onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top Man MA

sapperclarke

Advert

Linkety Link

"We could have done things better, and slightly differently.

Maybe I picked the wrong side, but every time you lose a game you are always thinking that anyway.

Certainly the supporters will always tell you you've picked the wrong side, sometimes even when you've won a game. You can never win in that respect."

He's not wrong is he?

About time we acknowledged that Micky knows what he is doing. It is easy to watch and criticise but he has done well considering the restraints he has been working under.

I keep hearing about contraints? What constraints? He had an increased budget in the summer, set by Keith Ryder due to his potential take over. Do you really think we could have signed JMW/Vincent/Neal/Murphy/Duffy from a higher league if he was working under restraints?

Credit where it's due, he's done ok so far this season, but he's certainly not had it as hard as some make out.

I keep hearing about contraints? What constraints? He had an increased budget in the summer, set by Keith Ryder due to his potential take over. Do you really think we could have signed JMW/Vincent/Neal/Murphy/Duffy from a higher league if he was working under restraints?

Credit where it's due, he's done ok so far this season, but he's certainly not had it as hard as some make out.

Yep, can't argue with that.

I think the fact that we were only allowed to register 20 players was a bit of a constraint. Probably the most serious one. Luis Boa Morte was number 37 in Chesterfields squad for example. Don't think they have 37 players but they have a fair few more than 20.

I think the fact that we were only allowed to register 20 players was a bit of a constraint. Probably the most serious one. Luis Boa Morte was number 37 in Chesterfields squad for example. Don't think they have 37 players but they have a fair few more than 20.

Michael Vaughan was number 99 when he played one day cricket for England.

We are second in the League, that suggests we are better than ok - the worrying thing is though that against Gillingham/ Bradford and Chesterfield we have come up 'well short'.

We need to take at least 9 points from the next 5 games to maintain top 3 status then move on with a few experienced signings first week of Jan.

Micky unfortunately has not endeared himself to some of the fans with past events, there is also cautiousness amongst us having seen rapid decline in performance post new year on occasions for whatever reason.

Lets back Micky and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so

So you are surmising about the size of Chesterfields squad. Squad numbers mean nothing these days. There was a lot of ambiguity about the squad restriction, did it exist? Did it include under 21's etc, I don't think it was that much of a constraint on him to be honest. In any event, given the signings he's made since the emabargo was lifted, Andrew/Chilvers etc and the fact he was after a Portsmouth youth player, maybe an embargo was the best thing for us.

So you are surmising about the size of Chesterfields squad. Squad numbers mean nothing these days. There was a lot of ambiguity about the squad restriction, did it exist? Did it include under 21's etc, I don't think it was that much of a constraint on him to be honest. In any event, given the signings he's made since the emabargo was lifted, Andrew/Chilvers etc and the fact he was after a Portsmouth youth player, maybe an embargo was the best thing for us.
MA did not have any time to bring in loan players as Chesterfield did, I remember Bournemouth loaning a youth player to great effect, name of Defoe. MA can only be judged on his Jan signings, not the out of contract players used to make the numbers up. I was glad the fax machine failed, although Emails are allowed apparently.

MA did not have any time to bring in loan players as Chesterfield did, I remember Bournemouth loaning a youth player to great effect, name of Defoe. MA can only be judged on his Jan signings, not the out of contract players used to make the numbers up. I was glad the fax machine failed, although Emails are allowed apparently.

Again, I think that is a myth. He had plenty of time to line deals up prior to the deadline. It was common knowledge when we would be coming out of admin. There was then 2 days to finalise things, which essentially should have just been paperwork.

It didnt take me 4 days to work that one out. Most of us had sussed it before kick off!

Yes not for the first time either, further compounded by substitutions made during the game also.

Can almost predict vale's results based on team selection nowadays currently £1700 up for the season.

This weekend:

If Andrews and Pope play together £250 home win

If Pope and Williamson play together bet Cheltenham win or draw £300.

Should Pope and Dodds play together £100 on vale draw or win.

This assumes remainder of team at near full strength. Anybody looking at the stats will see a clear pattern.

When Dodds plays deeper wingers play further forward hence have greater impact...

We are second in the League, that suggests we are better than ok - the worrying thing is though that against Gillingham/ Bradford and Chesterfield we have come up 'well short'.

We need to take at least 9 points from the next 5 games to maintain top 3 status then move on with a few experienced signings first week of Jan.

Micky unfortunately has not endeared himself to some of the fans with past events, there is also cautiousness amongst us having seen rapid decline in performance post new year on occasions for whatever reason.

Lets back Micky and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so

Did we not win 1 0 at Bradford?

-Not being able to name a full squad.

-Not being able to sign any players until recently.

-Suspensions and injuries.

-He had a squad that whatever vision he sold to them in the summer was quashed and they were very quickly asked to sign amended contracts without knowing for sure if the original ones would be honoured.

Archived