onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

todays signings

steve boomer

I feel about this the way I felt about Joey Barton going to Newcastle - however good a player he is I feel the shirt now has a slightly mark on it. I fear he is not as reformed a character as many think - he was done in court for assault a few months ago - and I don't want some Billy Big B******* coming in and damaging the harmony in the dressing room. I'll just have to hope Micky Adams knows what he's doing.

I wonder if the ban was known when this signing was mooted because on the face of it, it looks like a waste of money. If he has been banned for three games that will be until Notts County have completed three competitive first teams games. They are already out of the JPT so their third game will be on 8th December. That means he will miss four games for us before he can play a match - 15th December. I may be wrong about that but I'm reasonably sure the wording of the ban says until his club has completed 3 FTCM. And his club is Notts County, not Vale. Are we going to have to pay him for the next three weeks when he can't play for us??

Could well be the wording has been tightened after the QPR fiasco, Barton again.

Advert

Liam Chilvers to play against Shots for us. Get in! :yes:

"The central defender joins on loan from Telford United and will stay with the Valiants until January 5th. Chilvers will go straight into the squad for this weekend's fixture against Aldershot. "

If Hughes' 3 match ban is applicable to us, he'll play 5 games if he doesn't sign permanently; Chesterfield, Cheltenham, Dons, Fat ******* Evans 6-2 win again FC, and Daggers

See my post above, I'm not certain he would be eligible for Chesterfield so I hope this doesn't happen.

Chilvers did a really solid job last season. He won't be first choice but he adds depth and experince. Essentially fills the gap that obviously Micky was trying to fill with Artell.

Better than McDonald, so I'd expect him to eventually replace him. Not the most exciting signing, but add numbers to our squad.

Could well be the wording has been tightened after the QPR fiasco, Barton again.

Barton went to play for a club in a different Association so that's why he could play. It's why players can turn out for their clubs in European games despite being banned at home.

Chilvers is a steady signing. Not sure we really needed him. doesn't offer anything different, but does offer more strength in depth

WHERE THE HELL IS THE LEFT BACK?!?! - above all else that's what we needed, and cover for Pope - not a partner for him

Chilvers is a steady signing. Not sure we really needed him. doesn't offer anything different, but does offer more strength in depth

WHERE THE HELL IS THE LEFT BACK?!?! - above all else that's what we needed, and cover for Pope - not a partner for him

Loft is absolutely fine there - and Yates has shown he's adequate cover.

Quit whining.

So you'd rather us sign a worse player to stay on the bench as opposed to one who could tear the league apart?

Perhaps Chilvers got an article of his own on the official site and there's been no mention of Hughes because there's another well known signing coming in and the club will do a big article for the two big names together?

Adams did say 3 signings.

Players will be flocking to us. Second in the league, scoring goals for fun.

Archived