onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Paul Wildes to do list

Bernieseven

Say £8M for the stand, needs to be ready for the Championship. Before that estabish ourselves in L1, finish Lorne St to allow for reduction in capacity of the Railway during the re-building work

Sod the ground, who wants to spend 8M on the ground? We've got more than enough capacity for the number of fans we'd get in the championship. Put some seats in the unfinished Lorne St. and stick blow up dolls in there.It was being over ambitious with the ground that did for the Bell/Rudge era.

Advert

47 Posts, spending millions of pounds but not bringing any money into the club.... one reason why fans shouldnt run football clubs.

Money is very easy to spend but its not quite so easy to make it work.

Great post Geo. Get the Robbie Williams Suite finished and get it earning a 'few bob' from private functions.

47 Posts, spending millions of pounds but not bringing any money into the club.... one reason why fans shouldnt run football clubs.

Lazy admin. Do you actually read the posts? At least half were against spending anything except on the pitch and on increasing revenue. Run that hotel plan of yours past me again.......

Great post Geo. Get the Robbie Williams Suite finished and get it earning a 'few bob' from private functions.
Except post 22 which said errr, get the Robbie Williams suite and earning a few bob....Other than a few people on here you might as well be invisible. By the way WILDES HAS NO HOTELS HIS HOTEL VENTURE IS BUST!!!!

47 Posts,ldnt run football clubs.

Money will need to be spent before these ventures will take off where money can be made into the club. It will take spending to ge the ground up to a standard where profits can start to be made. around just the railway area there is a vast amount of land that is unused it is untrue, even the bycars has a hill that could be disposed of.

Lazy admin. Do you actually read the posts? At least half were against spending anything except on the pitch and on increasing revenue. Run that hotel plan of yours past me again.......

I dont have a hotel plan.... I dont have any plan... its not my money... but then reading isnt your strong point.

I would suggest making the ground look pretty for the fans that are absent is not a priority.... finishing an unused stand so it can remain unused is also low on the list... people wont come to the ground to look at the stadium, if you want them to come you have to give them a reason... if you want them to spend money you have to give them something they think they want to buy.

As for reading all the posts... no.. I try not to

Sod the ground, who wants to spend 8M on the ground? We've got more than enough capacity for the number of fans we'd get in the championship. Put some seats in the unfinished Lorne St. and stick blow up dolls in there.It was being over ambitious with the ground that did for the Bell/Rudge era.

You'd be suprised how many people are put off by very poor and outdates facilaties, they can go to the brit and have a covered in door concourse and watch premiership football, where as you can watch league two football, freeze at half time or get **** wet through while having a beer or pastie. I go in the paddock and it is like a museum of years gone by in football. The sooner those facilaties are updates the sooner we can get bums on seats. It has already been stated by wildes that micky can have money strengthen his team if he likes, so updating the facilaties wont hurt if thats what he wants do. You forget this isn't the bratt era where other ventures are funded and nothing goes in the team.

I dont have a hotel plan.... I dont have any plan... its not my money... but then reading isnt your strong point.

I would suggest making the ground look pretty for the fans that are absent is not a priority.... finishing an unused stand so it can remain unused is also low on the list... people wont come to the ground to look at the stadium, if you want them to come you have to give them a reason... if you want them to spend money you have to give them something they think they want to buy.

As for reading all the posts... no.. I try not to

We wont attract new fans untill we stop having **** poor facilaties.

We wont attract new fans untill we stop having **** poor facilaties.

If we have ****poor performances we wont keep old fans let alone attract new ones.... no matter what the facilities are like.

Im not suggesting not developing the facilities Im suggesting that whatever is invested in needs to produce a return... as soon as possible... finishing a stand to sit empty is a none starter for me.. improving the catering/ticketing and that damn dismal shop may well bring in the coin to spend elsewhere... I would love to see revenue attracted that is none football related... its the only way I see sustainability.... but what do I know.... its not my money.

If we have ****poor performances we wont keep old fans let alone attract new ones.... no matter what the facilities are like.

Im not suggesting not developing the facilities Im suggesting that whatever is invested in needs to produce a return... as soon as possible... finishing a stand to sit empty is a none starter for me.. improving the catering/ticketing and that damn dismal shop may well bring in the coin to spend elsewhere... I would love to see revenue attracted that is none football related... its the only way I see sustainability.... but what do I know.... its not my money.

I actually agree there this is more with the intention of rebuilding parts of the ground witha view of using the facilaties 7 days a week which he seems have plans for and from the sounds of it he wants to train staff from his other ventures there. I totaly agree but if we go up this year we are only one step away from the championship and it sounds like he has told micky he can sign players or scouts and coatching staff etc. I have even explained to people at uni after watching the oxford game on tv why the lorne street stand remained incomplete at that side and they said that makes perfect sence and shouldnt be done untill we are targeting the top 6 of League One.

Except post 22 which said errr, get the Robbie Williams suite and earning a few bob....Other than a few people on here you might as well be invisible. By the way WILDES HAS NO HOTELS HIS HOTEL VENTURE IS BUST!!!!

Hope so ,as a hotel in Boslem,really?The City Council have killed the town off!!!!!Priority is funding getting out of this league asap now that a fantastic foundation has been laid by Micky and the boys.Then sort out a decent business plan for the next 5 years including improving some dire facilities at Vale Park.The shop needs a revamp as its got great potential and is a revenue source.Good times at Vale at last:yes:

Hope so ,as a hotel in Boslem,really?The City Council have killed the town off!!!!!Priority is funding getting out of this league asap now that a fantastic foundation has been laid by Micky and the boys.Then sort out a decent business plan for the next 5 years including improving some dire facilities at Vale Park.The shop needs a revamp as its got great potential and is a revenue source.Good times at Vale at last:yes:

A hotel in Burlsem is unlikely but not un believble. If it was a cheaper hotel could be feasble. This being as Burslem is deads unless you like real ale, yummy, but it is a short distance from the main city centre and festival park, so a cheaper hotel could possibly rival the moathouse ?? You seen where that new travelodge is in Castle the one joined onto Lidle and surounded by a council estate and council flats and that does well for buisness.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2872[/ATTACH]

That hotel in Newcastle is in a prime location next to the A34, whereas Vale Park is a bit out of town.I agree the point about Burslem having great pubs but thats all it offers at the moment apart from Vale.Shame that the once superb Pottery Industry has now gone as the town is a ghost town in the day.

Archived