onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Don't feel down !!!!

grebovale

There are 3 good things to come out of Saturday !!! first,we and the players probably thought we were unbeatable playing like Brazil as we have,scoring when we want,well yesterday showed it won't be easy this season.Second we are still 2nd in the league after most of the other results went for us.Third,the gate of nearly 7000 was fantastic yesterday,Gillingham only bought about 400 fans so that's 6500+ VALE fans who have got out of the habit of staying away and long may it continue... KEEP THE FAITH ..

Grebo , think the same . I fthey had played Kedwell we would have got a result , that loan player was the difference in the first half hour. . This match is done and dusted ,we didnt win , so on to the next match, with probably a few choice words from MA still ringing in their ears.

Advert

Grebo , think the same . I fthey had played Kedwell we would have got a result , that loan player was the difference in the first half hour. . This match is done and dusted ,we didnt win , so on to the next match, with probably a few choice words from MA still ringing in their ears.

The slight problem with that is that a few choice words from MA won't give McCombe and McDonald the ability to run faster!

still beaten by a far better team we need to strenghen to compete in the top 6 - as for feeling down I so gutted 12 hours travelling time for 2 vale games not seen a vale goal yesterday and Torquay were my last 2 games! Im sure they wait for me to attend and decide to drop points.....

when you travel from southampton and spend a fortune in fuel and cost you tend to feel down, while im on that the vale home crowd still let me down poor again yesterday!

I realistic to know we wont win every game just hope Adams can find a plan 'B' when we fall 2 goals down.

when we can we need to strengen in attack and defence eg there is no real pressure on pope to perform he is the new richards guarenteed a place every game this isnt good for the team or him.

The players worked hard and created chances but were against a well drilled strong side who picked apart our weaknesses there manager knew how to out tactic Adams and the Gills made us look average.

Don't agree in the first half we had a taste of our wn medicine, had you been at Fleetwood you would have a very different Veiw I think (not a dig) but I was there.

Plus in the second half, had one of our several chances and in particular JMW's free kick or the assault on Chris Neale been correctly punished I think the result would have been different.

We did have a plan B but on this occasion it did not produce the desired result.

Don't forget we are STILL in admin, I sat well done lads let get a job done at Badford.

No need to feel down whatsover, we now know that we are beatable and that can be a good thing because we shouldnt get too over confident after only 8 games. To be fair, gillingham were solid and organised and without doubt will be up there at then end of the season. The only negative was to have such a fantastic gate and not play and get the result as we would of liked. But were vale arent we? Stay positive... and keep on backing the lads! Up the vale!!!

+1 to being positive.

Lots of games to go. Some more positive points...

1. Myrie Williams hit the bar with the brilliant freekick (and has scored one against Tranmere). How long is it since we had somebody who could genuinely bend a shot round a wall?

2. We're 2nd.

3. At current WLD rate, we will be promoted.

4. Not everyone has a squad as big as Gillingham.

5. We've thrashed Rotherham and Fleetwood.

6. Tom Pope is the top scorer.

7. Louis Dodds is finally fulfilling his potential.

8. We've only been beaten twice.

9. We beat Tranmere who were top of L1.

10. We are without a doubt a better team than last season.

Oh and it looks like the crowds are creeping back.

+1 to being positive.

Lots of games to go. Some more positive points...

1. Myrie Williams hit the bar with the brilliant freekick (and has scored one against Tranmere). How long is it since we had somebody who could genuinely bend a shot round a wall?

2. We're 2nd.

3. At current WLD rate, we will be promoted.

4. Not everyone has a squad as big as Gillingham.

5. We've thrashed Rotherham and Fleetwood.

6. Tom Pope is the top scorer.

7. Louis Dodds is finally fulfilling his potential.

8. We've only been beaten twice.

9. We beat Tranmere who were top of L1.

10. We are without a doubt a better team than last season.

Oh and it looks like the crowds are creeping back.

Somethings to question:

1) After 4 seasons we still havent learnt our lesson against the "bigger" teams. All the sides that do well at Vale are bigger and physically stronger, so we start lumping the ball up in the ait to our center forward who was marked out the game, and their center halves won everything in the air.

2) Sticking with a team because they have won a few games, sorry but this is lazy management and Mickey Adams isnt the only one to do it. You should pick you side to match the side you come up against and not on the fact that we just beat a poor Rtherham outfit, but did outplay a decent but inexperienced Fleetwood team.

3) Manager not doing his homework, which follows n from point 2, if Mickey had have done his homework he would have seen that the average height of Gills was 6 ft and ours was 5ft 10" (suker brings our average down) and our midfield is the smallest in the division Suker and Mrsy didnt win a header all day, thats a lot to put on your center halves.

4) In the immortal words of one Lee Sinnot, one swllow doesnt make a summer, we win a couple of games against weaker opposition and we think we are going to walk promotion, but mark my words more teams are going to come to Vale Park and play like Gillingham, so unless we get a plan B in place it may notbe as rosy as we think.

5) The crowd will go now we have lost one, it always happens, we will be back to 4500 next home game, we only have 3000 fans and 2000 occasional supporters who turn up when the going looks good, great fan base for a potential buyer that is.

6) We are being conned into thinking there is a future for our beloved club, listen to Mick Cullerton a man who knows what he's talking about, he isnt to impressed either.

7) What happenes with injuries and suspensions, we only have the semblence of a team already, and no prospect of getting more in thanks to our administratoprs lack of ability in getting an ownwer quicker than it takes for my hair to re-grow (itll never happen Im bald).

We are a work in progress and that is how I see us, i remain realistic rather than optimistic, yet hope to be proved wrong.

SOTG

well there's one thing - you will never be disappointed in life.

Really hard comments there - a good result at Bradford and we will still have 5,000 plus next home game even though it is midweek and no away following.

I wouldn't say Fleetwood and Rotherham are 'weaker opposition'

We have a very attack minded and entertaining team to watch.

Not worrying about the future just enjoying going games where the entertainment value is high and I'm not stood outside after the game calling for Bratt & Co to go.

SOTG

well there's one thing - you will never be disappointed in life.

Really hard comments there - a good result at Bradford and we will still have 5,000 plus next home game even though it is midweek and no away following.

I wouldn't say Fleetwood and Rotherham are 'weaker opposition'

We have a very attack minded and entertaining team to watch.

Not worrying about the future just enjoying going games where the entertainment value is high and I'm not stood outside after the game calling for Bratt & Co to go.

One thing Ive learnt with following Vale in the last 5 or so years Andy is, the glass will always be half empty. To many Lies, false dawns and false promises for me to believe that their is even a glimpse of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I wish to be prooved wrong but the stuffing has been beaten out od me by what gone on over the period.

One thing Ive learnt with following Vale in the last 5 or so years Andy is, the glass will always be half empty. To many Lies, false dawns and false promises for me to believe that their is even a glimpse of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I wish to be prooved wrong but the stuffing has been beaten out od me by what gone on over the period.

And I dont think they are hard comments they are an analysis on the game and all games when bigger teams come to Vale Park.

Somethings to question:

5) The crowd will go now we have lost one, it always happens, we will be back to 4500 next home game, we only have 3000 fans and 2000 occasional supporters who turn up when the going looks good, great fan base for a potential buyer that is.

3000+2000=5000.

Saturday's attendance: 6978 - 366 (away following) = 6612 home fans.

Why understate the amount of people who support us, and so inaccurately?

Archived