onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Paul Wildes to do list

Bernieseven

If you come across this thread Paul I have come up with a list of things that you need to do once the take over is rubber stamped.

1. Get Micky Adams signed up on a long term contract (5-10 years would do nicely).

2. Get key players signed up on long term contracts.

3. Strengthen the current playing squad with a new striker, a midfield playmaker and a midfield defensive player. Adding these three players will ensure promotion this season

4. Remove the goal bonus from Tom Pope's contract as its costing the club a fortune.

5. Sort the stadium catering facilities out as they are currently the worst in the country.

6. Sort the stadium toilets out as they are currently the worst in the country.

7. Finish off the Lorne Street stand

8. Sort out the Family Stand as its a disgrace.

9. Knock down Tommy Cheadles and replace.

10. Name a stand the John Rudge Stand to finally recognise his achievements.

number 11. appoint Mr J Rudge as head scout......bring him home

Advert

I was at vale in directors box today and before game I heard mr wildes saying the takeover won't be finished till November but he was hoping before and didn't want to get the fans hopes up and hes relying on football league! He actually sounds a nice bloke and sounds as if he wants the best for vale! Good times hopefully

Team first, then the ground. Give us more strength in depth - a few more injuries or suspensions could really cost us. I'm sure Micky would be first to say it. Get the contracts for key players lengthened.

Other than the Lorne Street and the Hamil the toilets need a complete refit. No expansion of the numbers of seats (the ground not the toilets!) until we have the crowds to justify it - i.e. Lorne Street Hamil side.

Wildes seems to love going on about the land and buildings surrounding the stadium.

The pitches belonging to us and some of the land just near dimensions are absolutely prime to build a training facility like Barnet have with The Hive. Built with the Council on the premise of being Publically accessible..everybody wins and it would be a terrific source of commercial income that Wildes keeps going on about.

I've long thought the Paddock and Family Stands should be rebuilt a bit nearer the pitch and much steeper; The ground would look better and the land behind the paddock/FS would then be open for commercial opportunities like a hotel people keep harping on about.

And finish that ****** Lorne Street.

While we're doing this list, can we have some black & white seats please Santa!

While we're doing this list, can we have some black & white seats please Santa!

if you look a few posts back I mentioned the black and white seats. I always think nice shiny black seats with either white or amber writing would look sweet. Also paint the steps throughout vp white to gibe it a fresh new feel. the seast at vp look vile and bring the appearence of the ground down on a massive scale.

if you look a few posts back I mentioned the black and white seats. I always think nice shiny black seats with either white or amber writing would look sweet. Also paint the steps throughout vp white to gibe it a fresh new feel. the seast at vp look vile and bring the appearence of the ground down on a massive scale.

We're on the same wavelength there.

I'd add to that bulldoze the railway and family stand building a new two tier stand same capacity as paddick close to the pitch, obviously he is after a hotel at vp too.

Another I would add is please get rid of the faded peach seats and re kit vale park with shiny black seats with either white or amber writing.

Say £8M for the stand, needs to be ready for the Championship. Before that estabish ourselves in L1, finish Lorne St to allow for reduction in capacity of the Railway during the re-building work

Archived