onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Paul Wildes to do list

Bernieseven

If you come across this thread Paul I have come up with a list of things that you need to do once the take over is rubber stamped.

1. Get Micky Adams signed up on a long term contract (5-10 years would do nicely).

2. Get key players signed up on long term contracts.

3. Strengthen the current playing squad with a new striker, a midfield playmaker and a midfield defensive player. Adding these three players will ensure promotion this season

4. Remove the goal bonus from Tom Pope's contract as its costing the club a fortune.

5. Sort the stadium catering facilities out as they are currently the worst in the country.

6. Sort the stadium toilets out as they are currently the worst in the country.

7. Finish off the Lorne Street stand

8. Sort out the Family Stand as its a disgrace.

9. Knock down Tommy Cheadles and replace.

10. Name a stand the John Rudge Stand to finally recognise his achievements.

Advert

I know that everyone harps on about hotels and Burslem don't mix, but I wonder if student accommodation might be something worth considering. With Keele and Staffs Univ close by I think it's something that could work very well and it would fit in with his training facilities he keeps talking about.

But to redevelop the Railway side would cost a lot of money and I guess the returns would not come through for several years.

The best way to increase revenue is to get the Club into the Championship asap. We would then get 6000+ through the home gates plus 2-3000 from the likes of Sheffield, Wolves, Leicester, Derby, Birmingham, Forest, etc, as we did in the past.

Surprised no one has said the clock.

Finish the lorne street end, as friends (who are not vale fans) keep going on about it not being finished yet - how many years is it now and still not done yet. We have a few quid for you to get it finished they joke. It has become a joke with away fans when they come to Vale Park.

Surprised no one has said the clock.

Finish the lorne street end, as friends (who are not vale fans) keep going on about it not being finished yet - how many years is it now and still not done yet. We have a few quid for you to get it finished they joke. It has become a joke with away fans when they come to Vale Park.

The problem with finishing the Lorne St is that it will dilute other parts of the ground leading to even less of an atmosphere.

Why finish off lorne street open up to standing fans only. other grounds seem to have standing i miss this at the vale.could create a good atmosphere no money spent

I have suggested that before as well as others on different threads. I used to stand there as a kid by the tunnel. Would bring back memories and it is great when you go to grounds and they have areas you can stand. I would stand there if they did that.

Archived