onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 - Gillingham 2 Post Match Comments

deantaberner

Advert

See this is what's wrong with vale fans!! Do you think Adams is sat in there telling the players it's ok we lost as they are a good side and we did ok for a few weeks?

Of course he isn't, he'll be sat in there *******ing them. But thats his job.

I think the players deserve a bit of slack from the fans for today after the way they've performed the last few weeks. As long as theres not too many results like today, then its not too much of a problem!

and so starts the moaning...

lets just remember that vale are a league two side who have been playing very well of late...

lady luck didnt smile on us today, but like i said in another thread the real test is the next game and how the players react.

come on vale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you lot need to get real! We lost 2-0 to a good side, we were very good second half but they sat back and ruined the game. We are not going to win every week, I think Gillingham will be about the strongest side that we will play, Allen got them very organised and picked the correct team. Shame Kedwell didnt start he looked fat and garbage but that Findley tore us apart. Some good performances other than Mcdonald he is useless, no where near good enough for this standard.

2nd half we were easily the better side, they sat back and it nearly cost them. Our centre backs are way of the pace though, any side with a bit of pace will have a field day against mcdonald.

Neale 8- Made some very good saves, looks a great keeper.

Duffy 6- Was ok, not one of his better games though.

Mccombe 6- Slow and of the pace.

Mcdonald 4- Really poor, he stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Loft 7- Saw a lot of the ball and had a good game.

Williams 7- I thought he did as much as he could, they double up on him but still looked dangerous.

Vincent 7- As above.

Morsy 7- Looks a very good player so far this season.

Shuker 6- Was ok just seems a little bit lightweight.

Dodds 6- Had no service.

Pope 7- As above.

Subs:

Burge 5- Looked poor today worst Ive seen him.

Williamson 5- I still dont think hes good enough at all.

Taylor 6- Looked decent.

Referee 0/10 Shocking seriously shocking.

Great attendance as well! Move onto next week where we have another really tough game.

I've made up for it since, 3 pints in 20 mins in the smithy.

What I'm getting at is we need to make money, there were plenty of people with money in their pockets and willing to part with it and it hasn't happened.

Its not just the booze, they ran out of food too. I wouldn't like to guess on how much revenue has been lost today in the railway paddock.

As for the game, we can't win them all, roll on next week.

No complaints about the result. They were the better team without being anything special. They clearly did their homework, worke out how to stop us and bringing in the new guy last minute was a masterstroke as we couldn't live with his pace. After the first 30 mins the game was a lot more even. We could and should have scored. Had we got one with 20 mins to go who knows what would hae happened.

We do need to be careful. We can't keep a clean sheet for the life of s so if more teams figure out how to stop our attacking threat we could be in trouble.

Archived