.

Many, many fans will agree that Mickey picked the wrong team against Chesterfield. Maybe that's the fourth time this season, that's how many the Vale have lost in the league, but he's done O.K. for the other seventeen games!

I've written it before, judge Mickey at the end of the season when he's probably been able signed two or three players in January.

That's when the new owners will judge him.

I hope that he chooses a better team against Cheltenham. He'll need the team to be in top form against a team that has a good home record. They have only been beaten twice in the ten home games.

A draw will be suffice and would be a good result.

Of course he chooses the players that he likes, and the players that he likes are the ones that he thinks will do the best for the team/club.

Adams in general is doing a good job, that should not however stop fans from talking about games/tactics and how we would change things, its gone on from the start of the professional game.

I dont like how he is shutting Morsy out of the squad, and I dont like when we are getting over-run in midfield that he does not sacrifice a winger to strengthen.

How do we know what Micky considered to be a "full squad". Either way he bought McCallister in when we were in admin and Andrew and Chilvers after. Hardly inspiring and no improvement on what we have.

Suspensions and injuries happen to all teams.

He has a squad that because of the situation we were in, seemed to pull together and create a spirit that pushed us on early season. It's only since we've come out of admin that their confidence appears to have dropped.

Well I am 99% sure that Adams would have liked a few more experience people in instead of having to rely so heavily on Morsy and Burge in particular, who have both done really well but haven't got the best discipline and injury records. When we can't name a full bench it is a bit of a constraint.

Suspensions and injuries happen to all teams. But unless I'm mistaken we're the only team in this league that had a 19 man squad including 5 youngsters who have a handful of appearances between them up until we were allowed to sign McCallister.

I don't think administration has anything to do with the dip in form. And I think your being ridiculously harsh on the players he has bought in. McCallister is highly rated by Wednesday fans, and Shrewsbury fans who widely acknowledge that he was unlucky to be kept out of their promotion team due to an injury and his replacement playing so well. Andrew is a striker who has been at much higher clubs for his career, despite his awful record I don't think it's a terrible signing, and he could do a job off the bench to protect Pope or step in if Pope isn't playing. Chilvers isn't particularly inspiring, he was alright on loan but nothing more, a year older and having been in non league I'm not sure what he adds to the squad really that we don't already have, other than an extra body.

What signings do you want us to make? We had all but signed Lee Hughes but for some late paperwork. We've only had 2 days to be able to sign players since the start of the season, and we're second in the league.

Look at Gillinghams team, we've kept up with them despite the fact they have a massive squad, and their manager has gone into the loan market so often to help their team. They've signed strikers that have kept Kedwell out of the team, signed Findley from the championship who tore us apart. Had we been able to go and loan a player if and when we needed then we may well be top right now.

As it is, we knew it was a case of getting to January unscathed so that we can streghthen properly. and I think we will do just that.

I disagree, otherwise why play Andrew and not even put Morsy on the bench.

I believe that Morsy against Bradford was suffering from lack of confidence. He seemed afraid to get stuck in after his red card criticism. He will be back some time in the near future.

Also, I believe that Mickey is a true professional and will not allow any personal dislikes to (if there are any) to interfere with what he thinks is best for the club.

Andrews could turn out to be a good asset when he is really fit and has had time to gel in with the squad. He is big and speedy and on Saturday he put himself about a lot giving 100% as did the whole team.

Correct.

MA has sort-of accepted that he made a "mistake" but whydoes he still have to add that some supporters will never be happy.

Methinks that he rises to the bait too easily.

Me thinks he has a point- some supporters are never happy

Correct.

MA has sort-of accepted that he made a "mistake" but whydoes he still have to add that some supporters will never be happy.

Methinks that he rises to the bait too easily.

Because there are some supporters just waiting for him to fail. Any chance they get (thankfully it isn't very often) to have a go at him they do.

It is completely ridiculous. I'm ashamed to share this club with them.

Because there are some supporters just waiting for him to fail. Any chance they get (thankfully it isn't very often) to have a go at him they do.

It is completely ridiculous. I'm ashamed to share this club with them.

I hope that people don't put me into that catagory. I was 'over the moon' when we got him into the club and was also pleased when he came back (not with the huge salary though). Having said that I consider that he is no master tactically because if he was he wouldn't make the errors that he has of late.

My other criticism is that when players 'fall foul' of him he doesn't know when to forgive and forget. If he had handled the 'Morsy affair' better I think that Sam would have come back better. Now we have a player with a 'chip on his shoulder' nearly as big as his manager's.

It's great to have a high profile boss at Port Vale but no one is above criticism surely.

Archived